Skip navigation

Mk4 PD engine in to Mk1

Back to the top
Hi everyone,

I've owned my 83 Mk1 1.5GL for a year now and have finally decided to do a conversion.

Initally I was looking at either 1Y, AAZ or 1Z but ideally would like to put in a Mk4 PD (AJM) 115bhp

Has anyone on here done this and does anyone have any advise, tips, list of parts required etc?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,

83 1.5GL Cabby - Lagos Yellow - Resto & PD project

Back to the top
that will be a cool conversion. make a build thread if you go for it!!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
bert is doing a pd conversion at the minute

Banner

Back to the top
Same mounts as a 20v although you might need to change the cambelt tensioner from a hydro to mechanical one depending on model. Use 02a tdi box, vr6 clutch. Bit of pipework for the intercooler ect. Cabby lift pump in the tank. Wiring should be prety easy altough i got someone else to do mine ha.

Back to the top
A few people are doing the conversion. i started mine two years ago only recently have i started to get on with it.

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=your-mk1-golfs_2%2Fpd240-project-update

Back to the top
Thanks for all replies and advise, have found some good info on build threads!

Will start my own thread soon.

Cheers,

Back to the top
Keep us updated as im going to be doing this after the respray, both power and economy what can go wrong  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Good timing coming on here as im looking to go pd in my 82GL!
Been thinking of G60 then ABF, but ideally want my ASZ from my mk4 in there! having stock 130bhp would be awesome, then add remap, uparetd turbo, intercooler ect seeems waaaay to tempting  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I have my pd 115 for sale in the engine section. Also made a mk1 to fit this aswell so can help either way. Cheers azza

Back to the top
Nice!  Will PM you…

Back to the top
ok mate happy to supply/help

Back to the top
how far have you got on this so far? Been doing research and looks like its going to be pricey and a slight ball ache :thumbs: should be worth it though

Back to the top
I had got very far. Engine all on hidden loom with a very smooth bay. Then got offered a price I couldn't turn down. Now bought a swallowtail. So engine setup is forsale in the engine section. Anything you would like to know pm me. Cheers azza

Back to the top
Thats fair enough! Would love a swallow tail, which one did you get? Im a total novice so there will be plenty of questions haha you'll probably get bored of me asking stuff!:$Which mounts need to be re-welded? is it the same as the 20v?

cheers Iain

Back to the top
ian take a look on my buildthread and also on a guy called phil jetta
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=your-mk1-golfs_2%2Fpd240-project-another
i have an update later tonight

Back to the top
I have just started investigating having this done. I have found a firm that will do it all things going well this winter. I don't do having a car in some project that doesn't ever finish.

Back to the top
Dany I saw that link you put up before, looks good but more than what u want to do. Want to keep it stock with a remap and go down the mk4 coil overs. If possible.

dangerous_brain said

I have just started investigating having this done. I have found a firm that will do it all things going well this winter. I don't do having a car in some project that doesn't ever finish.
It's tempting but I've always wanted to do something with my own bare hands(and help obviously haha)

Back to the top
My conversion is forsale if anyone wants to make me an offer. 

Back to the top

azzatdi said

My conversion is forsale if anyone wants to make me an offer. 

I would if it was the asz!

Back to the top
No difference in the 115/130 except the injectors and turbo. 150's starve the cam/head of oil aswell. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.