Skip navigation

MK1 GOLF DIESEL OWNERS THREAD

Back to the top

MK1 GOLF DIESEL OWNERS THREAD

junglist said

What is the difference between an AAZ and a 1z?
The basic jist of it is : AAZ is a no frills 1.9 TD with mechanical pump (about 75hp standard), 1z is an ECU powered 1.9 TDI (90hp standard) with electronic pump and a lot more complex to put into a Mk1 in terms of the electrics. There's also fly-by-wire throttle, hydraulic clutch, cable change gearbox to think about on the TDI. Both engines can be tuned for huge power. Both found in VWs of the Mk3 era / 1990s like Golf, Passat, Vento…
That's my basic understanding of it!

Back to the top

mk1gtc said

Diesel golf 1.6 1983 just saved from the scrappy! Mot test Monday, wish me luck!
God bless you Mk1gtc!  :notworthy: Let us know how you get on.

Back to the top

Diesel-dubber said

junglist said

What is the difference between an AAZ and a 1z?
The basic jist of it is : AAZ is a no frills 1.9 TD with mechanical pump (about 75hp standard), 1z is an ECU powered 1.9 TDI (90hp standard) with electronic pump and a lot more complex to put into a Mk1 in terms of the electrics. There's also fly-by-wire throttle, hydraulic clutch, cable change gearbox to think about on the TDI. Both engines can be tuned for huge power. Both found in VWs of the Mk3 era / 1990s like Golf, Passat, Vento…
That's my basic understanding of it!

Thanks for that! I know a lot of work has gone into it, this time next week she'll be mine, I can't wait!

Back to the top
Does anyone happen to know the weight of a 1z lump?

Back to the top
Who else are we missing from the list folks

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
ohty is now for sale on ebay, just type mk1 golf diesel into ebay search to find her. start price is set at £700 just what she has cost me in parts!

Back to the top
Does anyone happen to know the location of the engine number for a 1z? I can't find it!

Back to the top
My gtd rabbit!!

My old gtd golf

Back to the top
Nice mate

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
81 2.0L Cabriolet ill upload some pics after me and my father are done doing it up!

Back to the top

Angus23 said

81 2.0L Cabriolet ill upload some pics after me and my father are done doing it up!

Get some photos up, always good to see how they progress.

What engine is in it?

:P  :P

Back to the top
Im pretty sure it was originally a GTI but we replaced the engine with a 2.0L Passat Engine since the old engine was scrap when we bought the car im not 100% sure on that since im only 22 and we have had the car for about 12 years its been in the garage for 6 of those until i decided to start fixing it up. Ill take some pictures when im working on it next.

Any chance you can tell me some good places to buy new parts like window seals for a decent price.

Back to the top
My '83 Golf Van.

'88 Caddy Engine and 5 Speed Box

Back to the top
Looks good man not many vans around

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
my 1.9 td

off to germany in it tonite for a 10 day rd trip, all the faith in the world in the van and its goin round the ring while we are there

Back to the top
mine 1.6 td with intercooler ;-)

Back to the top

joelaurence said

mine 1.6 td with intercooler ;-)

Wish you had kept this car orignal Joel :dontknow:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Wish you had kept this car orignal Joel :dontknow:

Think you've got me/this car confused with someone else, my name is Joe not Joel and I bought it like this off a guy called Steve.

Back to the top
Ah Ok

Its a very rare sight to have a Series 1 1.5 Diesel Golf MK1

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Ah Ok

Its a very rare sight to have a Series 1 1.5 Diesel Golf MK1

Although I don't come on here very often I've still got mine, and it's got a Cornish registration now instead of the French plates it wore originally  8)  The brown gunk around the edges and under the bonnet is Anker Wax, not rust.

The roof rack isn't just for show either!

~ Craig

'77 Golf 1.5D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.