Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf Owners Club Trip To Scotland

Back to the top
hi Ade, afraid i wont be able to make it , as work commitments will spoil it sounds like a great trip
post some pics when you go!:)regards
Adrian

Ade

Back to the top
Hi
Doesnt fit into my shift pattern but im sure i can take a day off at the weekend to join you for the run
cheers
baz

Back to the top

Back to the top
I live just outside Edinburgh so hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you at some point, maybe even join you for some of the drive  :thumbs:

Back to the top
 :( thanks for the invite but im at work for september  :( seems like im always away  :'(

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
Would love to join this… But with the baby due August 7th it's a no-go from me :(

Need to get to a meet to meet everyone soon though!

Back to the top
Thanks for all the replies !!

Hotels are now booked - please see the update on the first entry in this thread ( http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fgeneral-chat_3%2Fmk1-golf-owners-club )

If you want to join us, get your rooms booked and let me know - no room charge at all until you checkout, so loads of time to save. We have chosen hotels with good size car parks.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
First hotel is about 10 minutes from my house (I stay within 1/2 mile of Hampden). Hotel has a car park and a McDonalds next door but other than that its a bit out of the way so if going a night out in Glasgow you will need to drive or get a taxi.

Going from Glasgow to Inverness, if you have the time go via A82 or if you really have the time go A83 into Oban then onwards to Fort william.

A87 and A887 is a really nice loop as well but you will probably hit the A887 id you go that way to Applecross and remember to stop for pics at Eileen Donnan castle on the way past Loch Long. Thats the castle from Highlander.

Beaches up in Durness are incredible if you go a bit further when heading for Ullapool.

Hope this helps and have a great trip.

Dave.

Back to the top
If I can get my golf up and running try and stop me, there is always camp sites and from personal experience in Scotland much more fun lol

Back to the top
After many years back to a mk1. Got me a cabriolet kind of, it's in bits and I'm having a go at rebuilding engine(car). Always been a dub guy, had a tin top back in the 90's a 71 beetle 1302s in the early naughties and currently got a t4. Been getting better at fixing cars and now taken on a cabby project. Regardless of how this goes it will come back to life be it the original engine or a 1.8 turbo. Wish me luck and please be patient, I may ask stupid questions. Wish me luck

Back to the top
 Premier Inn Glasgow (G32 8YX)  is not the best place to park your car I would not leave my car there for 5 mins never mind over night. I would have asked advice from Scottish members b4 thing up the trip there's loads of cheep places to stay and visit up here.

Back to the top
My car should have had a full respray by then.. are you passing by newcastle on the way up? if so we should meet up for a couple of photos and drink stop in my local!
NE65SY for location to waypoint by.

won't be able to join you on your journey but i reckon i could round up the rest of the northeast troops.
how about it project1 easternkris Melteddrummer n2cus ???

Work smart, not hard.

Back to the top

Not on the way up, will be on the way back down though

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Hi
Sorry but ive lost track just wondering who is now doing this event? as in coming up to Inverness
ta
baz

Back to the top
Hi

This thread seems to have gone all quiet, im planning taking the sunday off work to join in but would like to know the numbers heading up to Inverness before i commit as need to give work some noitce?

cheers
baz

Back to the top
Quiet, but not forgotten.  
It's in my diary too and I plan to tie with on the thursday night.  Other fixed plans have excused my onward attendance, but just remember Applecross & Torridon are a must.  

I'm still thinking a curry & beer on the thursday, if this suits the visitors.  Best curries in jockland are Glasgow, and don't let those east coasters or tcheuchters tell you otherwise! :-)  

Back to the top
O well i can only assume this isnt happening
bye for noo

Back to the top

Why assume that ?  I got virtually zero interest. Two cars will be making the trip as per earlier in the thread. Hopefully meet up with some of the Scottish members on the route.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Why assume that ?  I got virtually zero interest. Two cars will be making the trip as per earlier in the thread. Hopefully meet up with some of the Scottish members on the route.

I assumed as no-one has replied to my post since the 10th august or again on the 21st aug & no telepathic messages have come my way

Back to the top
guys, whats your ETA and plans for thursday in Glasgow?
Still planning on eating local? (city centre)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.