Skip navigation

VW Golf GTI Mk1 1.6 1982 Original Schwartz Black

Back to the top

Back to the top
You asked me what I thought of your car. Do you want me to point out a couple of small anomalies that I spotted on your photos other than the missing turret caps?

I don't want to be seen as picking faults more so giving advise to a fellow enthusiast.

If your going for originality you may want to sort them out.

Back to the top
Yes Ive ordered strut top caps off vw heritage and Ive already got the embossed GTI steering wheels cap, silver decal on tailgate and mk1 window winders, anything else??

Back to the top
OK nothing major…..
Your fifth injector is on upside down.
I think the 1600 came with a spoiler on the drivers side wiper arm. The 18's certainly did.
Yours is sporting A pillar trims although these never came in until the MFA 1800cc cars.
On the side shot of the car your back end looks a bit saggy. Mine was the same and I put 2 new genuine springs on the back. The measurement I took from the centre of the wheel to the top of the arch which was 340mm with new springs, a rise of 30mm from when it sat low.

Back to the top

Yomp said

OK nothing major…..
Your fifth injector is on upside down.
I think the 1600 came with a spoiler on the drivers side wiper arm. The 18's certainly did.
Yours is sporting A pillar trims although these never came in until the MFA 1800cc cars.
On the side shot of the car your back end looks a bit saggy. Mine was the same and I put 2 new genuine springs on the back. The measurement I took from the centre of the wheel to the top of the arch which was 340mm with new springs, a rise of 30mm from when it sat low.
What do you mean 5th injector, it's only 4 cylinder??, The wiper wind deflector is obviously missing so if any come up for sale or you see some somewhere let me know :thumbs:Spoiler on drivers side wiper arm, never heard of that a pic would be great thanks, also the A pillar trims, I wouldn't buy them for her if she didn't have them but considering she already has them and I don't fancy messing around with them ill leave them on, The rear springs sag a bit probably from sitting around in the garage but if i replace them then it will just happen again later so ill leave that also, thanks

Last edit: by golfPWH

Back to the top
Spoiler - wind deflector same thing.
5th injector to the left of your inlet manilfold chamber. Has a fuel pipe and an electrical plug on it. Squirts fuel in on initial start up. Needs turning 180 degrees.

Back to the top

Yomp said

Spoiler - wind deflector same thing.
5th injector to the left of your inlet manilfold chamber. Has a fuel pipe and an electrical plug on it. Squirts fuel in on initial start up. Needs turning 180 degrees.

Ok ill have a look also would like the wind deflector now have noticed it, if you ever see one give me a shout, thanks

Back to the top

golfPWH said

Yes know could someone send a link of the plastic top mounts as cannot find them??

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Suspension-Strut-Top-Cover-Mk1-Golf-Jetta-17141235901C_act_shop.product_pID_83318.htm?crumbStartPage=1

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

RichardHall said

golfPWH said

Yes know could someone send a link of the plastic top mounts as cannot find them??

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Suspension-Strut-Top-Cover-Mk1-Golf-Jetta-17141235901C_act_shop.product_pID_83318.htm?crumbStartPage=1

Yes thanks ordered them already cheers :thumbs:

Back to the top
Very nice

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

golfPWH said

Glad I bought 18 when I did! Think i cleared VW out of their last stock! :ninja:

Back to the top
Looking in the boot it turns out my parcel shelf has a slight tear in the corner where it attaches to the back of the seat, anyone know of an original parcel shelf or where to look for one??

Back to the top

golfPWH said

original is best  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Back to the top

golfPWH said

Bazmk1 post a pic of your single headlights gti on here:thumbs:

I drive it a lot & its never let me down & goes very well indeed, there's now way i would modify it.  Should start a thread of show us your un-modified mk1s as not sure how many are actually about.

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

golfPWH said

Bazmk1 post a pic of your single headlights gti on here:thumbs:
I drive it a lot & its never let me down & goes very well indeed, there's now way i would modify it.  Should start a thread of show us your un-modified mk1s as not sure how many are actually about.
Yes when my original parts arrive ill take her out and take some proper pics and start an original thread for PROPER GTIs none of this 20VT coilovers RUBBISH!!

Back to the top

golfPWH said

none of this 20VT coilovers RUBBISH!!

Softly Softly Catchee Monkey!!

You'll be dissing cabby owners next!  :lol:

Back to the top

Yomp said

golfPWH said

none of this 20VT coilovers RUBBISH!!

Softly Softly Catchee Monkey!!

You'll be dissing cabby owners next!  :lol:

Ye I know but it's just my opinion :o
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.