Skip navigation

Mars Red Tintop @ VAGE 2017

Back to the top

Back to the top
Great Job there Hugh, will be interested in seeing the seats finished, I was looking at getting mine re done. Was there much difference in the colour of the new fabric and the old faded material.

Back to the top
They look great Hugh !! The only really useful part of a cabby :-)

Should be better for your back !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Those seats will be class Hugh  :thumbs:

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
Class !

Back to the top
Nice, can't wait to see them in ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

andyphill said

Great Job there Hugh, will be interested in seeing the seats finished, I was looking at getting mine re done. Was there much difference in the colour of the new fabric and the old faded material.

Andy new fabric is spot on - just like the original.  :thumbs:

lhasadreams said

They look great Hugh !! The only really useful part of a cabby :-)

Should be better for your back !!

I'll have no excuses for going around the ring of Kerry again.  :cool:

Thanks chaps for the comments - back before end of January if not before - headlining getting a touch up too.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
What a stunning car!! Love the colour!!:thumbs:

Back to the top

Chris81GTI said

What a stunning car!! Love the colour!!:thumbs:

Thanks Chris.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
loving it sir!!

seats should look alright… i guess……

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Looking good love a red mk1
Small question regarding the seat material when I've seen it advertised its says the material is 1.5 metres wide and you buy how ever many metres you want but how many sets of stripes are in the 1.5 meter width if you get me
Cheers
Luke

Back to the top
That's it rich - that's the look I'm after.  :thumbs:

I have the recaros in the Sportline and they are nice and comfy. I drove to Germany with the club couple of years back and were excellent. No complaints. I did 500 miles on the ring of Kerry last sept and back was in bits for days after.

I had a sneaky peek at your seats at the agm.  :ninja:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top

Luke s said

Small question regarding the seat material when I've seen it advertised its says the material is 1.5 metres wide and you buy how ever many metres you want but how many sets of stripes are in the 1.5 meter width if you get me
Cheers
Luke

Hi Luke good question. Being honest I'll have to check for you. I plan on dropping into them tomo to check on progress. I ordered up 4M of the mars red and 2M of the black but they contacted me today to say they needed more of the black cloth. I'll know more tomo…

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

That's it rich - that's the look I'm after.  :thumbs:

I have the recaros in the Sportline and they are nice and comfy. I drove to Germany with the club couple of years back and were excellent. No complaints. I did 500 miles on the ring of Kerry last sept and back was in bits for days after.

I had a sneaky peek at your seats at the agm.  :ninja:

i have had them for years in my vr6, they are indeed s ooooo comfy! 400 miles to the agm and back no problems  :)  
enjoy them , get som epics up when they are done!

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top

Shughy said

Luke s said

Cheers
Luke

Hi Luke good question. Being honest I'll have to check for you. I plan on dropping into them tomo to check on progress. I ordered up 4M of the mars red and 2M of the black but they contacted me today to say they needed more of the black cloth. I'll know more tomo…

Thanks that would be great also how much you'll have left over of the striped material would be handy to no too as I plan on having mine done soon but want rears done also so will give me an idea on how much I'll need
Cheers
Luke

Back to the top
Ok So just a little update - called to upholster today, he was out so just spoke on the phone. I got a little look inside and took a few pictures with my camera phone.

Mars Red material: It comes in 1.5M width a 3 return on the colour if that makes sense?

Recaro bases are stripped: All seats and bolsters are in excellent condition.

Headlining: Not great pics as was inside in a unit. Looks a tidy job and a lot better than before.

This little guy turned up in the headlining…

Might explain why the sound proofing wasn't as good as it should be.  :cool:

I'll have to come up with a nickname for the car now… any ideas?

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Luke s I'm doing the rear seats too.  :thumbs:

Currently I got 4M of the Mars red and 2M of the black but need another 2M of the black so on order today.

I reckon I'll have some left over of the mars red and some nice bits of Sportline fabric up for grabs too.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Names

Bones
Fossil
Caro as in Recaro

Back to the top
Massbad69 lost it !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Luke s I'm doing the rear seats too.  :thumbs:

Currently I got 4M of the Mars red and 2M of the black but need another 2M of the black so on order today.

I reckon I'll have some left over of the mars red and some nice bits of Sportline fabric up for grabs too.  :thumbs:
Nice 1 thanks for that
Luke

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.