Skip navigation

Audi Throttle body with mk2 WUR?

Back to the top
Jonny, 

Thanks very much. That's very useful once again pal. 

So…
I need to revert to a stock WUR… using my one with a refurb kit or source a cleaner one.

Or; get another 2.2 TB as my inlet has been burred to receive it anyway.

Frustrating that mechanic didn't pick this up!! They swapped WUR's just because the old one was a bit mucky. Some folk are too used to the ECU plug & play way of life they've lost touch dealing with the original stuff.

Hopefully getting this car to an older VAG mechanic later this week. Fingers crossed, and I'll have an update on this soon.

Si 

Back to the top
on the other side of it the WUR might be fine, but the fuel pressures are incorrect. to diagnose these old kjet cars you need a set of fuel pressure gauges its the only way to know

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Jonny,

Apologies for the late reply. Managed to get her running ok by taking the car down to Stealth 2-3 month back.

The car now runs the Audi WUR with the stock TB. I think there was an air leak with my Audi TB so the idle was very inconsistent and getting the car to settle was very difficult. It kept on wanting to stall.

With the GS1 cam and 1.6 (I think) AAV the cold start is still unsettled but much better than before.

As you mentioned too, fiddling with the fuel pressures was necessary too.

Si

Back to the top
good stuff :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.