Skip navigation

1.8t 20v engine hitting bonnet

Back to the top
20190818_132208.jpg
Im also having this problem with 1.8T AEB with epytec mounts.
I also pressed both rubber mounts so that hole towards the bottom.
Can i get confimation do I need to rotate both mounts or just the gearbox one ? I would think, that rotating only gearbox side wont affect that much.

Back to the top

mark1gls said

I've read and heard that poly engine mounts will cause alot of noise and vibration inside the car, most people seem to change back to standard rubber mounts or upgrade to a diesel engine mount at the rear of the engine, not sure if this is possible on a 20v?

May be worth finding some one who has poly mounts or posting up a thread to see if it's worth it?  

Poly mounts for the engine will rattle your teeth and the frame of the car as there isn't any play…..

Poly mounts don't last any longer than the OEM ones and actually crumble when they expire.

You can extend the life of your mounts by adding a bit of the old mount at the top to prevent the mount from losing position and the shifter linkages binding when the mount gives up.

Same thing with the Tranny mount.  You can also use a socket in the void.

Here is one that had a socket.

I

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
I "think" and i may be wrong but the trick is with the rear/bottom mount, by raising this up it will tilt the engine forward thus lowering the inlet manifold a bit,
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.