Trip to Ireland and a run around the ring of Kerry

Back to the top

Who would be interested ?

The Giro d'italia was class… 

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

Sorry guys, dumb question alert!

First time booking a ferry, do we add any extras such as club class etc…? : / 

Up to your self really mate - you get on/off first - get into the club lounge - free tea coffee scones newspapers.

Have to admit I've used it a few times.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
I hope the weather is better than this weekend!

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

Sorry guys, dumb question alert!

First time booking a ferry, do we add any extras such as club class etc…? : / 

I haven't bothered mate - we will all leave the port together though :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Thanking you : )

Have booked the Ferry at least, so I'm definitely in!!

Need to think about the hotels (or a good tent) Having some trouble at work but did not want to miss out on this journey.

Craig.

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
Ferry booked. Hotel to be booked at a more reasonable hour

Back to the top
I have booked, I was there 3 weeks ago so booked it then, hope the weather is as nice again, great to see so much interest in the trip, really looking forward to it.

Back to the top
That's great guys !!
Three UK cars booked on the ferry :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
And room booked ……..hopefully.  No email address asked for re confirmation…..what could go wrong………water pump, force 10 gale, clutch, ferry strike……aah go on

Back to the top
Morning All,

Despite my best efforts and attempts to try and make this work.

With difficulties at work and things looking so uncertain - I can no longer make this.

Sincere apologies for being a let down.

Hopefully I will have a little luck soon and maybe things will be different next year.

Hope you all have a great trip - look forward to seeing some photos of your journey!

Back to the top
Hi CraigSherriff ah that's a pity you can't make it to Ireland but totally understand if your work is looking uncertain. We will take plenty of pics for you - if you know of other mk1 owners who might be interested by all means mention our thread.  :thumbs:

Take care…

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Hi CraigSherriff ah that's a pity you can't make it to Ireland but totally understand if your work is looking uncertain. We will take plenty of pics for you - if you know of other mk1 owners who might be interested by all means mention our thread.  :thumbs:

Take care…

Thank you for your understanding : (
I can only think of one person, will put it to him.

Hope you all have a cracking time.

Back to the top
Any more interest in this?

I'll be at the agm in Uttoxeter if anyone is wanting to know more about our trip and cruise around the Ring of Kerry.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Clock is ticking now, 5 weeks and counting!!

Really looking forward to Ireland now  :thumbs:

Is there an actual confirmed day by day itinerary for the trip now?

Back to the top
Wow indeed clock is ticking alright….

A rough schedule is:

Friday You guys land around 7 into Rosslare, I plan on meeting you en route probably Waterford or just after toll bridge on ring road/bypass there. Head to Sneem arrive about 11. Quick pint of Guinness!  :thumbs:  

Saturday is Ring of Kerry day. Depart hotel at 10:30. Go via Kenmare, Killarney, Killorglin, Glenbeigh, Caherciveen, Waterville back to Sneem. Couple of stops with group pics planned. Group MK1 Dinner in hotel that night around 8pm.

Sunday is another leisurely cruise heading east along the copper coast taking in dungarvan, dunmore east, tramore ending up in Wexford. No departure time set. Probably smaller mk1 crew travelling.

Monday you guys will be heading home.  :(

I'm meeting Paul @CRANKY next weekend at our Fermoy Show he is our lead man ahead of the posse. Will smooth out few bits or if you have questions post them up.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Getting excited for this trip !!!

Got 300 miles on her now, I hope August is dry - lol
m11geg and Robbie Wells-Young this is the Itinerary and thread, would be great if you could make the trip :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Good website - worth a look for useful info on the ring of kerry: Ring Of Kerry - Holiday and Family Vacation in Kerry Ireland

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
ferry prices have shot up close to £300 now anyone know if hotel prices have changed ??

Back to the top

Robbie Wells-Young said

ferry prices have shot up close to £300 now anyone know if hotel prices have changed ??

Look on page 2 of this topic
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&type=misc&id=national_2%2Ftrip-to-ireland-and-a&start=20

That ferry price is not too bad considering how close it is.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

Robbie Wells-Young said

Hotel prices are fixed for the Sneem hotel. The other hotel close to Wexford might go up and down depending on availability.

Cheers Hugh.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.