Back to the top
Looking Tidy mate, looking forward to seeing it finished :cool:

Back to the top
And done :)

Back to the top
Nice finish James  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Very nice mate :cool:

Back to the top
Brand new mate!! :cool:

Back to the top
Top grafting going on here. Nice work buddy  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Bit of a update on the Mk1 I've been real busy on it whipped the engine out strip her down and rebuilt with a 2.0 agg bottom end popped a Kent cam in the head with a Audi 2.2 throttle body just to help her breath a little better! while the engine was out i sprayed the engine bay! here's a few pics-

Sent from the Moon.

Back to the top
Nice work James..
Mars red always looks great.. :thumbs:

Back to the top
Looks awesome James. Top work buddy.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Great spec and looking good nice to see  :thumbs:  

Back to the top
Nice work James, it all looks mint  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Rite nearly got the Gti started but im not getting any fuel to the injectors?! I've got fuel going into the metering head and to the WUR and the 5th injector but no fuel to the 4 main injector lines??? It will fire up briefly if i spray easy start into the throttle body! Anyone got any ideas getting pi**edoff with it now :(

Back to the top
Sounds like the needles stuck in the metering head.
Try cranking it over whilst holding the air flow flap in the metering head wide open to see if that shifts it.

Back to the top
If i lift the flap on the metering head you can here the injectors and then it will run for a bit but that's the only way i can get it to start!

Back to the top
Can you be more specific when you say it runs for a bit if holding the flap open? How long does it run?

It could be so many things especially if youve had it to bits.

Back to the top
I open the flap for about 10 seconds then then put the rubber top back on start the car and it will run for about 30 seconds! It's like it starts on the fuel that has been pump in from holding the flap open then dies! 

Back to the top
So its getting fuel to the injectors and the delivery metering needling isn't stuck……..

Could be primary fuel pressure but there's enough pressure to open the injectors so I doubt its that.
It could be control pressure thats wrong causing the metering needle to be in an incorrect position relative to fuel / air ratio required. Possible WUR fault.
Could be a major air leak around the intake manifold so the air being dragged into the engine is not via the flap so the flap is staying shut.

You could try jamming the flap open slightly and try and start it with the rubber top off the metering head and control the A/F ratio via the throttle pedal to get some temp into it to see if it runs ok when warm or hear for an air leak.

Back to the top
Sorted it now :) Changed the metering head and it fired up 1st time.

Back to the top
Well done!
It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack if you don't have the proper tools for testing this set up.
They are usually dead reliable as there's not a lot to go wrong but I guess they are 30 years old now and rusty filler necks have taken their toll as well!

Back to the top
Afraid I can't help with your fuel problem, way over my head.  :lol:  but car is looking sweet, engine bays looks great  :thumbs:

Matt
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.