Skip navigation

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Back to the top

Mk1 tin top 1.8t conversion

danclarke said

.. and also fitted some bucket seats and harnesses as I do a lot of track days

What seat mounts did you use?

Did you find the seats sit any lower than the standard seats?

Thanks

Lhasa

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Lhasa2008 said

danclarke said

.. and also fitted some bucket seats and harnesses as I do a lot of track days

What seat mounts did you use?

Did you find the seats sit any lower than the standard seats?

Thanks

Lhasa

Had mounts and runners from cobra for the seats, couldn't tell you how low they sit compared to standard seats as Iv never had standard seats in it, they do sit low tho which is a nice driving position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

ITG intake and TTS engine cover fitted.

Back to the top
Looking really good; I love the idea of 'modernising' a classic car like this.

All the performance (and more), reliability, efficiency etc etc, in a 30 year old body shell.

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

KevMk1Tdi said

All the performance (and more), reliability, efficiency etc etc, in a 30 year old body shell.

Thanks mate I appreciate it it's not 1 for the purists

Back to the top

danclarke said

I appreciate it it's not 1 for the purists

OEM+ IMO  :thumbs:

What's not to like about that  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Absolutely love this car!

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Lovely thread, my mk1 is currently having this engine and 6 speed 02Q with LSD fitted by CrazyQuiffs - admire you doing it yourself as know how much effort it is! Looking forward to seeing yours in the flesh!

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Depends on what you want done - mine was specific, best you speak to Rich at CrazyQuiffs - for a range of prices and options. They aren't the cheapest but excellent work so budget for min £8k…

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top

danclarke said

KevMk1Tdi said

Thanks mate I appreciate it it's not 1 for the purists

This MK1 purist certainly likes it though!  Nothing wrong with modernising a Classic as long as it's tasteful, look at the success companies like Vicarage have had resurrecting icons like the E-Type. I am sure there are a few owners who would secretly wish their MK1s were more like modern cars to drive….

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Good job brother. 

Good engine and paint 👍🏽

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Few more up to date pics…

Back to the top
Your engine looks great in the bay, good job  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

iPhone pics from when I done a shoot for Performance VW magazine

Back to the top
Looks very nice, I did notice in your picture the scuttle rain tray is broken, Classic VW are now selling new one.

http://www.classic-vw.co.uk/scuttle-rain-tray-171819415f-genuine-mk1-golf-jetta-caddy-15085-p.asp

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
I love this car! I'm a friend of Ash's so was drooling over it the other week when it was in his garage,awesome work mate 👍

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Few updated pics, took the golf to spring festival at Santa pod raceway and was running 12s 1/4 mile times all day long (was a scorching hot day too) best time was 12.2 @117mph, running low boost at the moment, im sure once it's running full boost il crack the 11s

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Big Brake Upgrade, 4 pot brembo calipers (Porsche) with 280mm discs and pagid rs29 brake pads ready for some track action

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Few pics from a wet track day at donnington park

Back to the top
Saw this at gti spring festival. Absolutely lovely. Fair play on the dsg install. Can I ask do you have a working rev counter and if so where you picked the signal up from?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.