Skip navigation

my mk1 golf project g60

Back to the top
hi all, been here for a while looking around, finally got me a mk1 golf gti sunroof model, think i had a bargain, came up on ebay and a call to the guy 10 mins later i had brought it on his say so it was solid, sent a truck to get it and it arrived yesterday and is pretty solid thank god, just needs rear valance welding and drivers side inside rear arch on the corner usual spot ive been told. Came with green tint glass, new boot, wings, bonnet, started to remove all the spares from the car and there in the spare wheel well was the spare alloy and original jack, also came with centre console with guages. started stripping this afternoon after work this is where its at now.

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/uploads/pbextract/1347908/Picture002.jpg

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/uploads/pbextract/1347908/Picture001.jpg

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/uploads/pbextract/1347908/Picture003.jpg

Back to the top
Sounds good Matt, be sure to get some pics for us to look at :thumbs:

Andy. :cool:

Back to the top
Sorry, the links weren't there when I posted that :$

Car looks spot on mate, look forward to the updates :thumbs:

Back to the top
thanks. no had to go back and read the thread how to load them up  O_o   just got to decide on engine as thats the next bit i want while it goes of to bodyshop for respray when weldings done.

Back to the top
Plenty choices for engines mate and there always loads up for grabs, decisions, decisions :lol:

Next time you post pics, when your on Photobucket, left click the 'IMG' box instead of the 'Direct' box and it will post the pic instead of a link to the pic :thumbs:

Back to the top
thanks bud will do   :thumbs:

Back to the top
Looks solid enough! Love the camper too  :thumbs:

Any idea on colours? Keeping it original?

Matt

Back to the top
yeah its going to stay original as i do like the colour, decided on an abf code engine too,  

Back to the top

few more pics of what i got done today, doors off sunroof out, master cylinder and arms off and also started making a roll over jig so i can check all the underside.     will be keeping the colour original and decided on an ABF engine code, but maybe changed as i do fancy a g60 IMH   ;)

Back to the top
been working away but got a few hours spare today and got the roll over jig finished and up on it, found a bit more of that horrible brown stuff but not to much really, nice excuse to get the plasma cutter i brought out  :lol:

Back to the top
Nice 1 Matt, looks good! :thumbs:

Back to the top
Good luck with the project matey.

Back to the top
well been working away again but picked this up and grabbed a few panels i needed while i was passing vw heritage, just awaiting back valance now.  

Back to the top
Nice little collection of parts there mate :)

Smudger

Back to the top
Yeah, cannot wait to get it to the painters, been working on it on and off, will get some more pics up shortly.

Back to the top
Very nice collection, will turn into something truly amazing  :thumbs:

Top work

Matt

Back to the top
not updated for a while but i have been working on her getting there now only the sill to fininsh welding in and its done ready for the bottom to be preped and painted.  

Back to the top
Looking good Matt :thumbs:

What are those bolts going through the rear valance?

Back to the top
Where someone has bolted a big piece of angle the length of the boot, god knows why, will be removing to see if I can work out why, only thought is for strength because its all straight.  O_o

Back to the top
so been on and off but ive now got the under side stripped and the arches of all the old underseal, expected a few rusty areas but nothing really, just got to be shutz then a coat of body colour.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.