Skip navigation

Projekt Rot-Golf

Back to the top

Munn & Chapman Original Mars Red GTI

Hairyarse said

I guess something like that!  :lol:

Only asking as wasn't sure if you were looking to re-fit it or do away with it all together.

You could cut a big hole in your roof and fit a nice webasto roof conversion  ;)

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=modifications-and_2%2Fhow-i-got-rid-of-my

Nige did a great job at this and I sat in his Golf one year at the AGM when it was peeing down with rain and it was water tight.

Food for thought :)

yea andy the webasto would be a nice touch but we dont get any bloody sun!! lol just gonna leave it how it came out the factory.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Lol - we had some today - that's twice this year now  :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
summer has officially peaked!! lol :lol:

Back to the top
summer has officially peaked!! lol :lol:

Back to the top
Yip. Lovely weather for some of yhe Scottish contingents visit to volksfling at Biggar. So much so that parts of me are now the same colour as my car.
What happened to the tailgate? 
I take it you have sourced another one. I cant believe how bright the centres are on the interior, pity about the worn bolster, but shouldnt be too hard to put right. Car looks good cant wait to see it when you get it back from the paint shop.

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
tailgate has been swapped for a used part as the original was beyond repair…..interior is amazing for the age, have got another passenger seat to make the bolster good.

yea am getting excited now cant wait to start rebuild got a mountain of parts in bags lol

Back to the top
I know the feeling. Hope your memory is better than mine. As it was a nightmare trying to remember where everything was.  :$

Back to the top

Macca said

I know the feeling. Hope your memory is better than mine. As it was a nightmare trying to remember where everything was.  :$

haha yea took lots of pics especially the connectors, gonna be alot of head scratching and beers!!

i do need someone local to sort the side and tailgate decals though, if there are any volunteers??

Back to the top
Car is looking good mate, must be nice to get it to the body shop. I can't wait for that day to come!!

Good luck with it mate :cool:

Back to the top
Thanks mate. Im aiming for GTI international if not then it will be AGM 2013!!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Look forward to seeing it at the annual meeting then.

Back to the top

Macca said

Look forward to seeing it at the annual meeting then.

get the beers in Macca!!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
No problem mate.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
well guys its been slow progress as matey boy has been on holiday!!

anyway it has started………………yes to cost me MORE money!!!!! :ocf_emoticons__BangHead::ocf_emoticons__BangHead:

ordered rear arches and lower rear valance for repairs………..surprise surprise!! 

Back to the top
Welcome to the endless money pit mate. It will be worth it in the long run though.   :)

Back to the top

Macca said

Welcome to the endless money pit mate. It will be worth it in the long run though.   :)

really hope so Macca………feeling f###ed off at the min!! lol

Back to the top
You get days like that mate. Thats probably why I took 5 years to do mine. Just keeping looking towards the end result.  ;)

Back to the top
small update due to panels arriving late :-

repair panels

passenger rear arch ans sill straightened / repaired

front panel straightened out, was in pretty bad shape

work is going a bit slow due to bodyshop being busy with other small jobs!!  :P  :P

Back to the top
You'll have no regrets once it's finished Dips, I'm sure ;)

It looks like you have a pretty strong car to start with

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
ah cheers andy, need all the encouragement i can get!! yea the shell is very solid apart from drivers side rear arch/sill area, and drivers wing (usual spots)

i am in desperate need for a passenger door too.

cheers

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.