Skip navigation

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Back to the top

Mk1 tin top 1.8t conversion

Awesome seats and love 20V turbo.

Back to the top
Ok so not updated this for a while now, the 20vt was a successful build and produced 408bhp, had loads of fun in it doing track days and driving around in it in general…

Also made it to the Nurburgring for a few laps and back! 

But now it's undergoing another heart transplant, this time it will be getting a 2.0 TFSI with DSG gearbox taken from a 2008 mk5 golf Gti, it's almost finished with just a loom tidy up, brake bias pedal box to be fitted and plumbed up and few other loose ends, hope you all like it…

Also ditched the Porsche seats for some recaro fish net seats. 

All comments welcome.

Back to the top
Wow what a build, 408 bhp not enough then?
Is there more bhp from the 2.0 TFSi?
Credit to you on all the hard work on doing these 2 heart transplants.  :thumbs:  

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Are you going to be selling the 1.8t set up would be very interested if you are ?

Back to the top
408bhp! That must have been an animal. What gearbox/diff were you running and how did it get the power down?

Back to the top

Project boost VEC.

mark1gls said

Wow what a build, 408 bhp not enough then?
Is there more bhp from the 2.0 TFSi?
Credit to you on all the hard work on doing these 2 heart transplants.  :thumbs:  

408 was a lot of fun! Will be running a K04 on the TFSI so will be around 360bhp when finished, but will be faster with the DSG and torque from the 2.0 engine, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Project boost VEC.

JustAnotherMk1 said

Are you going to be selling the 1.8t set up would be very interested if you are ?

Sold the setup mate

Back to the top

Project boost VEC.

daniboy123 said

408bhp! That must have been an animal. What gearbox/diff were you running and how did it get the power down?

Was a handful! Was running a O2A gearbox with Quaife LSD, put the power down ok, sort of spins as it's pulling hard too.

Back to the top
So quite short ratios then? Must have been an absolute hoot. Did you ever get it down a quarter mile strip?

Back to the top
Very interesting, understand what you were explaining about spinning…….In my case, with my swap I am going to install ABS and ASR from a Mk4 so I feel safe. It can always be switched off if I want.
One question, which coil overs have you installed?.
Regards.

Back to the top

Project boost VEC.

Fair play, abs in my opinion interferes too much when driving hard, will be good for braking tho, I'm running H&R monotube coilovers

Back to the top

Project boost VEC.

Tidied up the wiring loom, getting close to completion now :)

Pedal box made by vagobonds for bias brakes using mk5 dsg pedal

Back to the top
Sounds like a great way to evolve it, less power but more useable.  Is there a lot asscociated with installing the DSG box?  Do you need different mounts, driveshafts etc? Also how much wiring and extra gubbins is there to go with it?  Im guessing it has some kind of dedicated ECU or maybe standalone ECUs can deal with a DSG box, i seem to recall something like that when reading through my DTA manual.

Last edit: by daniboy123

Back to the top

Project boost VEC.

Yes mate loads involved, everything is different compared to 1.8t, mounts, shafts ecu, wiring etc and nothing is available off the shelf so all fabricated myself, hard work compared to 1.8t but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end

Back to the top
very impressive! :cool:

loved it on the banded steels! :wub:

Back to the top
brilliant work mate car looks awesome on the steels. could you tell me what spec they where?

i am after some banded steels but not sure what width and et to get them made at? to get that deep/wide look you have.

1983 mk1 gti white bought as a daily now in pieces.. 

Back to the top

Project boost VEC.

Dash built back up, happy with the way it's turned out.

Back to the top
Awesome project. Hats off to you.

Back to the top
Great thread. Looking forward to more updates on this  :thumbs:

Back to the top

2.0 TFSI DSG MK1

Dropped the Golf off for a custom exhaust and also fitted some bucket seats and harnesses as I do a lot of track days, as much as I love the Recaro fish nets the bucket seats are more suitable for the use of the car.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.