Skip navigation

Adrian Flux :-( are a disaster - Bye Bye Adrian Sucks :-)

Back to the top
Hi

After leaving Lancaster last year and going to AF, they were a total nightmare.

So stupid me this year renews my policy :-(

I wanted the value up for the Sportline so asked for £8k which IMO is how much I would need to pay to replace the car, it came back at £6500. So I challenged it and got an email back with the very same agreed value certificate with no discussion, human touch etc.

WORSE is I took out an agreed value policy on my new GX, price was ok and I've now emailed them 4 times asking about the agreed value, I've sent the forms and pics 3 times and again today I got another set if forms by email to fill our and asking for the pics.

In my 25 yrs of driving I genuinely haven't come across such a poor company as AF and I have 5 cars insured so I know what I'm talking about.

I have emailed them again with the forms and pics attached and also messaged Dan from AF on here but my advice is DO NOT USE ADRIAN FLUX !!

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
I thought you were going to shop around mate?
I'm with peter best and I've got to say they are great no argument about agreed value and really great customer service.

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
I never had the time as u was going on hols, I called Peter Best though and the girl said she couldn't insure me as I changed wheels throughout the year ??

So just thought that AF couldn't be as bad again, how wrong I was :-(

I can't believe I've still no agreed value after sending everything 3 times ???

Back to the top
Nightmare mate  :(
Your not really have much luck with your car & insurance in sure it will all come good though  :thumbs:

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
dont say that!!! im in the process of getting my agreed valuation with AF.
Put in for 4500 ill let you know how i get on

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
footman james for me,i go down sit in the orifice and talk man to man make sure the cover is what I need,agreed value no trouble at all,cheap too
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Bert said

I go down, sit in the orifice and talk man to man, cheap too
Bert

Bloomin 'eck Bert, this is a family forum!  :lol:

AF are absolutely rubbish IMO, is there any cooling of period Chris?

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Usual 14 days but I've lost that with going on hols.

Can't believe that I was so stupid again !!!

Back to the top

arf333 said

dont say that!!! im in the process of getting my agreed valuation with AF.
Put in for 4500 ill let you know how i get on

Hopefully u will be ok :-)

Back to the top
Guys, 
PLEASE give CAROLENASH a ring and talk through your requirements with them. 

They may not be the cheapest, that depends on personal circumstances, but Ive used them and found their service good. I didn't disclose that I was Chairman until the end of the call because I'd heard a few initial negative comments when they joined up with us. My call was handled well, the price was competitive so Ive gone with them this year. 
Agreed value via 6 photos and they will discuss the value if at odds with their assessment.

It's got to be worth a call. 

Back to the top
D

My issue was time this year but it won't be next year !!

Just the timing of getting the 2nd car and renewal and hols all at the same time was the issue.

I've paid the year now so I will sort next year a month before renewal.

Dan on here from AF will hopefully answer my message ?????????????????

Chris

Back to the top
i've had over 80 cars and tried all sorts of insurance / companies. AF was by far the worst hands down

i had a golf rallye apart from 101 other issues with AF they rang up and told me they were cancelling my policy because i'd given them the wrong D.O.B - my D.O.B is 18.10.81 and they said i'd said 18.01.81, obviously i was fuming and told them it has to be a typo and check the recorded call, after 20 mins rowing i hung up. never had an apology or another call but it didn't get cancelled.

after i sold the rallye (1.8 supercharged 4x4 ltd) i got an inbetween car - seat arosa 1.0 37hp and guess what insurance went up ALOT - they told me no matter what vehichle my policy would never go down!  :P

customer service was shocking, seriously worst company i ever had the misfortune of dealing with, every single thing was a battle. i ended up letting policy run it's course but had another policy with another company so i didn't have to talk to them ever again.

Back to the top
Chris

I feel quite bad as I was with Peter Best and Footmans on off from 2009 with my clipper and then the Sportline and only changed to A.F last year as there price was so good, hence the recommendation, sorry buddy.

I have not been too happy with them this year, I cant remember only opting into email correspondence rather than letters but basically it got round to my renewal, they have sent me and email 2 weeks before which I missed, so they just auto renewed and took money out my bank.

I called them and said I had not agreed so they gave me 24hours to shop around, I called all the usual suspects up to 7 or 8 other companies I think and no one beat there price so that was one good thing.

They have not requested new pics etc from me, but then I am sticking with my current value

I have another email address for a really good guy I spoke to at AF, I will find it and let you know

Hope they sort it all for you mate

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
x 2 on the price, they were the cheapest for me too, by about £50 - £60.

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
sounds like they supliment the low insurance cost by making you phone them alot ! :P

Back to the top
For the more experienced drivers you need not read this but in for a penny, in for a pound.

I don't and can't use any of the Companies mentioned in this post, I live in Austria.
But for you young or inexperienced drivers who might read this.

Insuring a car is like walking backwards through a MINE FIELD whilst wearing magnetic metal boots!
There's no golden rule or rules to follow.

Q. Is the cheapest the best?
A. No, wait till you claim.
Q.The insurance Company is a big name?
A.Wait till you claim, that's how they became big, they will fight till you give up.
Q. This broker has been around a long time he must be good?
A. Maybe!

I've been insuring my cars, homes etc… for 33 years and I've been lucky but only because I've never claimed, claimed from others but not at my expense.
And before anyone says to me "your lucky", my Golf can only be insured TPFT here and it costs me over 400 pound a year, no agreed value, no nothing.
If it gets pinched or totaled I get what? 200 or 300 Euros, the car with all it's extras stands me in at around 8000 Euros!

Words like fair+Honest+cheap= You loose  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Footman James were the cheapest quote for me for the Golf.

My other vehicle however is a grey import (1992 Mitsubishi Delica) which can be awkward to insure so that is insured with Adrian Flux as it was the best price I could get for it. Thus far I've had no problem with them but it's a pretty straightforward policy for that vehicle.  

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
Today's trials

Another email regarding the Sportline low value telling me to raise it I need an independent valuation AND to ignore their request for pics and forms to be completed.

My thought - not paying for valuation and they haven't asked for pics or forms on the Sportline, only on the GX policy ????????

As for the GX, after 4 emails and 3 lots of pics and forms sent - still nothing 😉

One positive, Dan on the forum from AF messaged me back and I'm presuming my email today about the Sportline came through him ???

Let's see what tomorrow brings :-)

Could I get an agreed value on the GX or is it another day of AF nonsense 😁

Back to the top
I've just counted 16 emails from them and no further forward. 😊

Back to the top
I'll be insuring 2 cars in June, I won't bother calling Adrian flux after reading this thread, cheers

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.