Skip navigation

Topic #145037 (no title)

Back to the top

AGM - Uttoxeter as the venue

which ever way you look at it someones not going to happy with the set up as someones going to have to make a big drive to the show.

for me its more important that its closer to the organisers than members. better to have a quality show than a weekend packed full of cars but the organisation is half assed.

i think for people who have to travel a long way need to work out if its a show they want to attend. if it is then you can prepare.

dont come for 1 day come for the weekend as its so much better. out of all 3 days the sunday was the most boring for me as the friday and saturday was a great laugh. not saying sunday was boring as it was all amazing.

uttoxeter is a great venue. plenty of room good facilities which when your camping is a great help and has a tesco seconds away and a nice drive out for the rally. the organisers know the place so each year can be made better and better without as much effort than a new place.

Back to the top

dubboy said

Yes according to Google:
Inverness-Uttoxeter = 424 miles, 7h39mins
Penzance-Uttoxeter = 306 miles, 6h

So it is already south bias if anything

So all this talk of moving south when it should be moving north about 45 mins  :lol:

danj said

for me its more important that its closer to the organisers than members. better to have a quality show than a weekend packed full of cars but the organisation is half assed.

Let's hope the next events organiser doesn't live in Scotland then :lol:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

If it aint broken dont fix it  :dontknow: …..

Back at gaydon next year then? Lol

We need a map so we can pin our locations to see where there's the highest concentration of cars!

It's irrelivent to me where it is as I'll go still.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

Spudfingers said

If it aint broken dont fix it  :dontknow: …..

Back at gaydon next year then? Lol

We need a map so we can pin our locations to see where there's the highest concentration of cars!

It's irrelivent to me where it is as I'll go still.

i dont think this will work.

its a constant changing formula. as you know this year has 200 plus more members. so members are leaving and joining constantly so the location would change

Back to the top
members map on the left :)

i know a club at alternates the AGM between regions and a i also know that every year it is a nightmare

we have a good place with all the facilities we need on site and as a fair price

i dont think we could rely on the regional host of that area to organise a venue and all the other things as the committee might not be able to travel the distance

plus if it was southern the northers would want it northern.

it's only once a year

Banner

Back to the top

"jellybelly" said

members map on the left :)

But that only shows the members that want their location know to others.

jellybelly said

plus if it was southern the northers would want it northern.

Nobody said it had to be in the South as that wouldn't work either, I was just suggesting south of Birmingham.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
I agree if its not broke don't fix it, think the current location is great tesco plus other big shops to hand and the facilities in the venue are brilliant. I don't think you could ever get a place that suites everyone for traveling to no matter where it moved to so trying to get somewhere more central and better than we have is more or less impossible  but im sure the committee are always up for hearing other ideas

It dunt fit

Back to the top

j

We have to travel up from Hampshire, it's really not that much of a mission with planning. The venue we now have will cater for all our needs for years to come i would think. As for running at a loss, the AGM will benefit from the members attending who don't go every year, you see the same faces pretty much around at all our national events. If more people get to the AGM it will be even better and make more money. As for ED38 comments, i went once, never again. Some poor person came back to find their tent was, well gone actually!! And the organisers were not very sympathetic. So ED38, jam it..  :evil:

Back to the top
This moving the show is a pointless argument because if you shift it one way you'll upset one lot. If you shift it the other you'll upset the other lot! Maybe we could pinch Bernie's idea and hold it on the moon that's fair for everyone then! :roll:

As Dano says if you don't like driving then your in the wrong club, or car.

BigbadChris mentions putting up ticket prices - maybe that should go to a vote in the member only section.

We will always struggle for a decent amount of traders because we are a small show with one make of car.

Back to the top
What else can you do which takes up 3 days and only costs £30?

Ill tell you, nout!

Put prices up to £60 and lets have a vote so see what else can be put on with the extra cash

Any thoughts on moving the location each year to keep everyone happy???

1983 Mk1 Golf Gti 1.8 - Black
1999 Toyota Hi-Lux - White
2008 British Bulldog age 1 - Red & White
2009 Range Rover Sport - Black
2012 Mitsubishi Canter Tipper - Orange

Back to the top
£60 for a ticket would put off a lot of people, tho if it meant more things there such as regional challenges etc I'd happily pay. Or how about a free agm t shirt?

Location isn't an issue for 90% but you would get more southerners willing to come which in turn would boost the clubs funds.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Moving the location regulary would be a flippin nightmare to organise! I know I'm bias, but I can't see anything wrong with Uttoxeter. I thought that this years facilities were much better than last, having the cars in the winners enclosure was quality! And the food was top notch, like I said can't fault it, apart from the weather but even that didn't stop us having a right laugh. Don't change a winning formula!

Back to the top
maybe not £60 but a small increase would be ok :)

Banner

Back to the top
Why change because of what a couple of complainers off "other" forums say. There will always be moaners in this country so just ignore them and let them moan down their local pub instead.

The rally makes it for me as I love driving my MK1's and think its awesome to see others doing the same.

I'll come every year if it stays the same but if it changes…..

Back to the top
I dont think its a central location if im honest and is only picked as it favours the organisers ect.

Nothing wrong with that as it has to be within easy reach for them.

That said, the distance was the final nail in the coffin for me not turning up this year (there was other factors)

I wouldnt be suprised if the majority who turned up lived less than 2 hours away.

I will be there next year tho :-)

Back to the top

MK1G60R1 said

Sounds like if it changed location you would become a moaner ;-)

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

MK1G60R1 said

Sounds like if it changed location you would become a moaner ;-)

lol - I won't moan, I just wont come… :-)

Back to the top
Ha ha good answer :-)

Like said, it wont suit everybody no matter where its held.

Back to the top
The only reason i didn't go this year was the weather. Wish i had risked it now as sunday turned out good. Grrrrrrr :( . The location had nothing to do with it, i live right down on the south coast in bournemouth, it's not that far - 200 miles or so only a few hours cruising in the mk1, windows down . . . . .

As has been said, closer for us southerners than the scots!  

Venue wise, i haven't been, but without paddyfields to camp in it sounds ideal. Hard standing, grass, close shops, proper buildings for the evening, all good in my view. Roll on next year and hope it won't be threatening torrential rain and floods etc. . .

Oh, and if it wasn't british grand prix weekend would be good too. Lolololol   ha ha

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
ok had a bit of a look at work

the members map on the left

the group of members finish in newcastle (there are more above but not in large group)

the they finish at weymouth (not alot going on in cornwall apart from a few)

draw a line draw a line between and stafford isn't far from the centre

it has good connecting route from the north M6- A50

and front the south M5 or M1 - A50

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.