Skip navigation

my mk1 golf project g60

Back to the top
Looks stunning underneath, can't wait to see the top side finished!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Quick update, the body shop have had a job put back, so it's going to them in a weeks time. Also started  stripping the engine. 

Back to the top
This sure is coming along great. Love what your doing underneath. All new break lines and all. Great work.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
So stripped the engine off down to bare block. Everything seems fine apart from the Haynes manual being wrong on measurements . The good side got the head off to be pressure tested and the block to the cleaners and to be rehoned. On the bad side knocked a piston off the bench and broke. The skirt off it  :banghead:

Back to the top
id get the grill and lights on before you paint it mate, minne looked good but didnt try the grill and lights and moths down the line when i put it together it looked like the front panel was a little low

Back to the top
Will try that but sure previous owner said he tried grill on when he welded the panel in. Will double check.  Thanks  :thumbs:

Back to the top
so i got the engine fully stripped down and sent the head off to be pressure tested and the blocke to be honed and cleaned ready to be painted.

i grabbed some bbs on ebay for cheap that needed some work, so got them stripped and made a start  

then decided i would need a cover for when the car comes back from the body shop so grabbed some material  

Then friday i had a call off body shop saying they have a slot for my car,  so off she went  

Back to the top
Exciting times!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Good luck with the body shop mate. Let us know how she gets on there :)

Smudger

Back to the top
She only went Friday and already I want to pop in lol. It's only like 2 mins drive from my house and I pass it most days. Going to try and leave it for a week before I go and see how she's getting on. 

Back to the top
got the engne and head back and started to paint and build back  up, just awating all the gaskets & seals

Back to the top
Looking great. So your going for a all black motor?

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Yeah I think so bud all black with bits an bobs detailed same colour as the car or silver. 

Back to the top
Well that sounds interesting. Cant wait to see what it looks like when your done.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Been to see her at the body shop today, the lads  making a quality job on her and am looking at getting Her back the 13 oct. Forgot to get any pics was to busy looking over it.  

Back to the top
Nice, then the fun part starts.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
just a update really . fitted new piston ring, water pump and all new gaskets and seals. not far from done really   now few pics

then I had a phone call last Monday saying the body shop was finished with the car just polishing left to do so I finished work over as I couldn't wait to see it   few pics

pics was before its been polished . so he rang me Friday saying it was finished and I could arrange for collection sat, felt like a kid at xmas again.  

Back to the top
few more pics from the bodyshop

Back to the top
Looking good mate, bet you can't wait to get her put back together?! :)

Back to the top
Looking good and I can imagine the excitement.  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.