Skip navigation

Fitted old recaros

Back to the top
Finally got gear linkage sorted ( thanks Rubjonny) and then fitted these in.
Anyone got a good rear bench ?? 

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj502/pbenny0/B791EBAC-0D9E-4DFA-ADF2-C4249F182ADA-1829-00000227AAF67F1B_zps8e6eb3f9.jpg

Back to the top
Oooo love those seats! Are they old Vauxhall/Opel ones?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Yeah old Opel manta ones from the early 80's. plan was to retrim in black tartan from vw heritage, but starting to like the check that's on them. 

Back to the top

pbenny0 said

Finally got gear linkage sorted ( thanks Rubjonny) and then fitted these in.
Anyone got a good rear bench ?? 

:cool:

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Back to the top
Mate!  :o

They are stunning, they look really slim!

Back to the top
Thanks, I'm really happy the way they fit. You're right they're are quite slim, so they don't look cluttered. Guess mantas weren't the widest of cabins either. 

Back to the top
They look like they fit well! Good job.

Back to the top
how did you fit them, were the runners hard to sort
Andy

Back to the top
I picked up a set of subframes of eBay a couple of years back. Subframes were to allow fitment of TT seats into a Mk1. Realised that if the Recaro runners were bent 90 degrees at the ends then I could use the subframes to fit any Recaro seats onto them. I think all Recaro seats have a standard hole offset. 
Happy to measure and draw the subframes up if anyone is interested ? Means you could fit recaros ( or others) with no permanent change to car. 

Back to the top
i have corrado front seats for mines. from what i remember these were  a weird fit. am i  correct?

Back to the top
There's an extra set of bolts compared to the original seats but apart from those all the pick up points are the same. 
Subframe bolts in as per normal seats and then seat runners onto these. 

Back to the top

pbenny0 said

Yeah old Opel manta ones from the early 80's. plan was to retrim in black tartan from vw heritage, but starting to like the check that's on them. 

Had a feeling they were Mantas. They suit the GTI well, no need to re-trim IMO ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

pbenny0 said

I picked up a set of subframes of eBay a couple of years back. Subframes were to allow fitment of TT seats into a Mk1. Realised that if the Recaro runners were bent 90 degrees at the ends then I could use the subframes to fit any Recaro seats onto them. I think all Recaro seats have a standard hole offset. 
Happy to measure and draw the subframes up if anyone is interested ? Means you could fit recaros ( or others) with no permanent change to car. 

I've got a set of recaro 90 spec seats out of a ford rs turbo, they are so comfortable but going to get them retrimmed and then fit them but been scratching my head for a little while and had a few ideas, but if you could draw up the subframes then that would be awesome buddy.

Back to the top
Recaros from the RS Turbo are comfy mate aren't they. Had a set in my series 2 RS Turbo back in the 90's.  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
So corrado.seats? useless or not

Back to the top
pictures or diagrame of the subframe would be brill, lovely seats.
Andy

Back to the top
Look fantastic mate, very jealous.

Back to the top
very nice! look awsome :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
got mine out of a suzuki ignis because i wanted something with fishnet head rests, took this picture before fitting the 2 handles on the side of the seat but they are fitted now …

heres how i did mine

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…2Fhow-to-fit-suzuki-ignis

Matt-

Back to the top
will draw up subframes at weekend and post it up, for those who have asked.

Liking the fishnet headrests a lot Steven
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.