Skip navigation

1st MK1, 1986 GTi CC Edition.

Back to the top

1st MK1, 1986 GTi CC Edition.

Hi, I'm Taylslad, just got my 1st Golf and already i'm not too sure if I've done the right thing. It's the CC edition and needs a new hood. Can't seem to find a hood with cc on anywhere and so may need to restore using non-original parts. Any thoughts?

Back to the top
hi, welcome to the forum.. have you any pics?

cheers

chris

Back to the top
Welcome mate

If you can read this, thank a teacher,

If its in English, thank a soldier.

A soldier fights not because he hates whats in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him.

Back to the top
Hi, heres a couple of pics of my Mk1 project. Its the CC edition and I'm hoping to restore it as original as I can. Its my 1st restoration project and I'll be doing all the work, apart from final spray, on my drive. Its done 134k and is in pretty sound condition, plenty of surface rust to be going at though! I'm sure theres going to be a lot of laughs and tears along the way and hopefully this time next year I'll be driving it with the hood down.

Back to the top
looks like a good base for a project/restoration good luck with it and see you at the AGM in it next year :D :D

mAtt-

Back to the top
welcome to the club buddy. looks like a nice base .

I would just do the rest of the work on the car and then keep an eye on here and the net for when a CC logo's outer skin comes up for sale or someone else is breaking a whole CC

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
i'm looking forward to seeing this fixedd up, looks almost ready already!

Back to the top
I doubt you will find a good condition Christmas Cabriolet roof.
Most will be shot by now, due to the age.
You may be lucky though.
They certainly don't manufacture them now.

Good luck with the project.

Be good to see another one saved.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Yeah I'm going to leave the hood until last and give myself a good chance of a genuine replacement before I buy a Blue mohair one.

Back to the top
Okay,
I also note that your reg plate is a private one?
Because the plate doesn't coincide with the year of manufacture some 2-3 years later.

I am not sure whether you could get an embroidery company with a big enough machine to embroider the CC on a mohair top to give it a CC look?
Not sure on how that would affect its water proofness.
Just a thought.
Sometimes CC stuff comes up on E Bay every now and then.

Back to the top
Hi,

just found this thread, I own a CC myself and i can tell you its like finding rocking horse **** to get any CC embosed bits at all. I have the original roof on still but dont think its going to last much longer.

Back to the top

chortle said

I doubt you will find a good condition Christmas Cabriolet roof.

I thought the CC stood for Coco Chanel?

Back to the top
No such thing as a cocco channel model.

Christmas Cabriolet (85-86) mistakenly called the Cocco Channel, whom never had a connection with VW.
3 versions of this were:

"Lady Sunshine" - Alpine White exterior paint, white plastic trim and door panels, white hood, white seat trim, black carpet, Zandvoort 5.5"x13" alloys

"Mister Moon" - Sapphire Blue Metallic exterior paint, Blue plastic trim and Mauritius blue door panels, Atoll blue hood, Mauritius blue seat trim, Mauritius blue carpet, Avus (coded Helios Blue) 6"x14" alloys

"Lady Charme" - Alpine White exterior paint, white plastic trim and blue CC door panels, blue CC hood, blue CC headlining and sunvisors, blue CC seat trim, Mauritius blue carpet, Avus (coded Alpine White) 6"x14" alloys, Gamma radio

Back to the top
Blimey, never knew that! My mate had one back in about '92 and it was always referred to as a Coco Chanel model. Thanks for the education.

Back to the top
Bit nerdy really lol.
I collect all sorts of info.
A member on here had a Sapphire blue one, it was lovely, I would of had that in an instant, don't see many of them about. The white ones are a bit more common.
Thing is though the odds of getting a mint CC roof is highly undoubtful, they were all done around 85-86, so there all in the same boat.
Treating a vinyl hood with some good protectant is vital really to help stop the sun damage. 303 areospace protectant is one of the better ones.
I would use that on an old hood to see if it can be rejuvenated.

Back to the top
"Lady Charme" - Alpine White exterior paint, white plastic trim and blue CC door panels, blue CC hood, blue CC headlining and sunvisors, blue CC seat trim, Mauritius blue carpet, Avus (coded Alpine White) 6"x14" alloys, Gamma radio

I have this version but the headliner and sunvisors didn't come in blue they came in white.

Back to the top
hi, im in cornwall. i just got a cc as well. everything on mine is shot. the hood if full of holes that have been patched with chunks of rubber.

look forward to seeing your, im about to start my project for over the winter.

cheers aidan

The never ending project 1.8 gti cc model cabriolet MK I

Back to the top
Im there on Sunday with my CC. How is your interior?

Back to the top
Hi all. This is my first post and I'm a newbie to any owners clubs. I've had my Gti for a few years now but haven't really looked into what particular edition it was. It doesn't do a lot of miles and sits inside when not in use.
It's D reg CC edition and from reading the above it's a "Lady Charme" It's pretty original but in need of some tidying up. Body work is sound and I had it resprayed back to Alpine White as someone had painted it with glitter paint. I want to tidy it up and would really like to have someone look at it who knows what they are talking about for some advice. I am not a petrol head and my car based skills are basic to say the least. I'm based around Stockport. Does anybody know anybody in the region who really knows what they are looking at who can help me out? Or are there any shows coming up nearby I could head to to seek someone out? Long story behind me having this car but fair to say I love it and want to try and get it back to it's former glory. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers

Back to the top

Taylslad said

Yeah I'm going to leave the hood until last and give myself a good chance of a genuine replacement before I buy a Blue mohair one.

Is it a CC with a blue hood?.

I can understand from a practical point of view as blue is easier to keep clean.

The all white cars are very period.

Last edit: by g7jhp

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.