Skip navigation

My mk1 golf van

Back to the top
C:\fakepath\image.jpg Hi all this is my long on going project been doing this 3 years now it's been a lot 
Off heart ake lots of things have gone wrong but it's getting there now still waiting on body panels to be sprayed 
So I can fit it all back up but thats another long story hope u like my project 
Look forward to meeting some nice vw ppl 
On here an  hopefully I'll be at the shows an local meets this year 

Back to the top
Looks a tidy van mate and they're getting quite rare now so well worth effort going into it. Is it just standard? any upgrades engine wise? Tell us more :ninja:

Andy#3 :cool:

Back to the top
looks great in the photo  :thumbs:

matt

Back to the top
Thanks for the nice comments no she won't be standerd C:\fakepath\image.jpg got a fully rebuilt 
G60 engine that's chiped an ported going in should be just over 200bhp 

Back to the top
Here's a thew more pics off here in progress been polishing the gearbox 
Today Going try an fit the brake bar 
An servo in the week had to take it off
An spray the servo again I but a rag over
The servo to protect it but it stuck to
It an ruined it iv sprayed this servo 4 times now lol  C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
Nice work mate. Loving the G60 lump, looks very clean!

I scratched my servo when fittine the engine as well, they just get in the way lol

Back to the top
interesting build

Back to the top
thanks  for the comments ya there a pain just hope i dont scratch it again i ant taking it off again

Back to the top
IMG_9182.JPG engine mount that i made for the g60 DSCF0335.JPG

Back to the top
windscreen washer bottle an hydro clutch pot i made from some scrap metal IMG_5148.JPG

Back to the top
my wheels had problems with theses as well brought as vw but the centers were'nt right so had to have them board out to the right size
they fit now DSCF8022.JPG

Back to the top
couple more pics off the build
C:\fakepath\DSC00434.JPG

Attachment
417 views (6 Mb)

Last edit: by Be here now

Back to the top
had a thew bits powder coated

Attachment
278 views (6 Mb)

Back to the top
Pic off the bracket I made so I can have 
A hydrolic clutch Iv welded this on C:\fakepath\image.jpg top off the steering colum works a treat  C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
All the rear axel an disc conversion done  C:\fakepath\image.jpg

C:\fakepath\image.jpg
C:\fakepath\image.jpg
Pic off my mk2 fiesta seat frames in progress 

Last edit: by Be here now

Back to the top
Thew more pics off the seat frames theses 
Are mk2 fiesta seat runners welded up so they don't slide then I welded a 5mm plate to the back off it an welded the original seat bracket off the mk1 golf 
To that then filled an painted them 
C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg thew
More pics 

Back to the top
If u ever do a brake up grade an have to
Flare the ends off the pipes make sure u bye this tool not a normal flare tool like I did cus I had to redo every joint an there was a lot  C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg thew more pics took me ages to route the brake pipes iv run them inside the car with two bias valves 

Back to the top
Panels in pre paint to find any faults  C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.