Skip navigation

And the winner is Peter Best...oops Bishop Callway was..

Back to the top

And the winner is Peter Best...oops Bishop Callway was..

Just done the usual rounds of insurance checking.

So on a similar like for like basis.

3,000 ltd mileage.
parked on drive.
£150.00 excess.
Agreed Value. £3,500.
100,000 legal cover.
European driving cover.

Peter Best £147.00 (nil windscreen excess, 6 months, abroad cover).
Adrian Flux £160.00 (100.00 excess, £80.00 excess on windscreen, Eurocover was for a month)
Bishop Callway £220.00
SureTerm £331.00 and the killer was, would I like to take the policy out today lol..!!! (200.00 excess! After that no point in talking)

Good to see A Flux is being more competitive these days, but Peter Best again this year for me.
Just had a call from Bishop callway, down to £130.00.. give em a call on 01273 329307.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Bishop Callway just phoned me with revised offer….
Of £130.00.. so they were the cheapest.

But I have already paid Peter Best.

Not much in it but give Bishop Callway a try..
01273 329307. I spoke to Peter Taylor.. nice bloke too..

Back to the top
Just had renwal price from footy J…. £328.00 ????? WHAT!!!

Banner

Back to the top
Correcta mundo fella, get shopping.
I would of had the Bishops deal, but because in a hurry paid up for PB. Cos I need my affairs in order till next year.

Great deal.. off both of them.. The rest were just not competitive enough I am afraid.. A Flux as I say were a load better this time round. Not insured the cabby with them for a few years, as the premiums became ridiculous.

cheers

chortle

Back to the top
It just got my renewal from FJ at £328

That an increase of £170 from last year

Been shopping around but still undecided

Banner

Back to the top
I'd been with Footman James for years but they were getting greedy. In July shopped around and ended up with Adrian Flux, higher agreed values, more miles and saved £150+ (@40%) on FJ's quotes.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Seriously Guy's I would check, both P Best and Bishops Callway out. Peter Taylor from Bishops actually contacted the underwriter to get me a deal..

Back to the top
been with peter best last 3 years now, and no ones been able to touch thier price with me, but will defo give Bishops Callway a try when its that time again !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
did the ringing around yesterday

my mk1 diesel

FJ is £196
Sureterm is £140

going to be trying the other on monday :)

Banner

Back to the top
well just call Bishop Callway and they have qouted me £79 for insurance one the deisel

think i'll be taking that one out :)

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one JB.

They have been pretty competitive along with Peter Best.

Perhaps we should be getting these Guy's on board here.
Big savings for the Members?

Back to the top
Most insurances give discounts to anyone part of a owners club

Only issue is it doesn't have breakdown so it would be an extra cost on top, will have to look into it

Banner

Back to the top
Only issue is it doesn't have breakdown so it would be an extra cost on top, will have to look into it

google Autoaid for breakdown mate, used them for years, quality price, quality service

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

jellybelly said

You dont need it JB, we all got to Germany and back  :D  :D

Banner

Back to the top
good point daz :)

Banner

Back to the top
Any experience of multi-vehicle policies with Peter Best or Bishop Calway? Cheers

Banner

Back to the top
raj the man a bishop callway was very helpful chap, worth a call to see if they do, shouldn't see why not

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

Just join the RAC, then your covered for any car you drive as the Break down cover isn't car specific, it's for the Driver.

Back to the top
Just join the RAC, then your covered for any car you drive as the Break down cover isn't car specific, it's for the Driver.

same with Autoaid i suggested mate, its the driver not car, plus its half the price of RAC and AA :-)

1.8T CABBY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.