Skip navigation

Regional hosts - I need you!

Back to the top

richyhill said

5. Anything else you'd like me to know? We like Cider, Cheese and the Wurzles ! and talk with a carrot crunchers accent

Is there any chance of the CLUB PROVIDING us and event shelter?

We support and represent the club wherever we can, and have out of our own money bought 2 x gazebo's which have unfortunately lasted us a good few years but now been killed off at shows due to strong winds etc, if we could get a white event shelter with the Mk1 Golf OC logo on it, that would be a big help, also ideally 1 more large black flag and wheel stand.

Welcome to the role Moo and great to have you on board

Cheers

Rich

Thanks for the feedback, Rich!

This is on my to-do list and something I can sort out for you. You'll have to bear with me though, if that's ok :)

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks for the info and pic spam James_W  :lol:I'll update the list too!

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks, Shughy

As soon as you've found a host replacement I'll update the list.

Cheers, lhasadreams I'm sure you'll get things back up and running again. Not sure I'll attend though, I'm not a big curry fan :shutup:

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

m00 said

Thanks, Shughy

As soon as you've found a host replacement I'll update the list.

Cheers, lhasadreams I'm sure you'll get things back up and running again. Not sure I'll attend though, I'm not a big curry fan :shutup:
They do chips

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Bit of picture spamming from me here :-) , most are from Bristol Volksfest as is one of our biggest attended shows, but gives and idea on how we try and get the club stand looking good etc BristolVolksfest2013_zps11cc938d.jpg BristolVolksfest2013_zps11cc938d.jpg BristolVolksfest2013_zps11cc938d.jpg BristolVolksfest2013_zps11cc938d.jpg BristolVolksfest2013_zps11cc938d.jpg BristolVolksfest2013_zps11cc938d.jpg BristolVolksfest2013_zps11cc938d.jpg BristolVolksfest2013_zps11cc938d.jpg

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Blimey, Rich! You're certainly a credit to the club! I had no idea you put on such an impressive display :thumbs:

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Hi Amanda

I can confirm that both Chris Gordonthegolfer and myself are the Lincs regional hosts.

Sadly we haven't had a meet at all this year :( Work, work and more work :(

Our meets have always been quiet, with us and John & Karen fonzooorooo being the regulars.

We've always struggled to get a regular crowd on the Lincs meets, I think it's such a big county with few people in and we're at opposite ends of it which makes it tough.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
"Blimey, Rich! You're certainly a credit to the club! I had no idea you put on such an impressive display :thumbs:"

Thanks Amanda

Its the little things that make the difference and when we have time we do try our best.

On other shows though its last minute.com send a txt and forum message round the week before and hope for the best !!

That's why the event shelter and another flag would be so good as we can make the stand symmetrical all the time, and our old white flag pole we have, has seen better days to say the least. So be good to have another black flag so we can have one each side of stand

Thanks for adding it to your to do list :-)

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Cheers for confirming, Andy!

Rich, as soon as I have this regional hosts list sorted then I can move on to the next one which is club flags etc. I'm keen for you all to be able to represent the club as best you can so your request is right up there :)

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Hi Amanda

with regards to the Northumberland group there doesnt appear to have been anything happening with this over the last 2 years, am guessing most of this region are part of the northeast one. all put up a post and see if there are any responses

Back to the top
Cheers easternkris  :thumbs:

Hopefully there'll be some responses and we can get something going!

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
yeah we'll see, i dont know if it might be worth putting something up on the OC facebook page about it to see if theres any interest.

Back to the top
Just a quick bump to those who haven't responded to the original post.

caddyrage
borednow
ant5
collo16v
Red-or-Dead
ans4r
project1
Dano
JayCaddy

I could really do with knowing guys  :thumbs:

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

North West Region

Regular meets have been held for the last 10 years at various venues. The success varies between the owners who are interested in attending the meets rather than shows.

Historically we have had a strong group of owners who can be guaranteed to attend each meeting. In addition we have 1 or 2 new comers at each meet, some return - some don't.

We hold meetings roughly 1 a month and have had very successful drive out days. I'm planning one at the moment. If we can't get a separate meet date we tag on to another local VW meet called 'Unphased'.   

Back to the top
Brilliant, cheers Dano  :thumbs:

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

We normally attend All Types and Tatton shows.
Average car attendance is around 7-8 although we had 19 in October 2005!!  

Back to the top
Hi guys yes I'm north east host but not been organising much as previous attempts have had a poor turnout and its hard to find a central meeting point. Eastercris has been helping organise things in the Newcastle area. We could probably get a few folk together from the north east and make it a regular gathering. Also it doesn't help me not having the golf on the road. Hopefully in the spring we can get more gatherings going. I'd love to think we had something as big as London cartel, or the midlands meets but thats in the future. I am still happy to be north east host but would like easterncris to be my right Han man if thats ok with the forum.

Back to the top
I'm not a paid member anymore and rarely use the MK1 enough to qualify as a member of the group to be honest

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

project1 said

Hi guys yes I'm north east host but not been organising much as previous attempts have had a poor turnout and its hard to find a central meeting point. Eastercris has been helping organise things in the Newcastle area. We could probably get a few folk together from the north east and make it a regular gathering. Also it doesn't help me not having the golf on the road. Hopefully in the spring we can get more gatherings going. I'd love to think we had something as big as London cartel, or the midlands meets but thats in the future. I am still happy to be north east host but would like easterncris to be my right Han man if thats ok with the forum.

Cheers project1

Having one or more hosts is something we're looking into, so if you'd like easternkris to be your right hand man, that's cool with me  :thumbs:

Would you like to stand down as host collo16v ?

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.