Skip navigation

Mars Red 1.6 GTi Converted Driver..........

Back to the top

Mars Red 1.6 GTi Converted Driver..........

Hi, just read your thread. Can I just ask what you found wrong with your brakes. Mine has been standing and brakes seem non existent,  plenty of pressure at pedal but not very effective. Was thinking servo fault but thought I'd ask what caused yours. Cheers Alan

Back to the top
Hi Alan,

I think my braking issues were a multitude of issues, leaking rear cylinders, failed brake bias controller and one failed from calliper. Also ran in new pipes to the rear after the bias controller. Replacing the bias controller was what finally made it feel safe.

Back to the top
okay cheers

Back to the top
Engine bay is now painted, just needs a quick flat and polish, and then will crack on with giving brake servo and all that gubbins a spruce up.

Forgot to mention the fact I changed the steering wheel last year to. Got fed up of the standard GTi wheel with its slick worn out plastic so nabbed a cheap retro Raid leather steering wheel off of eBay, just need to find a horn push for it.

Back to the top
Jees, just had a look at my profile after posting in General Chat, over 3 years since I took this off the road  :'(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.