Skip navigation

This years insurance comparison - Golf Sportline Cabriolet

Back to the top
Just got an email from Adrian Flux saying that my immobiliser/alarm my car has isnt a thatcham 1. It is Cat 1 but I'm at work so can't confirm.

This was not pointed out to me and I am not paying money to get another 1 installed as they have now told me that I have to do if mine isn't on their Cat 1 list.

Also can they have a copy of my driving licence that they requested ?? If you had requested it I would have sent you it, but you never !!!!

So I am going home to check my immobiliser installation cert that came with the car and then I am going to tell A Flux to cancel my policy and advise everyone not to go with them as they are useless !!!!

Back to Lancaster as they were spot on for 3 years and I only left because of this thread.

HOW WRONG CAN I BE

Muppets  :ocf_emoticons__BangHead: :ocf_emoticons__BangHead: :ocf_emoti
cons__BangHead: :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top
Shame to hear about your bad experience. I went with Adrian flux just recently and thought they were helpful. 
And the quote was for a car fitted without an alarm!

1992 Sportline Cabriolet in Red

Back to the top
Just left work early as I was raging and rushed home to get my Thatcham Cat 1 category installation certificate out.
As back up goggled the alarm details and also got the alarm handbook out where it states Cat 1.

Phoned A Flux and the words, yes it is a Cat 1 system came through the phone ?

Oh that's great thanks s lot for emailing me to tell me to get a new Alarm fitted as its part of the policy.

Totally pi**ed off, not a good start and wish I had stayed with Lancaster who were £25 cheaper anyway.

:P  :P  :P  :P

Back to the top
Hoping thats just a blip for you mate.

I got like a initial letter listing what i needed to send back, i.e copies of paper and photocard drivers license, completed modification vechile form, and the agreed value for with photos.

Sounds like someone got mixed up thier end as we discussed.

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Yip Rich, some daftie inputting the wrong alarm code  :P

Back to the top
After reading this thread I decided to pull my to pull my finger out and sort mine as it will be on the road soon. I am 32 one accident in last 5 years non fault and I use another car and don't have any no claims. I used money supermarket and it suggested Lancaster at £143. They phoned me and I told them about the supercharged addition and a few other bits and the price went to £173. Whilst I was chuffed with this I pushed my luck and stated I did expect it to be lower. The bloke fiddled for a few seconds and the. Quoted £109 fully comp :-) sold

Can't beat a German car

Back to the top
After reading this thread I decided to pull my to pull my finger out and sort mine as it will be on the road soon. I am 32 one accident in last 5 years non fault and I use another car and don't have any no claims. I used money supermarket and it suggested Lancaster at £143. They phoned me and I told them about the supercharged addition and a few other bits and the price went to £173. Whilst I was chuffed with this I pushed my luck and stated I did expect it to be lower. The bloke fiddled for a few seconds and then quoted £109 fully comp :-) sold

Can't beat a German car

Back to the top
Don't think I've ever been asked for a copy of my drivers licence for daily driver or classic insurance???

Car insurance, they make it up as they go along, legally binding extortion.  

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
In was on my brother policy a few years ago for an Evo 10 and they wanted a copy of my licence for that. It's just a thing some companies have started to confirm licence status and points etc. 

Can't beat a German car

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Yip Rich, some daftie inputting the wrong alarm code  :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:
Hi,
Please feel free to give me a shout if you have any future problems.
Regards,
Dan.

Influx competition - There are twenty cars or bits of cars, all you have to do is get all twenty right and you can win ?250 for you and ?250 for charity!  Follow the link and have a go Guess the Car Competition | Influx Magazine

Back to the top

DAN_ADRIANFLUX said

Massbad69 said

Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Dan

I wish I hadn't left Lancaster tbh. I have had too many issues with A Flux. You were more expensive than them but went on recommendation but totally regretting it.

The alarm thing was really annoying and then I was told about not sending my license which I still haven't seen where your company asked for it and in nearly 30 yrs I've never had to supply my license before.

When my wife sent it, she only sent a copy of the front of my plastic card do them had to send a copy of the rear, our fault  :$

Then on Saturday, another email saying no agreed value yet , only market value, so I called to find out 1 photo was supposedly missing.

So even though I put the 7 pics in the envelope myself, luckily I got copies, got my copy of the missing pic out and sent it today. I also emailed another pic on Saturday as back up.

So now a few weeks down the road I'm still not on agreed value and wish I had stayed where I was for cheaper with no hassle through the 3 yrs that I was with Lancaster

:-(

Chris

Back to the top
Hi

I am happy to look into this for you if you would like to PM me your reference and contact number.

Thanks

Dan

Massbad69 said

DAN_ADRIANFLUX said

Massbad69 said

Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Dan

I wish I hadn't left Lancaster tbh. I have had too many issues with A Flux. You were more expensive than them but went on recommendation but totally regretting it.

The alarm thing was really annoying and then I was told about not sending my license which I still haven't seen where your company asked for it and in nearly 30 yrs I've never had to supply my license before.

When my wife sent it, she only sent a copy of the front of my plastic card do them had to send a copy of the rear, our fault  :$

Then on Saturday, another email saying no agreed value yet , only market value, so I called to find out 1 photo was supposedly missing.

So even though I put the 7 pics in the envelope myself, luckily I got copies, got my copy of the missing pic out and sent it today. I also emailed another pic on Saturday as back up.

So now a few weeks down the road I'm still not on agreed value and wish I had stayed where I was for cheaper with no hassle through the 3 yrs that I was with Lancaster

:-(

Chris

Influx competition - There are twenty cars or bits of cars, all you have to do is get all twenty right and you can win ?250 for you and ?250 for charity!  Follow the link and have a go Guess the Car Competition | Influx Magazine

Back to the top
Please do not use Adrian Flux as they are the worst company that I have been unfortunate to use in 25 years of driving !!

Back to the top
well i posted yesterday, but my post hasnt come up for some reason

i feel like a right tool now!, the only reason i put this thread up was to help people , as i was impressed by level of cover offered and premium.

After 2/3 years with peter best and no one else coming close on price i didnt think i would leave them, but this year everything Arian Flux had to offer was great.

BUT …

i have now had a letter asking for copies of my driving license again ! !  :P .

When i took the policy out i got a letter asking for various things to be completed and sent back such as, modification declaration form, valuation form, copies of driving license etc, there was no SAE envelope or it clearly stating where the documents had to be returned , so i called confirmed address and then paid for recorded delivery for all the above to be sent back. I even ticked off each thing they requested me to return as i put them in the envelope.

So they got my modification form, got my valuation form etc, but have not got my driving license details  :P

i spoke to a guy yesterday who apologised, and has offered me a £10 refund as a good will gesture, but now i need to find time at work to scan documents and this time i and sending them in by email

Dan - think you need to find the blackhole that paperwork is dissapearing into as not good.

As for Massbad problems above, i wish he had never seen this thread from me.

Rich.

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Rich

Its simple

AF are a customer disaster.

I wish I hadn't seen your thread either :-)

Just about to phone them again to find out what the hell is going on!!

Chris

Back to the top
Please see the other thread regarding this in Mk1 chat !!

Back to the top
Chris, i spoke to a guy on the phone yesterday who said obviously he couldnt give me any details but he had been on the phone to you and he thought it was all sorted out .

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
just wanted to add to this…
im with a flux, have found there prices in the middle range wise for me..
but have been sh.t scared to move policy to other company because of hassle i initially had setting up my policy…
just like some of the point's you have made, havent moved thinking i would have same issue's..
would point out that when renewing i havent had any problem's..
hope this gets sorted for you all..
adrian

Back to the top
Why its so messy when setting the policy up I don't know but as much as it will be a pain doing it next year, I will def be leaving as I have no confidence in A Flux whatsoever.

I will do the year that I have paid for and then shop around a month before the renewal.

Chris
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.