Skip navigation

poor quality and little effort , apparently

Back to the top

poor quality and little effort , apparently

Just been on edition38 forum and apparently the standard of the cars were disappointing  and little effort was put in :@

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Really? Not the agm i went to.

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top
Thats what I thought to, I was really impressed by the standard of the cars .

Back to the top
link the thread jim please

i fancy giving them some stick

Banner

Back to the top
i've put a little comment on there

were else can you leave you tent and car open all weekend and not be worried

if that was at ed38 i wouldn't have a car or a tent as it would have been stolen!

Banner

Back to the top
Not sure how to put the link up, but must say it's not the whole e38 forum,

Back to the top
Although I couldn't make it to the AGM, I've been to ed38 in the past and at £25 a head(£50) for me and the wife to get in walk round for an hour because that's how long it took to get round there amazing show (NOT) over priced and overhyped, and UNFORTUNATLY  it appears that if you have not spent at least £15k on your car then don't bother coming seems to be their attitude.

From the pictures I've seen on the forum everyone had a blast, I will try my best to be there in 2013 :-) And ed38 can enjoy the influx of overseas cars and £15k built by someone else cars overhyped and overpriced tickets….
Because I love my mk1 so there..

Rant over gazmo:-)

1988 mk1 golf gti cabby
1991 mk2 golf 1.6 driver

Back to the top

Back to the top
Just put my 2 pence worth on there. Tbh ED38 is a forum for fools and i very very rarely go on there, unless im after something. Id just ignore what they say, its run by egotistic muppets who live in barbie land.

Back to the top
concidering the weather i think we made the best out of it  8)
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I wouldn't care what the £20k+ egotistical ed38 members say…. they have cars which are unrealistic and probably don't see much of what a mk1 golf is for…. driving  :roll: .  Personally I love the mix of high value cars we have right down to my rusty shed… the people at the AGM are just brilliant and talk to each other.. it's more of a friendly festival atmosphere this club has…. let them carry on and we'll just keep getting better…. MK1 OC members and club for the win every time!!!

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

I wouldn't care what the £20k+ egotistical ed38 members say…. they have cars which are unrealistic and probably don't see much of what a mk1 golf is for…. driving  :roll: .  Personally I love the mix of high value cars we have right down to my rusty shed… the people at the AGM are just brilliant and talk to each other.. it's more of a friendly festival atmosphere this club has…. let them carry on and we'll just keep getting better…. MK1 OC members and club for the win every time!!!

couldnt agree more  :cheer:

Back to the top
I wash my car when I turn up at shows :-)

I do enter the show & shines so it is needed lol.

Edition 38 is full of jumped up people who pretty much own glorified 'max power' cars. Some are nice but not my taste.

Back to the top
Poor quality and little effort?

Sounds like some of the ED 38 lot aught to bring their mk1s next year to show us how it's done.

You don't have to restore a mk6 before you put it on air and rotiforms. (or whatever the wheel of the week is)

Back to the top
Ive been to Ed38 a couple of times, I wont be going again, Full of "sceneys" covered in their "fake rims can **** off t-shirts" and pink wheel whore stickers and DC Trainers and flat capped baseball hats and the performance vw "cool dudes".
JOG ON!!!!  :roll:   :banghead:

Not that Im generalising at all of course!

1983 1.5gl cabriolet in yellow, its the nuts!

Back to the top
Wouldnt listen to ed38 comments, what the most important thing is its put on by the club for the club as a non profit making event. No one financially gains from it, it's friendly nothing gets pinched, you could leave your car unlocked or roof down and nothing goes missing. The club understands that not all cars are prestine but it's more about taking part,

If you don't like that or the friendly atmosphere of the club then please stay at home, I think numbers are down due to the weather on the Friday.

We will be there next year rain or shine

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Well said.

1983 Mk1 Golf Gti 1.8 - Black
1999 Toyota Hi-Lux - White
2008 British Bulldog age 1 - Red & White
2009 Range Rover Sport - Black
2012 Mitsubishi Canter Tipper - Orange

Back to the top
Last month I drove 300 miles in my Mk1 just so I could take a photo next to Portland bill lighthouse  :D  and then drove 300 miles back home!  :mrgreen:
I would certainly drive 300 miles to see the collection of Mk1's I saw at Uttoxeter and the drive out was ace! E38 don't know what they are on about! You will not find a more honest bunch of car enthusiasts than at a Mk1 golf gathering wherever it is in the country!

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
Seriously - I think we should split this thread as it is way off topic.

It started as a thread on what people at edition 38 said and now it is whether or not we should have the AGM at Uttoxeter???  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Back to the top

CRANKY said

Hi,this was my first time attending the agm, I travelled from Cork in Ireland to Uttoexeter,I drove from Cork to Dublin, Caught a Ferry to Holyhead and drove from there to Uttoexeter in the pouring rain, I could not believe how friendly people were at the show, I was a little dissapointed by the lack of trade stands, but as already pointed out this is to be expected as we are only dealing with the mk1.
I think Uttoexeter is a brilliant location and the town has some great pubs and hotels, and shops.
I thought the run on Saturday was excellent, and was delighted to go to Donnington, we had no accomadation arranged for Saturday night, the guy sitting with us at the table  in the resturant in Donnington spent a good 15 mins looking up B+B for us on his phone and he never met us before,how great was that, just goes to show how friendly people are that attend the show.
I have attended shows in the south over the years, the cars are of a standard that they are almost trailered to the show in a cocoon, and no expense spared on what it takes to make them a show car, however this is not reality, the show at Uttoexeter was more about guys who enjoy driving their cars, which suits me as I love driving mine.
I enjoyed the atmosphere and had no worry about my car being damaged or interfered with when I left it with the roof down.
I hope to make it again next year funds permitting, wish I lived closer and on the same island.
all credit to the organisers, job well done!

Thank you VERY MUCH for your comments. Its nice to know that the efforts that the committee put in for 7-8 months before the event is well received. This year was unpresidented in that the rain that fell on Friday really did nearly wipe the weekend out. Notice is taken of good and bad points posted up.

Spudfingers said

Seriously - I think we should split this thread as it is way off topic.

It started as a thread on what people at edition 38 said and now it is whether or not we should have the AGM at Uttoxeter???  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Yes please Spud - do you know how to do it, if so crack on.

Ta
There are too many online users to list.