Skip navigation

Like Zender?

Back to the top
cool, i did not realise they did so much stuff.

i am thinking about getting a roof spoiler. the 3 piece one. i think it would go well with the wheels.

i've never seen the wheels left of the turbos before.

-z

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
Zorg you swine I was going to buy those wheels! What are you putting them on?

Dan

Back to the top

shepp said

Zorg you swine I was going to buy those wheels! What are you putting them on?

Dan

a car!

boom boom!

you snooze you loose dan  ;)  ;)

going on my 1.3 driver.

just about done all the mechanical work needed, now just need to get the bodywork sorted. the wheels probably wont go on until next year!

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
Must be showing my age as I can remember fitting some of those parts from the brochure!!

Back to the top
Filched these a long time ago from (I think) a Subaru Forum, can't remember now. If I recall correctly the person posting stated the cars pictured were prepared by GTi Engineering for Zender to feature in their catalogues. Some do look very similar…

Back to the top
Quality pics.  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
Had a chat come up to me in a car show in eastbourne who idenitified my zender turbos from a mile off. Asked him how he knew about them and he worked for GTI engineering the complete span of the companys life. Had a short wheel base audi quattro in haynes museum which was his pride and joy. Raved about zender and GTI enginnering engines!

Back to the top
Very envious of him… How fortunate would that be to work at GTi Engineering, hand in glove with Zender.

Just noticed on the two-tone white/grey LDB 383Y car… Does it have an aerial on both front wings?

Back to the top
A few Quids worth sitting about there… Then and now.

Back to the top
Pics saying deleted or moved  :(

Back to the top

Back to the top
i just bought my first mk1 and there was a zender spoiler wrapped in bubble wrap in among all the spare parts :thumbs:

mIsChIeF mAnAgEd.... kind of

Back to the top

al roper said

i just bought my first mk1 and there was a zender spoiler wrapped in bubble wrap in among all the spare parts :thumbs:

Bonus!!!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Getting a bit fed up with Photobucket… Just found out all my image posts are showing as deleted despite them still being in my upload library. Even though nothing has been changed or edited, it's the umpteenth time in recent months this has happened.

Is anyone else suffering unexplained broken links?

Anyhow, I'll try and fix things soon… Cheers.

Back to the top
Hopefully fixed…

Here's a few more old images I picked up elsewhere over the years, possibly from a thread on ClubGTI.

Back to the top
RSI even has the double bladed windscreen wipers.....mine can hardly move my single wiper these days! Great car and somehow back to looking quite cool in my opinion!

Back to the top
Would like to see a few interior shots of the RSI car… Looks like they loaded it on the outside (save for the wheels). May be the inside's just as well kitted out? Not sure the P-Slots are a success.

zorg said

coming from germany, made the seller on ebay an offer and he accepted………….ding dong!
Your wheels arrive yet?

Back to the top
I have a set of zender turbo 1's with bolt on caps  one of my favourite one piece wheels . I was surprised how much they were new iirc in the gti engineering  catalogue they were £160  each .

As zender are still in business can you still get their body kits ?

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top

Bacardincoke said

Would like to see a few interior shots of the RSI car… Looks like they loaded it on the outside (save for the wheels). May be the inside's just as well kitted out? Not sure the P-Slots are a success.

zorg said

coming from germany, made the seller on ebay an offer and he accepted………….ding dong!
Your wheels arrive yet?

I was about to ask that!! Update please  :thumbs:

Back to the top

mark83 said

I have a set of zender turbo 1's with bolt on caps  one of my favourite one piece wheels . I was surprised how much they were new iirc in the gti engineering  catalogue they were £160  each .

As zender are still in business can you still get their body kits ?

Turbo's must definitely be one of the most iconic wheels of the 80's.

If you're looking a NOS MK1 body-kit, check this out… It's been up for sale for an eternity.

49000 Yen is about £310 (It's the same again for postage)

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/163775168

There are too many online users to list.