Skip navigation

Mk1 colours...?

Back to the top
Love the anthracite metallic, what is the paint code please?

Back to the top
Looks nice.  :cool: It's not Atlas grey then?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Chrisl I'm not sure what the code is as the boot sticker is missing…

its much darker than atlas grey hairyarse……

somebody suggested it it could be Schwartz metallic…….I'm not 100% sure what it is yet

Last edit: by Banshee101

Back to the top

Banshee101 said

Chrisl I'm not sure what the code is as the boot sticker is missing…

its much darker than atlas grey hairyarse……

somebody suggested it it could be Schwartz metallic…….I'm not 100% sure what it is yet

Someone will be along with the code soon I'm sure!!

I've not seen Atlas for a long time so wasn't sure how similar or not. It's a cracking colour yours, can't say I've seen one like it. I'm not sure if it was a Pirelli edition colour??

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I think the Pirelli edition had colour coded bumpers and arches? It was registered overseas before being brought to the UK….so the colour options may have been different elsewhere……Volkswagen can't tell me 😩

Back to the top
Yes Pirelli edition did have colour coded bumpers and arches - I think! Certainly arches were body colour, can't recall on the bumpers. Take a look in the brochure section, could be one in there.

Just thought it was the same colour as yours

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Here you go - https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=galleries&type=misc&id=pirelli_edition

Doesn't look like a Pirelli colour. They were Helios Blue, Lhasa Green, Mars Red and Alpine White.

Bumpers were painted as well as arch spats  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Banshee101 said

Anthracite? What do you guys think? I've never seen another…. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Turns out mines not anthracite, but Schwartz metallic (or metallic black) LP9V which was available in Europe only (not just on the 16s)

Last edit: by Banshee101

Back to the top
1978 Golf GTi Viper green L96N
Belgum registration

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Sapphire blue :)

Back to the top
I once owned a rhd copper metallic mk1 Gti

brought from a guy near brands hatch, A reg

it ended up in Bristol i think 

Back to the top
Hi 

Bit late to the party but looking through some old posts

I had a MK 1 GTi - Y plate 1.8 in Oak Green

Had steel roof, front headlight washers. Imported from
Germany when new - probably worked in army or just sole import. Had all service books in German 😄

Sadly probably scrapped now 😞 70FB6461-C7C7-4AF9-A3F8-48E28571FC07.jpeg 7E5043B3-502C-470B-BF09-B4AABAED3389.jpeg

MK1 Golf GTi Campaign:Alpine White, Vauxhall Omega MV6, Alpina B10 3.3 Touring, Dolomite Sprint, MG ZT V6, Volvo T5 R estate  6C2B5B6F-1CA5-44CA-A93C-6B7F5206CD7F.jpeg

Back to the top
Nice colour for a mk1 

Shows it was last taxed in 2000 and has no mot history online so guessing it must be gone :(

Back to the top
Hi One Seven One

Yes I've tried numerous ways to track it down 

No one in club knows its whereabouts and DVLA won't contact the previous owner on my behalf due to passage of time.

Sorry I sold it - my brother in law was annoyed at me for selling it at the time - but it went to buy a Helios blue Campaign  FB23BCB6-A048-4D8C-AA2C-EFD6AB936EDE.jpeg

MK1 Golf GTi Campaign:Alpine White, Vauxhall Omega MV6, Alpina B10 3.3 Touring, Dolomite Sprint, MG ZT V6, Volvo T5 R estate  6C2B5B6F-1CA5-44CA-A93C-6B7F5206CD7F.jpeg

Back to the top
It had headlight washers???  Never heard of them on a mk1.. mind blown!!  Were they just on the German version?

Back to the top
Hi

Yes it had headlamp washers, rear seat belt clips.

Think they were options for Germany as was the colour obviously.

A true one off - must have been individually imported as all paperwork I had was in German 😄

I've bought a front bumper with headlamp washers and some other trim bits I knew it had, some time ago.  I'm looking for a steel sunroof shell/restoration 1.8 gti project on a Y plate to recreate the car as it's clearly been scrapped some time ago. I'll have it painted in Oak Green and make it an exact copy as I can. 

I'm trying to buy the reg number KRO203Y off dvla but enquires ongoing - they may release it sometime - dunno though as not an expert on that stuff.

Back to the top
You e got the bug bad mate but I can understand as I wish I never got rid of my white mk1 golf driver.  I got rid of it for a mk2 driver (younger, less miles and diesel) and regretted it a week later and forever more.

Wish you luck piecing this all together.

Back to the top
Yes I'm afraid I have - it would nicely complete my "garage"

Wife might not be too happy but hey ho. It's what I want to do - won't be original but it'll take me back to the late 80's 😄

Having said that - best laid plans of mice & men ……

Back to the top
How can I find what the original colour was? Apparently mines had to 2 colour changes and 22 keepers but would like to find out original colour.  TIA

Back to the top
If there's a sticker on the inside rear panel in the boot that will have paint code on, but if car has been repainted already that may have been removed or painted over

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.