Back to the top

mk1_Dips said

mk1newbie said

love this shot, looks like a David Blaine trick!!  :lol:

:lol:

Yeah does abit  :lol:

Back to the top

mk1_Dips said

im guessing yellow is your favourite colour mate??

:lol:  :lol:

Its actually red believe it or not  :lol:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Ah it was a Jordan Civic   :$ D'oh.

:lol: never mind mate  :)

Back to the top

mk1newbie said

smudger1980 said

Ah it was a Jordan Civic   :$ D'oh.

:lol: never mind mate  :)

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
Think it should be yellow.. It's becoming mine :thumbs:

Back to the top
Quick update. Got some more work done on the car. Handbrake, gear lever, axle, exhaust, fuel filler pipe and fuel tank removed. Managed to get 4 gallons of petrol out of the fuel tank which is bonus, especially when none of it was put in by me. The car is now on the roll over jig and I also started to removed some of the under seal from underneath. Below is how it currently looks.

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Brake servo, accelerator cable and clutch cable removed. All interior sound deadening now removed and nearly ready for sand blasting

You can see in the last picture above what I've been using to remove the under seal. So much quicker than a heat gun which I was previously using. 

Back to the top
Nice job buddy :)  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Quick update. The car is now fully stripped apart from the steering column and tailgate with all the underseal and seam sealer removed. The car should hopefully be getting sand blasted next saturday with the welding work been started the following week. Now for some pictures of how the car currently stands along with the areas which are going to need attention and some repair panels I have bought.

Last edit: by mk1newbie

Back to the top
Got a good mornings work done on the car today. Some small areas of underseal / seam sealer to remove then hopefully the welding will be started on Monday. Pictures arnt the best quality, these were taken with me phone and I'm not great with the camera at the best of times.

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Strong work fella  :thumbs:

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
Today's work

Welds will be smoothed off, zinc primed and seam sealed

All repair patches were sprayed with a high zinc weld through primer before welding in place.

Last edit: by mk1newbie

Back to the top
Looking good mate, brings back memories minus the shot blasting part. Keep it up man!! :cool:

Back to the top
Serious project there mate, keep plugging away its gonna be awesome! Not many Lemon Yellow ones around  :thumbs:

Back to the top
That's very brave. But how did you get all the sand out of the box sectionsin the end?

I'd love to blast the whole bodyshell on my Diesel, but I think there would be nothing left!

Robin

VW Golf 1500D 5-door 1978 - was daily (wet)
VW Golf 1800 cabriolet 1980 - daily (dry)
Bedford CF Trailblazer 1978 - camper
Bedford CF 350 Flatbed 1976 - fun/work
Mercedes W108 280s 1970 - dusty and forgotten
Mercedes S123 200T 1983 - to be renovated
Mercedes C124 1989 - Winter Beater
BMW E21 1976/82 - dusty but not forgotten
Twingo 2004 (not my fault, somebody gave it to me!)

Back to the top
Thanks everyone for the positive comments

Back to the top

RobinFromFrance said

That's very brave. But how did you get all the sand out of the box sectionsin the end?

I'd love to blast the whole bodyshell on my Diesel, but I think there would be nothing left!

Robin

Because I had already striped the shell and removed all the underseal and seam sealer I knew what to expect. The sand blasting didnt really unearth any nasty surprises which was good.

Because the cars on a spit I just kept turning it over and the the sand just pours out. For any that wasn't coming out I used a tube tube attached to a hover.

Back to the top
Top work and top effort wish I had your rollover jig

1.8 16valve mk1 series 2 black.  barp!

Seat inca 1.9 sd van
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.