Skip navigation

MrP's GTI Rivage

Back to the top
another thought, have you pulled the stereo loom out for the hood tests? if not the fact you have the ignition and live wires jumped together on the iso harness could explain the roof, as it will mean the key in ignition live is on permanent live!

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

the windows should have an ignition live, its separate from the hood wiring. however, are you testing them with the door open? if so that could be why, they have a feature which switches on the module with the door open, also they stay active for a few seconds after the ignition is switched off :)

I have no idea if the door was open or not, i'll have another play tonight.

rubjonny said

another thought, have you pulled the stereo loom out for the hood tests? if not the fact you have the ignition and live wires jumped together on the iso harness could explain the roof, as it will mean the key in ignition live is on permanent live!

The stereo isn't jumped together any more. It has a temporary (separate) ignition live feed from the fuse box going direct into the stereo wiring. That's not to say the cars wiring for the permanent doesn't plug into an ignition live further down the line from the bodge.

Bloody wiring!  

1992 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Blue Metallic - Long term project
1991 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Green Pearl - Sold

Back to the top
MrP, i have the same - roof opens without key in ignition BUT this only happened after i changed the ignition housing to make everything on one key.

1. could be the ignition switch gone faulty
2. little pin on barrel may be stuck or may be fixed on earlier barrels

something i still need to look into, hopefully something similar

Alps 1992 Rivage Green, 1991 Rivage Blue (SOLD), 1986 GTI convertible White (SOLD) 

Back to the top
Hello All,

It's been a while. Busy summer at work and I've hardly used the MK1. I've finally bought a daily driver which has kinda took over for a while. It's a Seat Iiza FR 1.4 Tsi ACT. It's a 1.4 Turbo. 140bhp, pretty nippy (sub 8 secs to 60) but still can achieve 70mpg! It switches half the cylinders off whilst cruising! Anyway, pics:

IMG_0238 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr
IMG_0249 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

Today was the first time in months I've used the MK1 (Other than pulling it in and out the garage every now and then!). I've really missed it, I was contemplating selling it as I hardly use it and I really miss my old Corrado VR6. But today made me realise how nice the cabby is in the sun. Roof down = smiles all around.

Pictures for attention!

MK1 Golf Rivage by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

Back to the top
It's looking sweet 👍

Back to the top
Definitely keep it, even if just for the sunny days. Must have been lovely driving around with the top down  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Cheers Guys,

It's really warmed me up to it now.

I'm going to run it as it is until the weather turns then it'll get stored over winter and I fancy doing some work to it. Bigger brakes, suspension, wheels, rip the engine out!  :lol:

Back to the top
keep it defo, its lovely

Alps 1992 Rivage Green, 1991 Rivage Blue (SOLD), 1986 GTI convertible White (SOLD) 

Back to the top

Alps said

keep it defo, its lovely

Thanks. I'm keeping it, just want to make it a little more fun!  :lol:

Back to the top
Lovely Cabby!! clean as a whistle :cool:

Back to the top
My Eibach brace came. I've placed it on the turrets so I got an idea of how it'll look. I was hoping the polished brace would work well with the exterior trim.. It doesn't .  :'(

I want something more subtle, black or body coloured and it seems like sacrilege painting an original Eibach brace as they seem rare. It'll put this back up for sale and buy another. Any recommendations?

Back to the top
I agree it doesn't look right 😁

Back to the top
Yep,

Shame as I like my rare goodies! Oh well. Need to find another one I can paint up.

Last edit: by MrP

Back to the top
Took some photo's yesterday and I've been playing round with my DSLR and Lightroom to get some nice effects. Thoughts?

Rivage by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1090.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1075.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1071.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

Back to the top
Nice pics - and a cracking Cabby  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Nice pics - and a cracking Cabby  :thumbs:

Thank you! It's a new camera so still getting to grips with it all.

Because of these photo's the previous owner to last has got in touch with me today, well; his son. His Dad was the one who did all the work. Apparently the car was bought from some lady and it hadn't turned a key for 10 years! It took the chap 2 years and over 5k to get it back in the road, it looks like he was building it up for his son for when he passed his test, only to not be able to afford insurance and pre-Xmas he needed cash pronto for a replacement car. Looks like the story add's up. I'm hoping he has some history he can send me :)

Back to the top
Oh that's good news to hear from them

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Are you interested in selling on the strut brace if your not requiring it anymore?

Back to the top

Vicarofstcyrus said

Are you interested in selling on the strut brace if your not requiring it anymore?

I am, well will be. It needs a good polish and I was going to get it refreshed before putting it up for sale, to make it more desirable and easier to sell. It's going in on Thursday. Drop me a PM if your interested.

Back to the top

Vicarofstcyrus said

MrP said

Vicarofstcyrus said

I am, well will be. It needs a good polish and I was going to get it refreshed before putting it up for sale, to make it more desirable and easier to sell. It's going in on Thursday. Drop me a PM if your interested.

can can you tell me how much you are looking to sell the strut brace for.

rgds

kelvin

PM'd

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.