Skip navigation

Buxton! - Drive it Day Drive out! April 22nd 2012

Back to the top

Buxton! - Drive it Day Drive out! April 22nd 2012

Just got back; what a great day. Thanks for the organisation and the route planning. I live in the area but when we pulled up at the Navigation I had no real idea where we were! Saw a few more 'Drive-its' on the way home but nothing could compare to our convoy - it was the looks on people's faces that got me, especially the ones that stopped to let us through and the cars just kept on coming.
Great fun. Thanks again and hope you all got home safely.

Back to the top
a great day today, even tho i wasnt in the mk1, fantastic turn out, and very well organised, and the convoy was huge and good viewing from the back. well done to all for making it a good day

Back to the top
A big thankyou to the organisers, had a great day good to meet everybody, did anybody get any photo's

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Thanks to all who made it today, I was a great day, I took quite a few photo's (there loadin on flickr right now )

will put a post up in show/meets section later
Mischief, where did you get to? we pulled onto that main road, i looked back and you had gone

Back to the top
Just back here in Warrington good turn out even the weather turned for the better :D a big thankyou to Tony for all the effort he put in to get the day sorted :clap:

Also thanks to Liam for the route through Winnats pass what a stunning area can't wait to go back and explore this area when its sunny.

The Navigation Inn was a good meeting point with a good size carpark (and puddles to match :lol:)

All in all a well thought out day was good to meet a few new people and put names to faces we've got a few snaps but can't get the card reader to down load them to the pc :banghead:

Charlie-Minton didn't disgrace himself on his first meet 8O  8O

Only one negative :(  :(  We bought 2 cups of hot chocolate at the Cat & Fiddle on the way home we heard an awful clang from the back??

Two empty white mugs  :roll:  :roll:  Guilty I'm afraid M'lud :(

Back to the top

Back to the top
Brilliant day. Massive thanks to tony for all the hard work and time in planning and also Liam for the route. Brilliant venues. Can't wait for next one

dave fox

Back to the top
Hi all. Good day out everyone. I had to shoot so missed the drive out. Pics look good though. See you all next time.

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top

markoggy said

Hi all. Good day out everyone. I had to shoot so missed the drive out. Pics look good though. See you all next time.
You were missed Mark n Lisa sad to Cya part at the junction, :cry: it was a great drive out!

Back to the top
:D What a great day out hail tony our leader another good turn out
well done mate .photos look good too. :D

B reg cab

Back to the top
Thanks Tony for organising this, we had a great time. :D

The drive out was fantastic, thought I had set fire to the brakes though 8O

Was good to meet some more folks too and put names to faces.

I've taken a few pics and will post them up.

Annax

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
sorry, etch had to be sick and we were stopped for a while, so by the time we got going again i wasnt sure which way to go, so we called it a day

Back to the top

Mischief said

sorry, etch had to be sick and we were stopped for a while, so by the time we got going again i wasnt sure which way to go, so we called it a day

oh dear, I felt a bit ropey later on when i got home…

Good job you weren't in the cabby then with his new carpet  :wink:

Back to the top

PNERivage said

Mischief said

oh dear, I felt a bit ropey later on when i got home…

Good job you weren't in the cabby then with his new carpet  :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
many thanks for a good day out. hope to do it again sometime.

Back to the top
Just wanted to say thanks for a great day. The drive out was ace and very well organised. Pictures are fantastic and I think fun was had by all. Thank you.  :D  :D  :D

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.