Skip navigation

Wilkos cabby

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

TLC project

Update well last night spent few hours looking at it.  Anyway decided to take of the return line from the lift pump on front of block at the despencer end and started her up and it ran OK. So reconnected and restarted and it ran OK up to temp but with noisey tappets. So drained out oil again put some better stuff in now she runs and sounds a dream and off to mot next week after a gaiters are done. Happy days

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Bought new wheels today gonna refurb them. Think they will look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Nice find Wilko, I will look forward to seeing these wheels refurbished and fitted!

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Woop woop

Back to the top
Finally got the cabby on the road after waiting 8 weeks for log book  having few teething problems like ignition coil decided to pack up after two days on the road but can't expect too much as it sat there for so long.

Also now started doing some little visual upgrades will let pics do the talking hope you like

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Been buying some bits for her. Started collecting vdo gauges managed to get a new voltage one for 15 quid Now looking at oil pressure and a clock. Also bout all new silicon hoses for the cooling and heating systems and some new pressed plates hopefully all being fitted this weekend

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Starting to get engine bay sorted

IMG_0916.JPG IMG_0918.JPG

Last edit: by wilko13

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Engine bay nearly complete
IMG_0922.JPG

Last edit: by wilko13

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Nice transformation! I like the matt red cam cover.

Worth getting a new, blue expansion tank cap if that's the original one

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Yea it is original and thanks we did sand back the cam cover to bare metal and tried polishing it but was slightly to far gone for it to work

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Fitted my crosshair spotlights today had to improvise as no one sells. The fixing kits anymore

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Might not be every bodys cup of tea but decided to fit some nice chrome gas bonnet struts I think they will look even better when the rest of my plans roll out over the next few months ( pos years )

Back to the top
Just had another look at your pictures and what's going on with the speedo cable? It seems to be running down the back of the engine?

Originally it would of run here.

I then cable tie to the clutch cable near the cam belt cover.

You may want to reroute the clutch cable as it seems to be on an angle where it goes to the lever arm. There should be a plastic clip which fixed to the clutch master cylinder to hold the clutch cable upright.

You can just make in out there. Pictures taken when putting the engine back in, I think I spent more time routing cables etc than it took to fix the engine back in!

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Cheers for that didn't realise it was in front place as for the clutch cable it might explain why it's so stiff lol more jobs for the coming weekend cheers pal appreciate it

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Fitted my front lights and am rather pleased with them really make a difference

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Managed to get my self a metal cam belt cover not seen too many for sale cost Ã,£75 with a free 1.8 DX engine block lol. Gonna grab the few parts on the engine then it will be up for sale

Back to the top
😩. I have 2 these sitting in my garage. One blasted and painted black or rat look rusty. But no alien key stud to it on
If anyone want buy them cheap.

Back to the top

Wilkos cabby

Got the roof done so now all runs up and down with and with out engine running.one very happy dubber today

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.