Skip navigation

19 yr old mk1 1.6 insurance

Back to the top

19 yr old mk1 1.6 insurance

Hello all,

Currently looking at a 1.6 gti, and just been looking for insurance and just wondered who's best from
Experience, particularly those go are around my age, I've read a lot of reviews about bad service from Adrian flux and footman James, is this true? Thanks for any help, it seems I've encountered so many problems before even purchasing a mk1! :(

Cheers

Flick r - Flickr: ErosUK's Photostream Insta g r a m - @MK1_TOBY

Back to the top
Try breantacre mate, I've just renewed with them as cheapest for me, on a modified policy upto 180bhp as im Putting a 16v in, parked on a road with 12,000 miles it's 800 for me.

Worth a shot I'm only 22

MK1 Cabby '90 R.I.P

'83 tin top gti

Back to the top
Thanks for the input! But I just rang today and if your under 21 you need 1yr no claims on your own policy (I am currently insured on a polo but a named driver). Bit of a pain, looks like my dreams of owning a golf are fading away! Haha

Back to the top
Tried admiral? Saw a kid insure a lupo gti modified for 1300?
Maybe not go for gti but go small block instead have looks over speed?

MK1 Cabby '90 R.I.P

'83 tin top gti

Back to the top
adrian flux ... ? not sure worth a try

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Yea Adrian flux gave me the best quote with most people not even insuring me! I think il have to look for a 1.1! Thanks all!

Back to the top
I have a 1.6 gti and i'm 20 (just)

Done a shed load of research on this insurance situation and the cheapest i found was elephant who quoted me 1200ish (using money super market) and that was fully comp with my dad as a named driver (helps bring the price down)

adrian flux quoted me 2200  8O

both quotes included a limited 5000 mileage a year, and a year no claims, but i tried it without the year no claims, and it made naff all difference haha.

i haven't tried footman james or breantacre yet but i'm assuming their quotes will be similar to adrian flux's

Back to the top
Yea I've now brought a 1.3 and elephant also gave me the cheapest quote! So il be looking to go with then once I pick the car up!

Back to the top
i have a 1.8 gti, cost me £3054 to insure and im 19

Back to the top
Blimey!!! And you don't mind paying that? How did u manage to even get a quote haha. I was shocked at my £1700 quote on my 1.3 haha!

Back to the top
Sorry to chuck a stick through the spokes boys, my 21 year old Daughter insures her 1.8 Gti Cab for less than £800 with all mods declared!!

It must be worth considering a sex change, I beleive you can get the old fella and his mates removed for about £1500  8O

Depends how much you want a Mk1  :wink:

Back to the top
i was considering changing sex haha and i dont mind paying it at all bearing in mind that a 1.0 nissan micra was going to cost me £2560 so its not bad, oh yeah forgot to say i live in bradford (highest insurance in all of GB)

Back to the top

TheGtiKarmann said

i was considering changing sex haha and i dont mind paying it at all bearing in mind that a 1.0 nissan micra was going to cost me £2560 so its not bad, oh yeah forgot to say i live in bradford (highest insurance in all of GB)

where in bradford? im in bd4 and costs about £5000 for a 1.0 polo

Nothing too see here....

Back to the top
Try Liverpool Victoria insurance company, I got insurance for my mk1 golf gti with them today for £426 fully comp and I'm only 24 with a drink drive conviction. Most companies wouldn't touch me and others were 2k plus.

Back to the top
im not suprised in bd4 lol im in bd19 cleckheaton, if i got it insured in bd8 it would have been £8000

Back to the top
HELP!!!!!! My son passed his 1st test yesterday. I rang insurance up to say now on a full licence. They told me the price would go up…….. £3400 for the 1.1 formal e. 17 yr old student rural  postcode tpft. Ringing round others with no luck either won't touch a 17yr or cars TOOO OLD?!

Back to the top
Im 19 and my insurance on my 1.3 is £1700 a year and thats with lowered and non standard alloys. I live in Surrey. Try elephant car insurance, cheapest for me!

Back to the top

Rubbadubdub said

Im 19 and my insurance on my 1.3 is £1700 a year and thats with lowered and non standard alloys. I live in Surrey. Try elephant car insurance, cheapest for me!

Thank just tried emailing £6000 er? No

Back to the top
haha wow! insurance is just one fo those things tho, its different for everyone, you just have to find the right one! Any mods to the car?

Back to the top

Rubbadubdub said

Any mods to the car?

er ? seen pics lol  only the wheels & grill really  getting basic quotes 1st then if any good mention wheels  most should be ok with em
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.