Skip navigation

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2013 - 7-9TH JUNE - Come Join Us !

Back to the top

Fantastic weekend and show, good turnout of mk1's year on year, great entertainment on the Sat night.

:-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Rich.  Can my son come in his mk 5 golf and camp with us lot? Wld he be able to park his car by his tent out the way?  Do you need monies yet for this portaloo or has it been scrapped?  Also we are def camping Friday as long as not monsoon weather so can you let us know what time you can meet us there?  Also presume we book tickets direct with show if we want to pay £20? Not much to ask I know!! ;)

Back to the top
Hey

(1) yes fine for him to camp with us lot and come in his Mk5 golf

(2) yep wont be a problem him parking his car by tent

(3) Portaloo has been paid for, its only a few weeks away so money on the day for portaloo is fine if that ok?

(4) Camping Friday, Cool :-), well you can have access from site from mid day, I am  hopefully gona take a half day off work that day, so just let me know what time you want to get day there and I can arrange to pop down and see you

(5) Tickets, yep to benefit from the saving buy buying tickets in advance book here:

http://www.bristolvolksfest.co.uk/Tickets.html

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
TO ALL

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY BY BOOKING TICKETS IN ADVANCE, RATHER THAN PAYING ON THE DAY PLEASE SEE LINK:

http://www.bristolvolksfest.co.uk/Tickets.html

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Online bookings will finish at midday on Saturday 25th May.

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
hoping to bring two cabbys. one head stripped but ready to go back together then mot and one preped for spraying mot ready but not through yet. loads of work to do but working at it O_o

Back to the top
Hazel - will pm you me number

golfareus - good luck with getting both cars ready

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
ok guys

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST IS UNDER 2 WEEKS AWAY :-)

I am underway sorting out some things:

* Portaloo is sorted, if ok with you guys that offered to contribute please pay me on the day

* Gazebo's - Spark Stu is bringing his, and me and arff333 have one as well

* Tea and Coffee - Spark Stu is bringing his kettle and hob, I will get a big back of tea and coffee and some milk

* BBQ - Ans4r and Bert are bringing the MK1 BBQ :-), so feel free to bring some packs of food along with you and it can be cooked on there.

* Charcoal, I will buy some bags, but if anyone else wants to grab some bags of the charcoal you light in the bag, that will make sure we have enough to eat over the whole weekend

* Goodie bags - Scott and I have some goodie bags we made up for Berkley castle last year that was cancelled, so we are hoping we have enough to give everyone on the day, if not it will be first come first serve basis.

* STAND LAYOUT - I am aiming to pop to site on the Friday afternoon / early evening, meet with the Friday night campers and Scott and I decide what part of stand we are dedicating to camping and what part for layout of cars, we have great number this year which we are chuffer with, so we are aiming to lay the stand out in an interesting way to give is high impact for visitors looking around

**** MEETING POINT FOR SAT MORNING ****

I know this will mean an early start for some, similar to our 5.30 morning for Stanford :-), but it would be great to meet up with all locally on the Sat morning, then convoy down to the show ground and park up each car on the stand in one go.

For those not able to meet us on the sat morning then feel free to make your way to the show, tell the guys you are on the mk1 golf owners club stand and we will park you up on arrival

The meeting point for sat morning is:

8.30 am (aiming to make our way down to show at 9am)
Sat 8th June
Halfords car park cribs causeway Bristol

Cribbs Causeway Retail Park, Centaurus Rd, Patchway, Bristol BS34 5TS

Cheers, Rich

For anyone that needs to get hold of me, you can get me on 07817 eight five eight 062

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
we will be at halfords. need to get a van in as well for auto jumble. can get it brought down for me. any ideas what time that will be set up and will i have to pay entry for that as well? 

Back to the top
golfareus, if you want to be with the main traders and auto jumble area etc then you will need to speak to the main organisers to find out how much it is for the day to be a trader. If not once we have all the guys set up on the stand etc you are welcome to set up autojumble to one side of the club stand if there is room

Cheers, Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
ok i booked tickets on line and there was an option if we wanted a pitch. will sort on the day. its not essential, just looking forward to a good weekend

Back to the top
this was posted on the bristol volksfest facebook page earlier

"There are just over 10 days to go until Bristol Volksfest!!
 Don't forget it is free to autojumble. Just pay your entry fee and ask for autojumble…and you're in! It's that easy."

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Hi rich
I will put some towards the loo as well if that's ok
Cheers
Neil

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Neil, yep that's cool mate.

I had a good chat with Adrian that organises it yesterday and really looking forward to it now, he gona make sure we get a really good location for pitch and also decent size as he has seen the list ! :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
I'm gonna camp sat night too n I'll chip in for anything that needs chopping in for lol  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I'm gonna camp sat night too n I'll chip in for anything that needs chipping in for lol  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Stand list update:

(1) richyhill - (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(2) arf333 - (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(3) SparkStu - (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(4) Nik Naks - (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(5) Nathan (black tin top) -
(6) Fathammer - Sat day visitor
(7) Bobsm100 - (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(8) Bawbag - (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(9) Ginner - (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(10) Pipsical TBC (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(11) B18 Dub - Sunday day visitor
(12) gasco - sun day visitor
(13) kp73 - Sat day visitor
(14) Waterwox - (Sat & Sun, camping sat night)
(15) Blans - Sat day visitor
(16) atothej - Sun day visitor
(17) Thecobb
(18) borednow TBC
(19) ashlol (Sat & Sunday, camping sat night)
(20) Yomp (Sat & Sunday, camping sat night)
(21) Lowfly11 (Sat & Sunday, camping sat night, weather dependant)
(22) JessPalfrey
(23) adie666
(24) PearceStu - (Sat and Sun, camping sat night)
(25) Juss
(26) golfareus (Sat & Sun)
(27) Ghia - (Fri, Sat and Sun, camping fri & sat night)
(28) Swerve - (Sat and Sun, camping sat night)
(29) Matt - (Sat and Sun, camping sat night)
(30) Daz - (Sat and Sun, camping sat night)
(31) Ans4r & Ali - (Sat and Sun, camping sat night)
(32) Bert - (Sat and Sun, camping sat night)
(33) Growler73 - (Sat & Sun, camping Sat night)
(34) Dainish (Sat & Sun, camping Sat night)
(35) N11kgh
(36) Mixerman (Sat & Sun, camping Sat night)

Portaloo update:

1 richyhill
2 Ghia
3. Stu
4. Nikki
5. Arf33
6. Ginner
7. pearcestu
8. ansar
9. waterworx
10 . bert
11. swerve
12. dainish

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
(17) Thecobb
(18) borednow TBC
(22) JessPalfrey
(23) adie666
(25) Juss
(35) N11kgh
(37,38,39)Kev aka CASPER w/ 3 mates & 3 MK1's (Sat & Sun, camping Sat night)
(40)

Portaloo update:

1 richyhill
2 Ghia
3. Stu
4. Nikki
5. Arf33
6. Ginner
7. pearcestu
8. ansar
9. waterworx
10 . bert
11. swerve
12. dainish

Who's gonna top the list as number 40 then :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Woop Woop we got there

40 !

(17) Thecobb
(18) borednow TBC
(22) JessPalfrey
(23) adie666
(25) Juss
(35) N11kgh
(37,38,39)Kev aka CASPER w/ 3 mates & 3 MK1's (Sat & Sun, camping Sat night)
(40) Sam (blue rivage , deer damaged as per Volksfest 2012 :-) )
(41)
(42)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
ok guys, really looking forward to this now, and so happy with all the support we are recieving from around the club to make this show in the Southwest a massive turn out from the MK1OC :-)

With so many cars coming and so many camping, i need to ensure i feedback some info to the organisers, and also we have a plan for stand layout over the weekend.

Scott and i have come up with this, everyone happy with it? any suggestions for changes?

I am sure they will pop the portaloo bang in the middle and scupper the plans, but hey we can deal with that on the day. Ideally i will get the to put portaloo to one side of camping area.

1.8T CABBY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.