Skip navigation

my mk1 golf project g60

Back to the top
Yeah defo looking forward to putting it back together. Don't know where to start first though lol.  :lol:

Back to the top
Paint job looks incredible  :thumbs:

When does she come home?

Matt

Back to the top
She is home bud just started fitting the head lining. And awaiting sending charger off for rebuild and staging no space till first week in nov. Then the engine can go in. 

Back to the top
Well at least putting together is the fun part.  O_o  :lol: At least most of the time. Good luck.  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Yh so they say lol. Thanks bud. 

Back to the top
Finished the engine off so far ready to go in. Got the charger back from Jabbasport had a stage 4 port on charger smaller pulley and a chip 

Back to the top
While I was waiting for charger to come back I fitted new head lining. No photos of that tho forgot to take some as I was covered in glue. Got all the glass fitted and started fitting the front and crack it just went 
So I got a replacement from local glass place, green tint £60 he dropped it off and said i will fit it for £70 all in cash. So cost me £10 to get it fitted well worth it. A new pics of it where it is now. 

I popped to local scrappy as they had a mk2 in and I wanted the servo so got that and a bmw positive wire from boot to front both £30

Also grabbed me a little bargain 4 branch stainless £40 

Just got to get brake lines in then the engine will be goingin hopefully this week. 

Back to the top
Happy days Matt, you're making good progress there mate. She's looking great :wub:

Back to the top
Thanks bud. Don't get as much time as id like on her but she's getting done bit by bit. 

Back to the top
Looking good Matt :)

Now get that engine in   :thumbs:

Back to the top
Wish I could rich. Hoping to get it in before Xmas. 

Back to the top
Looks stunning mate, one colour I wouldn't get bored of!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Engine looks sweet! Also think it looks great on the tarantulas  :thumbs:

Good to see it all going back together   :$

Matt

Back to the top
Well got the brake lines finished and all bled up. Had one leak, not bad really for a first Go at a flaring tool.   

Then with a bit of help from the old man got the engine in. All before Xmas like I wanted. 

IM hoping on getting the looms mad up over Xmas, not got much hope though as I hate wiring.  :(

Back to the top
Well got the brake lines finished and all bled up. Had one leak, not bad really for a first Go at a flaring tool.  

Back to the top
That engine bay looks sweet  :thumbs:  :wub:

Agree with you about wiring, just plain scary  :o

Matt

Back to the top
Looking great Matt.

Rubjonny is a legend when it comes to wiring and I'm sure he will help if you're stuck.

I can try to help but all of the information is from him really :lol:

Back to the top
Thanks. Yeah I have spoke to rubjonny and have a few links of him to help me. I would definitely have him do it for me but he said he was booked till next year. Just shows how good he is I suppose. So will just double check everything really. But not started anything yet and it's already playing on my mind.  O_o

Back to the top
Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Back to the top
Thanks for the good comments lads.   Just started the wiring over Xmas. Forgot how much I hate wiring. G60 loom broke down.  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.