Skip navigation

What Tin Tops are for sale ?

Back to the top

Cash Waiting

Ok, so hopefully I have made the right decision, the Sportline should be collected Wed night :-(

Just as we get hot hot weather ! typical.

Since having cabriolets since 2009 I have decided I need to try a tin top for a while.

I have 2 possible cars I am in discussions with that I will be looking at AGM.

But I wondered what was out there.

Really I am looking for very clean original GTI or the other end and heavily modified.

If the right 1.8T conversion came along I definitely would be interested.

Would not be interested in anything small engine really unless its cheap enough for me to do an engine conversion.

I have a realistic budget and am a genuine buyer and not looking to waste peoples time.

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Blimey Rich that happened quick, didn't even see it up for sale!!

About time you got a proper MK1 though  :lol:  :thumbs:

Good luck with your search ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
richyhill

Someone was telling me about a highly modified blue tintop……………….☺️

Back to the top
 :thumbs:

There's a few on eBay at the mo

Avoid the silver A reg one though

Apparently someone on here went to see it and it's a dog

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Hairyarse - Sold to second viewing for full asking price mate  :thumbs:

Not sure I am doing the right thing especially with 30c outside!

Massbad69 yes potentially got 2 cars I want to look at , at AGM first though

P0jy - thanks mate, is that the one up for just under 5K 172,000 miles or something like that, it looked well priced, so that prob the reason

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
You wont regret it mate, proper GTI driving pleasure will soon be at your finger tips  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
bump

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
My red mk1 is for sale in the classifieds. its technically no longer a tin top though (carbon top)
I think i might have actally underpriced it  :ninja:

Back to the top
Mine is currently on eBay 111709754966 it's no show winner but it is solid has had new front valance rear inner and outer arches rear wheel bearings cambelt auxiliary belt oil and filter change has 12 months mot til 30 June 2016 has braided fuel lines and a full stainless exhaust has grey stripe interior and non standard door card paint could do with a flat and polish no history as was rescued from the crusher and 212000 miles 

Back to the top
MR_LONG - I have messaged you on E38, are you making the AGM this weekend

paultooley - Thanks I will take a look

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
:thumbs:

Last edit: by clarksmk1

'83 Lhasa Green GTi

Back to the top
clarksmk1 you have PM, Thanks

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
I've got a very clean original 1.6 GTI for sale, Lhasa Green with Original Factory fit Sunroof!
No Rust underneath, Excellent interior
Bodywork just sorted out by Deutche Doctors.
Its in Excellent Condition

Back to the top

Back to the top
I will try and get details when I'm next passing his house.

'83 Lhasa Green GTi

Back to the top
I am sure Rich has now bought a tinnie  :thumbs:

Back to the top

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Have you seen this mate when your engine bay was done :) http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=277441

Back to the top
@beany1234 - awesome thanks mate, had not seen that

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

What Tin Tops are for sale ?

My 83 Lhasa 1.8 is for sale. Fully restored to factory spec
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.