Skip navigation

Jessie the tdi mk1 jetta (haldex conversion begining...) 12/09/17 update!

Back to the top
Evening all, didn't get much done this weekend, couldn't fit the dash cus im still waiting for y ducting, also still waiting for my lower intercooler hard pipe to be welded. I won a central locking kit on eBay last week for 10 quid so I got that fitted, run all the wiring loom along with the dash loom across the bulkhead, also decided to run new speaker wiring into both front doors while I was making looms! Will be adding some sort of alarm/ immobilizer only because the factory immobilizer has been deleted from the ecu so need some sort of protection. took all the seats out to make the job easier, so while I could see the carpet I gave it a good going over with the Hoover, looks much better now! Also grease all the window guides and mechs while the door cars were off, my back windows were very stiff, once greased they work nice and smooth. Also got a n led installed into the cluster to connect up to my glow plug relay, as I didn't have one, also got my clock to work while the cluster was in pieces across the bench!! Result!
Amber Led fitted to the lower left corner

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top
Intercooler pipework is finished! Yay! Will take it for a quick spin up the road tomorrow morning, Fitted my new steering rack ends and track rod ends tonight too, all I'm waiting for now is my ball joint extenders to bring the arms inline with the rack ends,and the last piece of my Heater ducting so then i can get the dashboard fitted! Almost there! Also ordered my new 5th gear set today too, should lower my rpm in 5th quite a lot so should cruise on the motorway quite nicely! 70mph at 2350 rpm!

Last edit: by jamiegolf

View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Well, the quick spin on Tuesday was interesting! Once I felt that rush or acceleration I knew I needed to get it finished! So Thursday the dash parts arrived, got that fitted along with new radio wiring for my sony dab radio, had done about 70 miles in it this week, last night I ended up changing the gearbox for a different ratio, had an EGR code from a mk4, ratios were really close and I was changing gears soo fast I couldn't keep up, I now have an ASD code, from a MK3 tdi, much better suited to my wheel/tyre combo, and drives totally different, with my new 5th gear get fitted,I will be doing 70mph at 2330rpm, so will cruise nicely on the motorway! Theoretical top speed is 149 mph!! Had to swap the gear linkage tower over as it is slightly different, (ASD is 02a and EGR is 02j the linkage varies between the two)  Got a few small issues with the engine tho, i am going to have to fit a front engine mount, on acceleration the engine climes up and the engine cover touches the bonnet and does rock around quite a bit, so going to. Fit the front stabiliser back on and try it. Also found some rear stub axle spacers I forgot I had in the bottom of my toolbox, will be getting them fitted next weekend, there only 10mm but it should make the rear wheels sit just right..
Other than that, it's running well, no trouble codes stored, brakes have bedded in nicely, nice to see it all with the dash in and finished, if the weather. Stays dry today I might get it washed and polished and  take a few new pics……

Last edit: by jamiegolf

Back to the top
We need pics dude. Sounds brilliant.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I think his garage has been washed away by the storms that's why theres no updates  :|
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
No I'm still here! Sorry been a bit busy the last couple of days, yeah Jessie i going well, I have my new front engine mount and gear set to fit this weekend, also had my new rear speakers arrive today, also had some tidy pics taken this week by my mate who is a photographer
shes done about 200 miles since it's been on the road, no issues really, slight coolant leak from a heater pipe, sorted that.
here a few pics

Back to the top
very nice my friend!

Back to the top
Beautiful, gotta love the colour! :wub:
If I can find a tidy one, a Jetta may well be next after my cabby is finished :)

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
My blue mk1 jetta will be up for sale soon, just awaiting the logbook to come back and it's ready, just had 12 months mot, if ur interested pm me ur email adress and I will get done pics over to you 

Back to the top
Well little update,
Jessie has been going very well, fitted a rear disk setup (polo gti 6n2) today along with new front pads ( ebc reds) bedding in nicely, car goes like stink! Were heading to Germany in 4 weeks to the ring, new suspention arriving mid week too,….. Will update when it arrives…..

Back to the top
very nice thread and a awesome build

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

jamiegolf said

Calipers been powder coated chrome, will contrast the wheels nicely

Wont the powdercoat melt with the heat of the brakes? the powdercoat i use is cured at ~200C and i would have thought brakes might get hotter? i hope im wrong because i woudnt mind doing my own brakes the same   :ninja:

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
No mine are fine, been done for a while now,

Back to the top
awesome I might do mine this way then  :)

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Nice job mate on the jetta

stephen tuite

Back to the top

Back to the top
Well it's been a while!!

Jessie has changed since quite a lot since 2014!!!
 She's now running almost 400bhp with some engine upgrades,
custom turbo setup with 3 inch exhaust system, 

Race +90% injectors
 Performance camshaft
 Bigger intercooler

All custom boost pipework

Wizard of NOS 100bhp kit 

Safe to say she's a real handful now!!!!

But I can not get past my barrier of under 14.1 seconds quarter mile!! So she's going on a diet this winter along with some traction upgrades!!
watch this space!
  IMG_1781.JPG
  IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2888.JPG IMG_2895.JPG IMG_3089.JPG IMG_3122.JPG IMG_3217.JPG IMG_3323.JPG IMG_3405.JPG IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_1796.JPG IMG_1795.JPG

Back to the top
Main addition is this…. along with a dutchbuild haldex controller
. IMG_1855.PNG

And some better stopping power up front
IMG_1856.PNG

Winter months are going to consist of stripping engine and gearbox out, mounting the car onto a rotisserie, and carrying out some major fabrication work on the rear chassis and boot floor sections!
Plenty of updates to come ……

Back to the top
Always loved your work on Facebook jamie, the tyre to gear ratio is a real thing lol with my 6 speed, it cruises at 2200 rpm at 70 mph, through my phone app on the dash for accuracy, I wonder is there a better 6th gear that can be fitted lol

Will be good to see how the 4 motion / syncro comes along, will the fuel tank need modified?

List of past and present cars ive owned

1997 corsa 1.2 poop

2003 Ibiza 130 tdi hybrided to 240bhp

1991 Mk 2 jetta calypso green 1.6td

2001 MG ZT 190+ v6 in trophy blue…. Sold to my brother

2003 Golf GTI TDI 150 black leather heated recaros ;) the

Back to the top
IMG_1867.JPG IMG_1868.JPG IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1870.JPG IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1872.JPG

So haldex axle has arrived home, Jig fitted, just need to double check it with a standard mk2 rear diff to make sure it's in the correct place, (anybody got one I can borrow for like ten mins??)  then I can start removing the original brackets to replace with the haldex bracket kit, new vice bought today, pillar drill was found in the skip in the local tip yesterday and paid all of 4 quid for it! Rewired the plug and it works a treat!  Trailing arm polybushes and a few other bits today too……  

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.