Skip navigation

Adrian Flux :-( are a disaster - Bye Bye Adrian Sucks :-)

Back to the top

easternkris said

thought i would go online and do a quote on AF, am currently with adirmal and could really do with changing. missed a call back from AF they left a answer phone message but its far to fast to understand.  also tried a classic car insurance compare site which quoted me £2165 currently paying 800 which adirmal

Hi,

Could you PM me your details & a contact number? I can then look into this for you.

Kind regards
Dan.

Influx competition - There are twenty cars or bits of cars, all you have to do is get all twenty right and you can win ?250 for you and ?250 for charity!  Follow the link and have a go Guess the Car Competition | Influx Magazine

Back to the top
Dan, whats the cancellation charge for a classic AF policy?

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

Dan, whats the cancellation charge for a classic AF policy?

Scott

Hi,

If you can PM me your policy number I can check this out, as we're a broker we have a number of insurers with different cancellation terms.

Kind regards,
Dan.

Influx competition - There are twenty cars or bits of cars, all you have to do is get all twenty right and you can win ?250 for you and ?250 for charity!  Follow the link and have a go Guess the Car Competition | Influx Magazine

Back to the top
Cheers Dan for sorting this out, couple of more places to check but dont think thats going to be beat

Back to the top
Not MK1 related, but ive had to do a mid term adjustment with AF due to change of vehicle, i know mid term adjustments are a pain, but this lot have just well and truley taken the yellow water out of me!

Have you over a barrel and sting you cause you cant do nothing else. Certainly takes the joy out of buying a new car!

Policy is due to renew in February, and i made it clear on the phone,  in no uncertain terms that i insure 4 vehicles, and hell will freeze over before Adrian Flux EVER have a penny out of me again.

Rant Over…  :ninja:

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top

Gordonthegolfer said

Not MK1 related, but ive had to do a mid term adjustment with AF due to change of vehicle, i know mid term adjustments are a pain, but this lot have just well and truley taken the yellow water out of me!

Have you over a barrel and sting you cause you cant do nothing else. Certainly takes the joy out of buying a new car!

Policy is due to renew in February, and i made it clear on the phone,  in no uncertain terms that i insure 4 vehicles, and hell will freeze over before Adrian Flux EVER have a penny out of me again.

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your recent issues. Although I fear the damage is already done, please do feel free to send me a PM with your details and I can take a look into this.

Kind regards,
Dan.

Back to the top

DAN_ADRIANFLUX said

Gordonthegolfer said

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your recent issues. Although I fear the damage is already done, please do feel free to send me a PM with your details and I can take a look into this.

Kind regards,
Dan.

DAN_ADRIANFLUX
Hi Dan,
I'll tell you what I don't fancy your job one little bit Sir.   :banghead:

I mean we've all heard, "any publicity is good publicity" but the Company you either own or work for is really "pushing the envelope" on that one!  :shake:

Can't please all the people all…… That's a given but come on.

This Club is very well established and is known right across the spectrum of post 1970 Classic Car Clubs.
We are not a little player.

I worked for many years selling cars like these new and used back in the day….
But there was one old and true saying about this industry then and it goes as follows:
"You do someone a good deal and at least 50 people will know about it, but if you do someone a bad deal 500 people will know about over time."

And that was before the invention of the INTERNET.  :o

Think about it, what do Men talk about the most (careful there), what are we doing now for G_d sake?

I just wanted speak my mind on this post as I've read every entry and it must be clearly understood.
That this is my personal comment and involves no one else, including the 'The Club Committee' in any way shape or form.

I live in Austria and what you do or don't do has no impact on me directly whatsoever but surely it's time to 'Look outside the box'?  :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:

Respectfully yours.

Mike.

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
You are legally obliged to be insured and its all commission based sales so you get the sharpest practices.

It's essentially legalised extortion.

A few big companies control the market and they all pi… in the same pot so you are snookered really.

There's an Insurance Ombudsman you can complain to but what is really needed as a sort of OFSTED regulator that checks up on insurance companies and proactively enforces some common sense rules like limiting charges when making changes of cars etc.

The govn take a cut via insurance tax so could fund such an organisation.

I think the internet has to take some blame. Its made comparisons of cost so easy that it has forced the insurance company's to jettison everything else to come out as the cheapest and be at the top of the comparison list.

Last edit: by Early-1800

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Well, as Mike has highlighted with people doing good and all that, I sent a message to DAN_ADRIANFLUX
yesterday and explained my experiences, and credit where credits, due, i had a call from the Adrian Flux customer service team today, with an offer of a partial refund of the charges. So a Thankyou to him for taking the time to look into the issue for me  :thumbs: .

Although there is still work to be done i feel it may be a step in the right direction, we shall see come renewal.  :)

Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
DAN_ADRIANFLUX  has sorted a few things out for me well but the issue is why does there need to be issues in the first place ?

I have my other 3 cars insured with Admiral and Direct Line with not one hassle throughout the last few years !!

Back to the top
I too contacted Dan after my rediculous charges for cancelling my policy still stood after a phone call to Adrian Flux. He managed to get the charge reduced but why could'nt they have been reduced with my first phone call? Why were they so rediculous in the first place?? I for one won't be going back to Adrian Flux.

Back to the top
Still waiting for my AF renewal so I contacted my multi car insurance company, Admiral about their Agreed Value Classic insurance.

After all the discounts etc and with a better Agreed Value than AF, the quote was half of AF at £80.

So at last Bye Bye Adrian Sucks 😉

Back to the top
I don't think you can judge an insurance company until you have to claim from them.  That's when you actually use their product.

Sure, there are always going to be cheaper. There's no man on this earth that can't buy something for cheaper elsewhere. Frustrating if they don't respond to requests but maybe they didn't want your business.

Personally I've been with AF for about 4 years and so far so good - although I've never had to make a claim.

Back to the top
Yomp

With both policies that I had taken out on my 2 mk1's their service was terrible.

Only when Dan on this forum got involved did anything positive happen.

I would not use them again and the customer service that I have received from Admiral and also Direct Line before has been spot on with my other 3 cars.

Direct line were also perfect when we made a claim after an accident.

Back to the top
Is it just me or is their basic administration really pants?
I've been on the phone to them 3 times in the last 4 days to correct information in my policy paperwork.
I'm sure if I didn't then they would use the errors to try and get out of paying in the event of a claim.

They also seem to tell you one thing on the phone and then the paperwork says something else including all the 'extras' they didn't tell you.
They wait until after they have taken your payment and then send you the paperwork with all the other caveats.

All of this on top of renewing the policy 4 days early (and taking the money from my bank using the card details I gave them last year) without my permission.

I'm calling them again tomorrow to try and clear all this up; if I can't then the policy will be cancelled (I'm sure there will be some ridiculous cancellation fee).

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top
I have just had my renewal through and tbh the price is decent and if I was being lazy then I would stay but like you say there admin is shocking.

Somebody crashed into me while I was driving my wife's car. Straight forward case and no injury and I was mon fault and the claim went through the other drivers insurance.

So I told AF this yet on my policy it has the accident as my fault and that it affected my no claims bonus !!

Back to the top

KevMk1Tdi said

Is it just me or is their basic administration really pants?
I've been on the phone to them 3 times in the last 4 days to correct information in my policy paperwork.
I'm sure if I didn't then they would use the errors to try and get out of paying in the event of a claim.

They also seem to tell you one thing on the phone and then the paperwork says something else including all the 'extras' they didn't tell you.
They wait until after they have taken your payment and then send you the paperwork with all the other caveats.

All of this on top of renewing the policy 4 days early (and taking the money from my bank using the card details I gave them last year) without my permission.

I'm calling them again tomorrow to try and clear all this up; if I can't then the policy will be cancelled (I'm sure there will be some ridiculous cancellation fee).

Hi,

Sorry to hear this. Please feel free to PM me your details and I can arrange for any issues to be looked into.

Kind regards,
Dan.

Massbad69 said

I have just had my renewal through and tbh the price is decent and if I was being lazy then I would stay but like you say there admin is shocking.

Somebody crashed into me while I was driving my wife's car. Straight forward case and no injury and I was mon fault and the claim went through the other drivers insurance.

So I told AF this yet on my policy it has the accident as my fault and that it affected my no claims bonus !!

Hi,

If you can PM me your details I can arrange for any errors to be corrected. Sorry to hear this.

Kind regards,
Dan

Back to the top
Hi Dan

As I have said before, when you step in it all goes to plan, so hats off to you.

I will message you if I'm staying but I think that I am heading elsewhere.

Your renewal price is reasonable but your still more expensive.

Cheers

Back to the top
Renewal cancelled with Adrian Flux and new Agreed value policy taken out with Admiral on my multi car policy.

I did comment on the great service that DAN_ADRIANFLUX has given to us though when required.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.