Back to the top

Fathammer said

Cracking purchase - well done :thumbs:
Cheers it needs a wee tweak here and there but it looks the part  :wub:

Back to the top

Brad. said

Looks so original, got a soft spit for untouched golfs at the moment  :cool:

Me too  :thumbs:

I have been thinking about a GTI for ages but they are either proper money or needing too much and I love my Sportlines original paint and provenance etc and saw this and thought the same.

Back to the top
Sounds good mate, i cant see the pics (my device not your post) but from the sounds of it i think i know which one it is :)

Last edit: by arf333

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Looks great Chris! Nice and standard!! They way it should be  ;)  ;)

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

Sounds good mate, i can see the pics (my device not your post) but from the sounds of it i think i know which one it is :)

Cheers Scott

It will be the same car and a wee departure to my norm but I love the history and the thought of making it the best it can be  :)

Im getting to old and sentimental  :o

Back to the top
Great buy Chris and all that paperwork to go with it,fantastic.When was it on the bay and did you go and see it ,if not even bigger thumbs up.

Enjoy and looking forward to keeping tabs on this one as Im sure you'll have it even minter.

Graham

Back to the top
Nice one Chris looks lovely and glad to see you've come over to the tin top dark side  :lol:
Well nearly  :thumbs:

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

arf333 said

Sounds good mate, i can see the pics (my device not your post) but from the sounds of it i think i know which one it is :)

Cheers Scott

It will be the same car and a wee departure to my norm but I love the history and the thought of making it the best it can be  :)

I think you should stick a 1.8t in, clipper kit, weld up the back doors to make it 3 door, slam it, 18inch chrome spinners, colour change and have a single bucket seat for driver in either bright red or blue  :lol:

When you expecting it to be delivered?

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one Chris, I saw the details you'd given on page one and thought it might be this one. It looks a cracker! I think I saw it on Car and Classic?

Good purchase!  :cool:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

Gordonthegolfer said

Looks great Chris! Nice and standard!! They way it should be  ;)  ;)

It wont change much, just improved to keep its originality as thats what makes it for me  :thumbs:

Back to the top

geestur said

Great buy Chris and all that paperwork to go with it,fantastic.When was it on the bay and did you go and see it ,if not even bigger thumbs up.

Enjoy and looking forward to keeping tabs on this one as Im sure you'll have it even minter.

Graham

It was on from the weekend and I messaged the owner straight away.
Ive not seen it as its in London and he is paying for the transport costs to Scotland  :thumbs: so I wont see it until it arrives next week.

I am sure it will be as described as the owner is a Gent and just wanted a good home for his parents beloved car.

And its got it imo  :cool:

Back to the top

Swerve said

Nice one Chris looks lovely and glad to see you've come over to the tin top dark side  :lol:
Well nearly  :thumbs:

Cheers very muchy young man  :lol:

Back to the top

arf333 said

Massbad69 said

arf333 said

Cheers Scott

I think you should stick a 1.8t in, clipper kit, weld up the back doors to make it 3 door, slam it, 18inch chrome spinners, colour change and have a single bucket seat for driver in either bright red or blue  :lol:

When you expecting it to be delivered?

It should come mid week next week, Scott  :)

Clipper kits on order  :o

Back to the top
bet you cant wait to strip it and clean the ti.s out of it lol
good looking car,i had a GX 1.5 Lhasa green years ago
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Glad you got it mate  :)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Looks and sounds good with all that history... :thumbs:

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
Quality little mk1 that mate, just needs a 20V T in it :lol:

Back to the top
Great buy, looks the business  :thumbs:

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.