Skip navigation

Mk1 style crimes - list 'em here...

Back to the top

DubPartz said

Spotted at Inters a few years back…

Hideous!!

I'm writing to the PM about a new law. Offences against the MK1 Act 2013.  :lol:

Back to the top

benandemu said

Early GTI steering wheels on late cars. NO!

uuum, i like it……..  :ocf_emoticons__icon_redface:  :lol:

^^^^^^
mine!! :$  cough cough   :ninja: (hides face in shame….)

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top

benandemu said

Early GTI steering wheels on late cars. NO!

I like them. Look good in both IMO. Only saying that as I have one to fit to my S2  :ninja:  :$

Back to the top
^^ yeah not the worst crime to comit. 

Not nesesarally a mk1 spacific crime but a pet peeve.. DLR/DRL/day light running lights, those hideous strips of cheap led's that universally don't fit any car..

Back to the top

:|

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top

abfmk1 said

mk1s are made to be modded

I disagree, stock rocks.

Although I can understand moderately lowered cars on sweet BBS rims.

Most cars look better slightly lowered on aftermarket rims (providing rim choice is excellent!), just my opinion.

I'm old, grey, fat & grumpy so what would I know!!  :thumbs:

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!

Back to the top
My Pet hates are…

Zender rear spoilers :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:BBS bodykits :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Clipper bodykits (Looks ok on a clipper, but should never be on a tintop) :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Bodykits in general :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Aftermarket Grilles :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Eyebrow spoilers :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Removed Swage Line :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Big Bumpers :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:The Rat Look :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:13" wheels with stretched tyres and lowered to the ground.  :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:   How do you get over speed bumps?… O_oExhausts that look like drain pipes. :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Stickers in general. :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Number plates with crazy fonts. :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:My ideal look is a standard GTI Body with it's stripes down the side and rain deflectors.  Standard GTI interior.  Lowered a little on some 15" BBS Wheels.  Engine can be standard or swapped for a 16V/G60/1.8T/2.0T/VR6/R32 etc.

I've got to say that some of the cars that aren't the way I like look awesome on this site.  Above is just my opinion…

What do I know about style?  I'm fat balding, ginger and buy most of my clothes in Asda…

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top

X said

That looks awesome to me.

Things I hate:

Stretched tyres
Anything "scene"
Wheels bigger than 15"
Floppy tops

Driver driver.

Back to the top

TwoFourDonkey said

X said

That looks awesome to me.

Things I hate:

Stretched tyres
Anything "scene"
Wheels bigger than 15"
Floppy tops

I'll second that,I'd love a go in that  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Wouldn't the whole vw scene be boring if most cars looked the same. Euro look, slammed on bags or coilies running bbs wheels. Hang on a minute…………….

Back to the top

vwbug said

Wouldn't the whole vw scene be boring if most cars looked the same. Euro look, slammed on bags or coilies running bbs wheels. Hang on a minute…………….

:thumbs:

Back to the top

vwbug said

:lol :lol: 

"The scene" shouldn't refer to enthusiasts just the couple of dozen people that frequent edition38 and PVW with their massive cheque books and Rotiform sponsorships.. :P  

Back to the top
This thread wasn't supposed to be a discussion on whether styling in its entirety is right, it was intended as more of a p1ss take on the styling that's so wrong. The clue is in the title, for anyone that's confused!

So let's stop bickering about purists v's custom, as theres clearly going to be a divide between us all on what level we'd go to. Simply list the style crimes, and back them up with photos to help others appreciate why it's a crime. 

Now then, I hate bee sting aerials!

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

benandemu said

This thread wasn't supposed to be a discussion on whether styling in its entirety is right, it was intended as more of a p1ss take on the styling that's so wrong. The clue is in the title, for anyone that's confused!

So let's stop bickering about purists v's custom, as theres clearly going to be a divide between us all on what level we'd go to. Simply list the style crimes, and back them up with photos to help others appreciate why it's a crime. 

Don't get me started on bee sting v standard ariels :)

Back to the top

vwbug said

benandemu said

Don't get me started on bee sting v standard ariels :)

I forgot to add beestings to my list.  I quite like the aerial in the stock position, but upgraded to an electric mast.

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top

vwbug said

Sticker collectors, thats a mod I really dont like, stickers all over the thing, I just dont get it.

Dont even get me started on 'The Scene'  :P

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!

Back to the top
Pah, bee sting aerials are great - I did fit mine in 1993 though !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Bee sting aerials - I'd forgot that one! :o

Back to the top

sweetmk1dub said

modifications are personal taste, providing they are right in the eyes of the owner then its all good.

but things that would put me off buying a mk1 would be,   smoothed in swage lines (you have no idea how much i hate this)  and even though most of the trailer queens have this done i really hate mk1's that have the rain tray cut out too, wouldnt ever buy a mk1 with that done either.
Ha Ha thats mine you would'nt be buying then  :lol: :lol:,actually working it out I think the roof is the only part on my car that it left the factory with that has not been modified,replaced or thrown away as unneeded!!

Last edit: by collo16v

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
all mk1s are a thing of beauty...cant be doin with the ones that get trailered to shows and never driven...remember a mk1 is for driving and enjoying :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.