Skip navigation

Mk1 golf rear badge/logo chrome vinyl stickers query.

Back to the top
Hi all,

Been a while since I used this forum since I took my mk1 cabby off the road in 2010.

I am now in the process of getting a few small jobs done on it and getting it back on the road for the summer.  I remember someone on here selling chrome vinyl sticker kits for the rear badges so it smartened the lettering. logo etc. up (as the chrome on the badges has worn off), but I've searched and searched with no success…

Does anyone know who made/makes these kits and if they're still available?

TIA,

Nick

Back to the top

Back to the top
Blans, you legend.  :)  Thank you.  :)

Thanks for that, will drop Chortle a message shortly.  :)

Back to the top
Will be interested also. :-D

Back to the top
Ive done mine in it, cleaned, sanded, primered and painted satin black with the stickers on top and then laquer - still peeled off.  Just buy new ones mate

Back to the top
The kits from chortle are great.

However if you apply them as they are they will peel in time.

I trimmed mine down slightly using a craft knife so when fitted the edges dont get caught when washed ect

Back to the top
Nice idea Norm, good bit of advice there. Simple but effective.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Worked a treat on mine mate.

They been on there for over a year now I think.

Back to the top
any pics before and after?

Back to the top
Just went through my resto thread but couldnt see the before / after pics.

Closest I could find were these pics.

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&type=misc&id=your-mk1-golfs_2%2Fmy-rivage-restoration&start=700&redirected=1

Back to the top
Here you go, this is mine with a kit of chortle, like I said one of my letters has peeled unfortunatley 

Back to the top
I can deal with a touch of peeling, nothing a bit of glue can't solve.  :)  I can even trim them as Norm did.

Sent Chortle a private message but not had a reply yet, hoping he gets back to me soon.  :)

Back to the top
pics off full badge refub in my clipper thread below

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I used the sticker kit and they are great but in time they will dog-ear.

My small Karmann badges on the side though are still spot on after 2 years.

I bought new badges from eBay for the bootlid for £80 for my Sportline. Expensive but I think if u r keeping the car for long enough then they are well worth it.

Back to the top
You could always clear coat the whole lot once the 'stickers' are on. That'd seal the stickers to the badge and stop any peeling.

Maybe…..  :ninja:

E ;)

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
 I got mine from good old Chortle and am going to do mine soon but am now a bit worried re the peeling off again….
I thought the lacquer would seal them in and stop them peeling???
Anyone who has done these and can make comment would be most appreciated…

Back to the top
U must clear lacquer them with several coats but even then be very careful when cleaning around them.

They are great kits and lasted me 2 yrs.

If your keeping the car, I would buy new badges which is what I did later.

Back to the top
Hi Lee Dub
Where can you buy new ones?

Back to the top
Hi Lee Dub/Massbad
Where can you buy new ones?

Back to the top
There is a bloke on eBay NKautomotive they are nos he is based in Greece I've had a few off him fast delivery and spot on quality  :thumbs:

171761 views (107 Kb)
There are too many online users to list.