Skip navigation

Carlsberg Complaints Line??????

Back to the top

Carlsberg Complaints Line??????

sweet-dubs said

Debs on the sunday i just supply the pa equipment its my time to have a look around the great cars but i will make a bigger play list next time lol

How about offering everyone who stays over the weekend, the chance to provide a favourite track so that you can produce a playlist of the people for the people? In order to be able to pull it all together there would need to be a cut off date…. 8)

Back to the top

bigbadchris said

I think Crazy Quiffs should do the music next year.

i'm with you on that, the tunes coming from there camping area were spot on .. that boy knows how to party :D

Back to the top
Bad points - lugging stuff half way across Uttoxeter to put up tent etc (know it was becuz of weather) but def need to be able to drive cars to where you pitch your tent even if move them after.

Good points - everything else was fab including the weather to be fair.  Annas drive plan was great and loved all the stand seating by the show and shine.  Shade if too hot and shelter if peeing down. Agree that food van was very good value for money.  

Midlands lot - we weren't playing loud music this year but agreed that we were a bit rowdy til late. Its too late for me as well but if you cant beat them ………..

Live band - remember the one at Coombe Abbey and nobody was really interested in them.  Waste of money cuz you cant please everyone's tastes.

Back to the top
good points - Mainly the people, never been to a car show where ive met so many nice people. everyone says hi and chats which isnt how most car shows go so thanks to everyone for being awesume.

the drive was perfect. thanks anna.

bad points - i would definatly second somewhere near the campsite to wash your hands etc. i know you can get those big metal sinks that huck up to water.

also regarding lugging the stuff accross the course due to not being able to drive. Could you guys not have a word with the racecourse to see if you could borrow one of there little quad bike things and then maybe it would be an idea to just grab that to transfer the heavy equipment accross the field.

but again no bad points for me such a fantastic weekend. cant wait for the next one.

Back to the top
the camping and car thing will be better as it was only due to the weather

normal camping should resume next year :)

Banner

Back to the top
Can't see the course lending a quad bike the insurance implications would be an headache for both parties. But I understand the idea in principal.

Not sure if they have a covered way they could put down over the grass etc.

But really it was down to the rain prior to the AG waterlogging the area, then the torrential rain after.
As all ready stated nothing you can do about the weather.

I couldn't camp this year and missed out on the crack with the MK lot, No onion off Ade this year and mad dog chilli off funk either, will deffo get my gear back for next year. Going back home on the disco night at ten o'clock sober is no fun lol.
Especially with yomp dressed up like that and jelly in his scary perrami outfit…brilliant.

Cheers

Chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
mad dog chilli ? i better go see funk next time and give it a try ... :D

Back to the top
So is next years show going to be at Uttoxeter again?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Loved how all the cars this year were all together all weekend even on Sunday it worked out has after show and shine stuff all the other cars were all accessible to look at and not just scattered all over a field like last year.

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Carry stuff to the camping area? If you weren't prepared to do that then there wouldn't have been any camping at all. The previous years campers have had their cars next to their tents.
Weather conditions to blame, not the organisation.

Water for hand washing? Toilet block of water in a plastic container will suffice for two days. We won't be installing sinks in the camping area!!!

Music - fair point on the volume, it's not to everyone's taste. Good point on the playlist, I like that idea and so would sweet-dubs ( Chris ) who does the DJ'ing. There's nothing worse than a slow party but it's only as good as you guys getting inside to make it good. MK region definitely showed everyone else how to party this year!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
When I said more put on for everyboby I meant, personally id prefer it if there were more trade stands, bigger auto jumble etc…

I do understand these things only come with larger people numbers.

By no way am I having a go!  Only making suggestions because if we don't express our thoughts how will things change for the better.

I had a mint first AGM and thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Ill be back next year with my black bullet!

1983 Mk1 Golf Gti 1.8 - Black
1999 Toyota Hi-Lux - White
2008 British Bulldog age 1 - Red & White
2009 Range Rover Sport - Black
2012 Mitsubishi Canter Tipper - Orange

Back to the top
Also id have liked more things to buy, everyone like a souvenir!

Back to the top
chris that is a fair enough comment we just weren't sure what you were asking

this is the most traders i can remember at an AGM so things are on the up :)

Banner

Back to the top

bigbadchris said

Also id have liked more things to buy, everyone like a souvenir!

did you not visit the merchandise stand? loadsa stuff there to buy

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

chris that is a fair enough comment we just weren't sure what you were asking

this is the most traders i can remember at an AGM so things are on the up :)

Compared to other years we had bmper auto jumblers this year. I went round the stalls at Inters the week before bending some ears and they came. Very good of them too.

BBChris, all comments vey welcome mate. Each year we ask so we can guage peoples reactions.

Ta

Back to the top
Im sure it will grow and grow each year, Im just glad im part of it now & look forward to future AGM's

Back to the top

bigbadchris said

Im sure it will grow and grow each year, Im just glad im part of it now & look forward to future AGM's

Even with more onions Chris ……………..(i'm not letting go on this one mate lol)

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Please please no more onions!

Back to the top

bigbadchris said

Please please no more onions!

:lmao:   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
I have now been involved with the organisation of AGMs since 2009 and this year was the only one were the weather almost ruined it but the guys pulled together and out of almost disaster a true triumph was achieved.

I have no complaints at all everyone who attended seemed to have a real good time despite what the clouds tried to throw at us.

Dano's very hard work and doubtless sleepless nights getting things together truly paid off big time and the awards ceremony was the best i have attended with all the winning cars in the stand.

As for the cars not being able to park next to the tents I feel was a good thing even though I was in a caravan folks seemed to relax better and it seemed more of a festival atmosphere with many positive comments about the lack of cars batting around the camp site.

Had a weekend I will remember all my life and for that I thank you all, even the phantom pie flingers :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.