Skip navigation

Mk1 Caddy 1.8T

Back to the top

Mk1 Caddy 1.8T

Nice one mate. Cheers  :)

Back to the top
You don`t have to be polite . I know it looks like a dogs dinner but it is just my workhorse caddy that I have owned for 15 years .It is very entertaining to drive though !

Back to the top
:lol: It's not the cleanest and tidiest I have seen but tbh if you are driving it how it should be and not showing it then why not.

I was brought up to be polite.  :)

Back to the top
The loom arrived withde-immobilised ecu.

4 Wires and go hopefully.

All fused with OBD Port and Fuel Pump Relay.

I have 4 wires for my Lambda sensor connection on my loom. They are Black, Brown, Black/Brown & Red/Purple

I need to connect this to a Lambda sensor plug from a Seat Ibiza 1.8T with wire colours Blue/Yellow, Black/Brown, Red/Grey & White/Grey. Any ideas on which connect together anyone please? 

Back to the top
Looking good mate. Not sure about the lambda issue you have but I think rubjonny will be able to assist you mate.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I think I recognise your cab.. Think I was talking to you at bug jam the year before last. You were just about to do a run on the 1/4 mile.. 
Could this be right lol?

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

I think I recognise your cab.. Think I was talking to you at bug jam the year before last. You were just about to do a run on the 1/4 mile.. 
Could this be right lol?

Yeah, could well be mate  I did run it then. Gotta have a go… Got a bit foot heavy though lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHBxngMSPoQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mk1 Golf 1.8 GTI Lhasa Green (build)

1.8T K04 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet.

Mk1 Golf Clipper

Mk1 Caddy 1.8T (build)

T2 Transporter

Back to the top
Nice one mate yeah i was having a nosey at the clutch pedal and ur install, Brill to see ur doing another one 👍

Back to the top

VeeDubstaDean said

Dubbuds said

Could this be right lol?

Yeah, could well be mate  I did run it then. Gotta have a go… Got a bit foot heavy though lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHBxngMSPoQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yeah cool that's the one..

Back to the top
Surely painted any day now……any day…

Mk1 Golf Clipper

Mk1 Caddy 1.8T (build)

T2 Transporter

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Looking good mate!   ;)

1987 Caddy 1.6Turbo Diesel-GTD :D
Instagram:  Cavscp

Back to the top
Looking forward to seeing it painted now :thumbs:

Back to the top
looks good so far ! wish i had the funds to do mine into a 20vt !!

Back to the top
Looking good, the 20vT is an epic engine, although the hunt for pub figures is a pain :(can i just ask where you got your converted loom from please? looks easy and im planning a PD130 in to my caddy, having a plug and play loom would take a bucket load of work away :)

Back to the top

phil miller said

Looking good, the 20vT is an epic engine, although the hunt for pub figures is a pain :(can i just ask where you got your converted loom from please? looks easy and im planning a PD130 in to my caddy, having a plug and play loom would take a bucket load of work away :)

Hey Phil. If memory serves correctly it was from Hibbsy at http://www.vagtronics.co.uk/ Rubjohnny does them. But he can get very busy at times. He's definitely worth a shout. I took my loom out and then they De immobilise the ecu and do other bits and pieces. 

Mk1 Golf Clipper

Mk1 Caddy 1.8T (build)

T2 Transporter

Back to the top
:thumbs:

Back to the top
This is still ongoing. Unfortunately,  my paint guy had some dramas but it will be painted very soon. On a plus note, I just purchased a Y reg Tintop Mk1 that is going full original restored (dont 1.8T, dont 1.8T, dont 1.8T lol) and that will be painted first now as that's just how it has worked out. So new build thread coming and this will be completed well before the end of the summer…. Sorry for the wait….   :)   Good things come and all that…!

Mk1 Golf Clipper

Mk1 Caddy 1.8T (build)

T2 Transporter

Back to the top
As if it's in paint :D

20151128_152104.jpg

20151128_152122.jpg 20151128_152135.jpg 20151128_152159.jpg 20151128_152209.jpg 20151128_152947.jpg 20151128_152954.jpg 20151128_153016.jpg

Mk1 Golf Clipper

Mk1 Caddy 1.8T (build)

T2 Transporter

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.