Skip navigation

The 'UNOFFICIAL' Road Trip Wörthersee 2015.

Back to the top

'Unsupported', so who's up for it?

Totally up for this :thumbs: Was originally planning to take the Corrado but it's not going to be ready in time so I'm focusing on Klaus for the time being…

Couple of mates went last year and had a whale of a time - so much so they made a video! I found it very convincing :)

My rough plan was to get the ferry over and head to Wolfsburg and then south to Wörthersee, taking a different route back - maybe more westerly, via Stuttgart's Porsche museum and the Nürburgring? Going the week before seems like a good idea - bit more chilled out and hopefully not so manic that there's no time for sightseeing. You have to be a bit more relaxed driving the cabby anyway, it's not very quick :lol: My German's not too shabby so I was probably just going to wing the rest of it. Would quite like to fit in the Sommerrödelbahnen at Imst and Mieders at some point, mind!

Probably taking a friend with (she's not confirmed yet) but there were a bunch of Corrado folk interested so there may be a bit of a convoy. Or not, when they get bored of hanging around for me :lol:

Stone

"Klaus": 1987 Clipper Cabrio, LA7Y, 1.8 Weber (auto)
1995 Corrado VR6, LK4Z: RIP
2003 Golf R32, LB5R

Back to the top
There is now four of us going the week before…..and possibly a fifth

Another Rallye is coming along. My mate with the Scooby is hunting down a vw for the trip. Good lad. :thumbs:Cheers

stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top

Stone said

Totally up for this :thumbs: Was originally planning to take the Corrado but it's not going to be ready in time so I'm focusing on Klaus for the time being…

Couple of mates went last year and had a whale of a time - so much so they made a video! I found it very convincing :)

My rough plan was to get the ferry over and head to Wolfsburg and then south to Wörthersee, taking a different route back - maybe more westerly, via Stuttgart's Porsche museum and the Nürburgring? Going the week before seems like a good idea - bit more chilled out and hopefully not so manic that there's no time for sightseeing. You have to be a bit more relaxed driving the cabby anyway, it's not very quick :lol: My German's not too shabby so I was probably just going to wing the rest of it. Would quite like to fit in the Sommerrödelbahnen at Imst and Mieders at some point, mind!

Probably taking a friend with (she's not confirmed yet) but there were a bunch of Corrado folk interested so there may be a bit of a convoy. Or not, when they get bored of hanging around for me :lol:

Stone

Hi Stone, great to have you and any of your mates aboard!  :thumbs:

Just watched your video, just brilliant mate.  :lol:
Well hopefully this trip will be as memorable as your last one, minus the gearbox replacement!  :o
If you haven't read through the whole post, do consider booking somewhere to stay sooner rather than later if you want to stay close to the lake.
Be warned, the price to go up dramatically the later you leave it.

In a few weeks time I'll post up a new list of people that have shown more than a mild interest in going.
Just so can can get a good idea of how many we might have around the place during that week.

Then, what might be a good idea is for you all to send me a PT with your name and details, handy number, car and reg number etc…
That way we can share the list around, so that if your driving around and see another car parked or going in the opposite direction you can contact the driver!  :)

One final thing Stone, where did you Guys get those gold stickers made and how much did they set you back?
Because I really thought they looked good and might be a good idea for us to make a special one for this trip!  :thumbs:

Back to the top

stretch said

There is now four of us going the week before…..and possibly a fifth

Another Rallye is coming along. My mate with the Scooby is hunting down a vw for the trip. Good lad. :thumbs:Cheers

stretch

The way things are shaping up 'stretch' we are going to have a fair few in Town that week, more the merrier!  :thumbs:

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

Hi Stone, great to have you and any of your mates aboard!  :thumbs:Just watched your video, just brilliant mate.  :lol:Well hopefully this trip will be as memorable as your last one, minus the gearbox replacement!  :o
I didn't go last year, the video was my friends who went and convinced me I should go this year :)I was involved in the mad scramble to find and freight him a new gearbox, though..!

golfcabrio said

If you haven't read through the whole post, do consider booking somewhere to stay sooner rather than later if you want to stay close to the lake.
Be warned, the price to go up dramatically the later you leave it.
I'm booked into the Seehotel Vinzenz 16-19th May, leaving 20th.

golfcabrio said

One final thing Stone, where did you Guys get those gold stickers made and how much did they set you back?
Because I really thought they looked good and might be a good idea for us to make a special one for this trip!  :thumbs:
Again, I didn't make them, but they're just vinyl stickers. There are loads of people who make them up specially on eBay (random example) - you pick the colour and font and they print them out with a vinyl cutter. It's a bit like a plotter but with a knife instead of a pen so it cuts around the letter shapes - then you just peel off the backing (leaving them attached to the low-tack front paper) and smooth them down, then slowly peel off the front paper. I've used them on tons of stuff before, they're particularly good for laptops!

Mine will most likely be in Origami Mommy because it's 80s and I like it :) Just have to ping the font file to one of the sticker people. Let me know if anyone else wants one, they have to print the full width of the vinyl reel (usually 600mm or 900mm) even if only a little bit's used so you often get multiple copies of the same thing for the same price…
Don't forget if you want to stick them on the inside of the car (in a window) then you'll need to mirror the image so it comes out the right way around when viewed from the front.

Stone

2003 Golf R32, LB5R

Back to the top
Things have changed and I'm now going to Worthersee rather than Barbados :lol:  The Mrs is on school holidays O_o ………….. she's a teacher !! So i'm leaving on Fri the 23rd with a plan of stopping over in Cologone early Saturday morning, then getting up and driving the rest of the way and getting there for sometime Saturday evening.
  Used homeaway.co.uk and booked an apartment through them http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p2020422 L looking forward to it now !!! Just gotta give a few people a kick up the bum so I can get my car finished :lol:Bag.

Back to the top
Just received this email from booking.com so I thought I'd chuck in the post as a small reminder to those planning on joining in not to forget to book as early as possible!

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=339530&label=931_last-stayed_price_v2-1gMAtwMAsAMB7AMA&checkin=2014-01-08&checkout=2014-01-09&city=-1988283&coming_from_nl=1&highlighted_hotels=322852&selected_currency=EUR&emk=BAWAAB9UHY

Also I'll draw up a new list in a few weeks of those that look likely to attend and post it up.
Then I'll ask you all to PT me with your details as follows:

Club Name
Real Name
Email Address
Handy Number (if it will work abroad)
Arrival and Departure date
Where you plan to stay (if known at the time)
Number of people in your party
Reg Number, Model and Color of car

Then I will collate the information and share it via email closer to the time.
That way we can all see who's coming, going and when.
If you see a car parked somewhere around the lake you can check the Reg No. against the list and give the owner a bell if you fancy meeting up!

If you don't want to share any or all of that Info that's Ok, I just thought it might help that's all.  :thumbs:  

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Just in case anyone is confused by the above, 'handy number' is German for 'mobile phone number' ;)

Many of the youtube videos for previous years seem to include footage from the slightly-dodgy-looking camping area at Faaker See so maybe we should all convoy over in that direction at some point?  :thumbs:

2003 Golf R32, LB5R

Back to the top
hi guys. I won't be able to make is as I will just have come back from New Zealand and i'll be too poor :(

Back to the top
We are booked in the Hotel Park in Velden 18th to 22nd. Then home via 2 nights in Wolfsburg.

Back to the top

Stone said

Just in case anyone is confused by the above, 'handy number' is German for 'mobile phone number' ;)

Many of the youtube videos for previous years seem to include footage from the slightly-dodgy-looking camping area at Faaker See so maybe we should all convoy over in that direction at some point?  :thumbs:

If you use the words 'handy number' or 'mobile phone number' where I work they will look at you something like this O_o !
You have to use the words "cell phone" then they will get it!  :thumbs:

Back to the top

golf1980 said

hi guys. I won't be able to make is as I will just have come back from New Zealand and i'll be too poor :(

Shame that but no problem it happens and no doubt they will be others.  :thumbs:
Hope you have a great time in NZ, it's one place I've always wanted to go but I had to decide between going there or buying a MK1.
Uhm, guess which one won!  :lol:

Might see at the AGM.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

dazmjuk said

We are booked in the Hotel Park in Velden 18th to 22nd. Then home via 2 nights in Wolfsburg.

Great news!  :thumbs:
I'm there from the 19th till the 24th, so perhaps, just perhaps we can sit down on the beach and drink a mineral water together?  :lol:
The Wife is joining me, hence the water!  O_o   :'(

Well it could be worse I guess but I'm not sure how!  :lol:

Back to the top
Valentine's Day and also 100 days now before we hit the road and drive to Worthersee.

Looking forward to the trip with both anticipation and dread.

Dread in that fact that time is running down quickly and I thought I would be further on with the roadworthiness of my chariot by this point.

Work commitments have seriously curtailed the time I have been able to allocate to her over the winter.

I will need to persuade my better half that I need to take extra holidays to get the car tip top shape so we can go this holiday.

Who will I treat tonight car or love of my life mmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Back to the top

GGIFA said

Valentine's Day and also 100 days now before we hit the road and drive to Worthersee.

Looking forward to the trip with both anticipation and dread.

Dread in that fact that time is running down quickly and I thought I would be further on with the roadworthiness of my chariot by this point.

Work commitments have seriously curtailed the time I have been able to allocate to her over the winter.

I will need to persuade my better half that I need to take extra holidays to get the car tip top shape so we can go this holiday.

Who will I treat tonight car or love of my life mmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I was pondering the very same question this morning, my car or the love of my life?
Took me all of 3 seconds to come to a decision.
It's me!  :lol:

Shan't loss sleep over it either, going for a beer or two tonight so will sleep like a baby!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
i have hotel booked to go to this with 10 other mates but i'll be most likely driving my audi but will be with Rich in his mk1  :thumbs: ]

i'll look out for you guys

Back to the top

olethalb said

i have hotel booked to go to this with 10 other mates but i'll be most likely driving my audi but will be with Rich in his mk1  :thumbs: ]

i'll look out for you guys

Great news, so what's your dates please?  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Ok, I've been a little preoccupied since Christmas but it's now time to focus on Spring and this road trip.

By the way, if you were to come to Austria (Vienna) today, you would think it was Spring.
We had the worst Winter on record last year but this one has gone in the complete opposite direction. It's to warm!
Don't even need a jacket and the long range forecast is mild conditions and no snow from now until the end of March.  :thumbs:  
Yeah right, now I've tempted fate!  :P

Well rather than trawl through all the posts, can we at this point get a bit of a head count.
If your planning on attending, please reply to the post with the following information.

Your arrival and departure dates.
What you will be driving I.E Mk1, Audi or whatever.
The number of people in your party.

Once I have a list and of course will add to it all the time.
I will P.T you all with my personal email address and ask you to do the same for example.
   Your real name (if it's not top secret).
   Car details, which means model, colour and Reg No.
   The address of where you are staying.
   Your Mobile contact number.

You will then receive an email from me with mine and an 'Excel' spreadsheet which will show you the Info of all the others attending.  :thumbs:
The reason I'd like to do this is we are all arriving and departing at different times.
We staying in different place around or near the See (lake).

I think it would be good to have all those details shared between us all, that way should we see a car parked somewhere, we can maybe make contact with the driver and meet up if we want. (organise a mini road trip into the Mountain passes, chill by the lake or whatever)

It also helps if your in a bit of bother and need some help.
That way one or two phones calls will alert the others to your predicament and we can provide you with some help!  :thumbs:  

So it's less than 100 days, so let the planning begin.  :lol:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
28th May Arrive

1st June Depart

Number attending 2

1987 Mk1 Golf Gti Cabriolet

Back to the top
arrive 24th may

depart 1st june

5 in our group

98 mk1 cab g60

MK1 Golf Owners Club Official Instagram Account @vwmk1golfoc or Instagram

Send your images to ig@vwgolfmk1.org.uk and we will share them with the world!
There are too many online users to list.