Skip navigation

Mk1 abf conversion in progress

Back to the top

Story of the past 4 years so far and my plans

So this is A bit of a sad post lots done to the car fuel pump wiring was all buttoned up oil in coolant in but the car wouldn't turn over seems to be getting voltage at the starter as well as from the switch wire IMG_20180821_210510.jpg that kind of put an end for that particular evening meanwhile I have been trying to source the last fue components for the ignition setup I had planned on using a points distributor just as a temporary solution but have been struggling to get points and a condenser for it before Monday I had messaged a VW breaker and repair well none on here with regards to the kr ecu setup but was very disappointed with the reply of yes we have one £1000 not really good service but besides the point IMG_20180831_150950.jpg so the next day got in the garage with an email sent to nodiz and I'm now going to look into that route the major downside to all this is my car won't be redy for my wedding absolutely gutted IMG_20180819_193651.jpg
IMG_20180819_205815.jpg
IMG_20180820_174157.jpg
Carbs all rebuilt and ready to fit IMG_20180819_190238.jpg fue clearance issues with chassis leg nothing a good smack with a hammer didn't fix once running and all settled will be all stripped out anyway and tidyed anyway thanks again will get some updates going when there done peace out

Back to the top
So had a major change of direction with the build as I've been able to afford an omex 600 witch has Given me a massive push to do what I've always wanted with the build and turbo It! I'm going to do this in 2 stages 1st up na injection get to no my software and understand the system IMG_20181207_222106.jpg I've made my own loom with the tried and tested ford coil built in and I plan on piggy backing it to the car wiring with its own set of fuses im not currently sure on fuel pump choice at the moment but that will be next on the list would be good to talk to someone with omex experience and even better with abf turbo knowledge as there seems to be a lot of mis information apart from a fue builds Christmas also brought some goodies IMG_20181225_091715.jpg with breather plate and also a dizzy blank oil cooler lines to boot was very chuffed hopefully get some picks up of it all installed soon

Back to the top
Awesome build Daniel Aplin
No updates?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.