Skip navigation

How to spruce up your dash lights for 2 quid.

Back to the top
It really looks great! What color is the OEM? Green? Also, did you buy the air con front from the same guy? Mine doesn't light up, but it could be broken. I'm taking things one fix at a time lol…

'91 VW Clipper Cabby, 5 speed, 1.8 (Weber with manual choke). I have no idea what I'm doing, so please show mercy.

2857C4E6-41B8-46FE-84E5-8275A978BAFA.jpegw300 790E3798-CF8E-4797-8FF6-DDA39B680915.jpeg

Back to the top
Yea OEM is green, I just fancied blue.
There are two types of heater slider facias, one has a replaceable bulb and the other is all moulded in, which requires splitting to get to the bulb - they are not very easy to split either.
The moman kit has a slider replacement, no bulb needed as the whole slider lights up. To fit it you have to split the slider, I bought a spare one to practice on!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Can you make the heated rear window, and fog light and hazard switches illuminate up through the switch symbol the same as the headlight switch does. Mine do not light up apart from the little white bulb when you actually switch the switch on, if that makes sense.

Andy

Back to the top
Love this, brilliant!

Black 1984 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign.

Back to the top

andyphill said

Can you make the heated rear window, and fog light and hazard switches illuminate up through the switch symbol the same as the headlight switch does. Mine do not light up apart from the little white bulb when you actually switch the switch on, if that makes sense.

Andy

Why would you need the switches illuminated except when the head lights re on, i.e. it's dark?

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Later switches (series 2 dash I think) do have a bulb in them but early switches you can't light them as they are solid plastic with the symbols stuck on.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Thanks

Not every ones choice i know but I just like the idea of all the light switched being illuminated on the dash board.

Back to the top

andyphill said

Thanks

Not every ones choice i know but I just like the idea of all the light switched being illuminated on the dash board.
Might have misundertood, S2 (not sure about earlier) illuminate when the head lights on except when the bulbs have blown. They also have LED tell-tales to show when they are operating

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.