Skip navigation

Scotty's Bagged Mk1 ABF on bike carbs!

Back to the top
So I thought it's about time after looking at everyone else's I did a delayed thread on my mk1 golf.

I've always loved mk1 Golf's but have only been a owner for two years. Started off with a white Gti cabby Then ended up with two after buying this one from Scotland ( 5 hour trip) have has this one now for a 18 months now and the cabby has been gone 12months.
So originally the car was a 1.3 driver.
When I purchased the car the engine was all converted it's a 2l ABF  on bike carbs ( R1s) the car was in decent condition engine wise, needed a lot of bodywork attention.
As I said this is a delayed thread so don't have many any photos of the car when I first had it as didn't plan on doing  as much as i have.The engine was done but had to sort a lot of problems including needed carbs tuning,  gearbox, clutch and a general service and a good tidy up.
As I was driving it home from Scotland the first thing I realised was I loved the acceleration (when I could get in gear) but the brakes was shocking. It still had the original 1.3 brakes. So front brake upgrade was done first. Then fitted some Kw coilovers to get the ride height better.
20150429_203047.jpg

So as I said its a delayed thread so not going to bore you with everything I have done but plan to keep updating this from now. This is a car a drive and my only car but luckily for me I have a works van but this is on a tracker so can not use after 5pm and weekends so my golf always gets used and love driving her.

So next was to get the bodywork sorted to at least a decent standard for now.
To do this I had to have the rear quater done and roof and so many dents and touch ups. DSC00161.JPG
I know alot will say why have the roof done and not get rid of the sunroof  But I bloody love my sunroof and will never get rid of it.

so once I had it back from my bodywork mate it was starting to look good. With a lot more hard work and sending bumpers off to be rechromed and lots of shiny bits I'd got it looking like this 
20150815_160405.jpg

so I went to six shows this year and was over the moon when I won best Daily driver at the AGM 2210.jpg ]

Then I went and got the people's choice winner at the vw festival at harewood house IMG-20150815-WA0039.jpg

Then my last show of year for me was back in September Vdubs in the valley 
Won best modified and best in show  IMG-20151115-WA0002.jpg

So can't believe how well I've done with her 
So today she's gone back to my  bodywork mate. Only wanted to have other quater done and scuttle panel done. Ended up leaving agreeing to have tailgate, bonnet and both wings done😲

So I have no car for a while but the mrs has one and I have my works van, I have a lot more planned this winter so will keep this updated hopefully I haven't bored you thanks for reading.
Scott

2015-08-05 10.23.46.jpg

Last edit: by scottyr1

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top
Oh and one job I did today before I sent her off was fit these  20151102_182058.jpg

Back to the top
fantastic mate

Back to the top

16vseries1 said

fantastic mate

Cheers mate 

Back to the top
Looks good, remember this from the annual gathering

Banner

Back to the top
So just an update car still in the spray shop but I've had other things to concentrate on like having our little boy Billy. Got one of each new so very lucky

20151201_201531.jpg

Sure you will like his choice in clothing.

Back to the top
So just a small  update. While I'm waiting for car to be sprayed, I have treated my self to lots of new bits including these
20151215_171913.jpg  
Have also purchased= Chrome tailgate trim, New front and rear screen window seals with chrome inner trim. Now after a few more shiny bits and really looking forward to getting her back to put them all on.

Back to the top
Double post please delete

Back to the top
Double post please delete

Back to the top
More shiny bits have turned up 20160107_195322.jpg

20160107_195339.jpg

Back to the top
Looking forward to getting the car back so I can get all these parts fitted.

Back to the top
Oooo chrome

Banner

Back to the top
So managed to go down  and help my mate get some work done on the car. The main reason for the work was the passenger rear arch was the wrong shape. 

20160123_161117.jpg

No wonder it was the wrong shape 

DSC00226.JPG

O_o  New inner and outer arch on order.

Back to the top
20160123_155942.jpg

DSC00227.JPG

One smooth wing 

Back to the top
Photo0344.jpg

New inner and outer arch on.

Back to the top
Photo0345.jpg

Inner arch.

Back to the top
Photo0346.jpg

Windscreen out and as expected a few little holes. Not as big as expected though.

Back to the top
Unused holes welded up on slam panel 20160123_160011.jpg

Back to the top
Photo0355.jpg Photo0358.jpg Photo0357.jpg

Back to the top
Loving the chrome bits pal!

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.