Skip navigation

My new Fabia VRS SE - SOLD !!

Back to the top
Hi

Picked this up tonight for my new work runner.

Special edition VRS run out model and already becoming a classic in its own way.

1 owner with FSH and only 56k miles, mint condition apart from one rust scab on drivers door from giant stonechip and drivers mirror has a graze, so I will get them painted after the winter. Alloys need a refurb do might go grey ?

Back to the top
I had one of these a few years ago, brilliant car, great MPG and fun. Only issue was accelerator pedal causing engine to race as electronic but easy to change and quite cheap. Looks in pretty good shape and I am sure will end up pristine !!

Back to the top
My mate had one new and loved it so I knew it was fast enough and cheap to run.
After having the M3 for 2 1/2 yrs I just wanted to cut the costs.

I will get it looking decent in a few months.

Refurb the alloys grey, black wrap the grill, paint done and corrected.

Cheets

Back to the top
Nice buy Chris, cheeky little motor that ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Looks great Chris, particularly like the colour.  I would keep the wheels in the colour they are, especially if your not going to keep it for a few years to make it more sellable and its a run out model so a bit like painting Campaign P Slots grey , but hey it's not my car!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
True Richard !!

Won't get them done til after winter anyway :-)

Back to the top
Love the fabia vrs's… looks cracking that! :)

Back to the top
Nice buy mate, leave it as is and drive it, its your daily :-)

Always been a big fan of that colour as well

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Nice purchase Chris, and one lucky car to fall into your ownership. Must seem strange to have a blue car on your drive haha.

Back to the top
Cheers gents.

I've had a few blue cars but a lot of red cars do seem to make their way into my drive ;-)

I've still got the M3 until April but I have been looking for the Ltd Ed VRS for a few weeks and as there is only 849 left, this one was on my doorstep with the decent miles and 1 owner with the perfect service history, so I will pop some winter tyres on it and it will be my snow plough 😊

Back to the top
Nice buy that. Well done.  :cool:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Hmmmm not a happy chappy today.

Gave the car a proper snow foam, wash, dry, polish and then wax, all the door shuts, under the bonnet, inside the tailgate, full interior valet, screen wash, checked fluids, air in tyres - basically 5 hrs of tlc.

Outcome is its a decent clean car for 7 yrs old except for RUST 😁

There is the blister on the drivers door that I knew about but now the weather is dry and the car is clean I have noticed blistering in both rear arches, couple of tiny blisters on the tailgate and 1 on the passenger door.
The bonnet has plenty stonechips so a serious trip to the bodyshop is now required.

Well cheesed off

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top

Back to the top
That's not good news Chris, but I know you said the one on the door was from a stone chip probably, but what about the others?

Perhaps worth trying to see if Skoda's 10yr warranty will cover?

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/273754-rust-paint-defect-on-vrs-se/

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
dont they have the same corrosion warrantee as vw's do? if so they are covered by the 10 year anti corrosion warrantee, so worth a phone call to skoda

ps if you think these are fun to drive now think about how fun they are once remmaped. ive mapped a couple now and its always surprised me how well they go afterwards

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top
Ive phoned Skoda and it will go in for an inspection next week.
IMO the rear arches and possibly tailgate should get done under warranty as the rust is from the inside and not chips.
The 2 door bottoms will be mine to pay for as will the bonnet if I choose to get it done.

I think they map to 190bhp, so it will be bl**dy rapid 😊Thanks Rhys, after 5 hrs of cleaning today I noticed rust blisters on rear arches, both front door bottoms and tailgate. They are small but it will go into the shop through winter to sort them as well as the scuffed mirror and stone chipped bonnet.

Back to the top
Result - after 7.5 yrs Skods are still paying for the paint repairs to the rusty bits.
They are paying for both rear arches and tailgate and I will pay for both front door bottoms snd mirror.

Delighted.

Also put on my new black 15" steelies with Yokohama winter tyres for the forthcoming winter.

Going to put the new black Skoda badges on the car and probably going to refurb the alloys either grey but more likely black.

Back to the top
Oh great new Chris, that's decent of them ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
That looks fantastic, was trying to buy one of these a few years back but they do not sit very long and you have to be quick. Hope you get the rust issues sorted.

Back to the top
Cheers guys

They don't sit long as there was only 1000 made, usually there's around 10 for sale all between £4500 and £6500.

Cheaper cars with over 100k miles and the dearer cars with less owners and miles.

I was lucky as mine is dub 60k miles with 1 owner.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.