My mk1s...

Back to the top

My mk1s...

stunning work

always like pictures

Back to the top
Thanks guys :)

Smokey, I will be asking £100+postage for the filler necks :D

Passenger side beam mount done, just gotta tidy it all up and then throw some epoxy mastic at it :(

Waxoyl loves to rear its head at the worst times :banghead:

Back to the top
Wooow this is some serious work!! You have a lot of talent :P Same colour as my car  :lol: doing some work on my car soon. Looking forward to seeing this project finsihing  :D

Wanna Hug?

Back to the top
Cheers Huggy 8)

Back end finished now, no more welding needed there, so totally covered everything in Epoxy;

Unfortunately found some more rust at the back of the floor when I came to painting it, so just going through the motions again :roll:

Welder has packed up now though, perfectly timed :banghead: So there may be a fair delay before I can finish it.  Can't afford a new one :cry:

Back to the top
Great Job Mate!

Back to the top
Cheers Steeveedubbleyou :D

Bit of prep done, still no welder to finish the floor yet though :cry:

Back to the top
Good effort.  Nice to know theres someone else daft enough to have more than 1 project on at a time

Why did I start this

Back to the top

Birtymeek said

Good effort.  Nice to know theres someone else daft enough to have more than 1 project on at a time

:lol: Certainly is a bad idea!

Back to the top
Managed to battle on with the crappy welder :lol: It seems to work better after a few kicks :lol:  :redfaced:

Finished the back of the floor, epoxy'd and primed;

Cleaned up the fuel tank and an old rear beam ready to go back on, will give em a lick of paint before that.

Unfortunately found more rust at the front of the driver side sill, but once I've sorted that there won't be any more. The whole car has been gone over so there can't be anywhere else! :(

Back to the top
3M Bag seal applied.  Amazing stuff! 8)

Back to the top
Do my car up to mate  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Awesome work, man. That fabrication work is fascinating to me. Really nice stuff.

2009 VW Golf Mk1 Ltd

Back to the top
Thanks a lot guys :D

Done the wheelarches

Its a really amazing product this 3M stuff, and if you're a really anal purist type, you can replicate the original VW sealer pretty much to an identical standard :D

Back to the top
Change of plans :lol:

Gathered all the bits together, and going full Campaign spec instead! Helios blue with all the trimmings :D

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

Gathered all the bits together, and going full Campaign spec instead! Helios blue with all the trimmings :D

That's hilarious!

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

benandemu said

Phataz1 said

That's hilarious!

I know it won't be a genuine one but I don't care :D I love campaigns and its a shell that I know has had all the rust addressed :mrgreen: Engine will be changed for something proper in the future too 8)

Back to the top
Almost ready for paint…

Back to the top
Top work mate,long time no see..!!! where is your unit...? might pop over and catch up

Back to the top
Yes Andy! Yeah you should come down sometime, ain't seen you in ages! I'm in High Lane at the moment but moving units in the next couple of weeks over to Poynton.  My number ain't changed so drop us a text if you still have it. :D

Back to the top
Got the tailgate off this evening so I could attack the upper lip that the boot seal sits on.  Was pretty much non existant so made another little section and welded it in.

Gotta remove the windscreen and check there's no rust there, then I can say goodnight to the welder
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.