Skip navigation

Colley's 82 mk1 gti

Back to the top
Has anyone used the complete drivers side rear inner wheel arch from heritage? I'm curious what they fit like? I've got the outer part of the inner wheel arch but it would be quicker to replace the lot as a whole rather than repairing the inner seperate. Cheers 

Back to the top
image.jpeg
New panel has turned up and overall happy with the quality of it and for the price can't grumble 👍🏼 Hopefully get a good day at it in the not too distant future! 

Back to the top
That is definitely the way to go mate, you will have a like new repair so it's money well spent and you'd have probably spent as much time repairing the old one as it will take to fit that one!

I'm looking forward to seeing it fitted! Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

Back to the top
Had a week off work this week and keep two days free to work on my golf and set straight to the o/s rear tub and axle mount.  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
The new inner tub which I bought fits spot on and went in not a bit of bother, the only difference was two holes in the arch one is a round hole slightly too high to where the rectangular hole is which pipes run through but I will plate that up and cut out the rectangular hole next time I get time to work on it. The other hole is on the outer part of the inner rear tub which just needs playing up because it runs right over an inner quarter panel section which is welded to the inner tub, both these aren't a big job so on the whole I would recommend this panel if people have extensive rot

Back to the top
Before I finished up today I decided to fit a small section of the o/s rear chassis closing panel cutting out the rot and will drop the tow hook on at a later date image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
 Very nice work!

I remember doing the same mods on my arch tub when I fitted it. Was really satisfying once it was all in, looks so new! lol

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Wowser! Hats off to you!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Cheers guys

Back to the top
Some great work there, going to be like a new car when your done!!

Back to the top
Great work! just read through the whole lot. Me and a freind have attempted to repair an axle mount but given up for now as the panel is a terrible fit.  Where did you get yours from as you mentioned it dropped right on?

Back to the top
There's a post I did a while ago I got the panels from eBay on a good deal sure it had the item number on they were klokkenholm panels and are good quality reps

Back to the top
Made some repair panels up for my inner sill on the drivers side on my breaks at work this week save some time for when I'm at home.  IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2097.JPG

Back to the top
Glad to see this is still going. You have done a cracking job on it so far. I really want to see it finished!

Back to the top
From all the messing on and work I've done to my golf the part that has done my head in the most is the tailgate, I have it at work at the minute and work on it in my break now and again. Lately I've just been ignoring it hoping it would sort itself 😄 I can see by the rust on the car and tailgate that the car has spent a lot of its life parked on an angle as one side is worse than the other.
IMG_2123.JPG IMG_2123.JPG

The tailgate by the time I'm done will be like complete reconstruction surgery getting rid of the rust on the seems and edges. The tight folds and awkward angles is what has been putting me off but will be worth it when done knowing it will be all treated.

Back to the top
Had a few hours free today so dropped straight back onto the drivers inner sill repairs, I used some inner sills from a new repair panel at work to repair the golfs.
IMG_2885.JPG IMG_2886.JPG IMG_2887.JPG IMG_2888.JPG IMG_2889.JPG IMG_2891.JPG

Attachment
378 views (1.95 Mb)

Attachment
232 views (1.70 Mb)

Attachment
151 views (1.97 Mb)

Attachment
144 views (1.83 Mb)

Attachment
137 views (2 Mb)

Attachment
142 views (2 Mb)

Back to the top
I've also had chance to work on the tailgate a little this week on my breaks at work. I chopped the lower inner part of the tailgate where the glass sits off to treat the edges inside and out then re welded them back in place. IMG_2868.JPG IMG_2873.JPG

Attachment
210 views (2 Mb)

Attachment
221 views (2 Mb)

Back to the top
Very tidy work!

One question - and I can see I don't need to teach you to suck eggs!  :lol:  But, will your new jacking point foul the outer sill panel?

I only ask out of previous experience of having messed that one up myself! lol

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
It shouldn't be a problem as I've made the panels down to the measurements of the old ones and the repair panels are decent quality so hopefully should fit but a bit of Ferlinghetti isn't a bother like

Back to the top
IMG_2944.JPG IMG_2947.JPG IMG_2948.JPG

Just goes to show even with the huge amount of waxoyl on this piece of panel the rust still started to creep in underneath. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.