Skip navigation

Golf PD TDI Cabby

Back to the top

Golf PD TDI Cabby

Yeah, cold spanner, and bleeding knuckles, not a good comination!!!

Back to the top

Dano said

"cough, cough"…..

Once you've sorted all the niggles, got all the hassles sorted, road tested it and are happy…….. I'd love to know how much a commissioned conversion would be!!!!!  :mrgreen:

The bodywork on mine is now as I'd like it but the engine is burning oil….. may as well burn oil properly!!!!!!  :wink:

Good conversion taking place, I'm always impressed with guys like you who have the skills & guts to do it. Hats off.

I will let you know, i have done my bit………………..   A big dent in the doner car and a bit of graffiti on on it  :mrgreen:

Way to cold to be doing stuff up there,very cold  :roll:
 :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
small update,took bits up garage,fitted clutch pulley,trial fitted alternator to engine,brought a engine stand,engine crane,just got to crack on now  :wink:

pulley genuine off ebay, new on left old on right

alternator loom ebay genuine

top cover off ebay 10 quid new  8)

alternator on

Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Looking good! Glad you are progressing with this.

There is a lad on the Caddy forum who is putting a PD in his MK1 Caddy too….

Back to the top
Way to go Bert,

Stick the aircon in too

Make it different

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Way to go Bert,

Stick the aircon in too

Make it different

a/c pump bearing gone so i took it off anyway plus the weight of it all,and its a floppy top so i drop the roof when i need air conditioning  :wink:
Bert

Back to the top
brilliant, im doing the pd conversion, just got my head around mounts etc, but not sure on the wiring.. take notes as you go fella i might need some help off you

Scrub the rubber dub

Back to the top
hi great to see another pd conversion. if you also want to take a peak at my build
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=109574&highlight=
im no where near as far on as yourself as i need to still strip my doner car and sort my shell out.

Back to the top

dany_sims said

hi great to see another pd conversion. if you also want to take a peak at my build
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=109574&highlight=
im no where near as far on as yourself as i need to still strip my doner car and sort my shell out.

Ive got a rebuild to do on my cabby before the PD goes in,still need to de immobilise the ECU too,dont want to use the clocks,key,extra loom,i want a basic loom just for the engine,nowt else,so i can do a engine transfer into another car quite easy if i decide,i havent done any work up the garage since last update,got a lot of cars coming in for work at work and its cold up there where the cars are,must get a log burner  :lol:
Have looked at your thread,shame to chop the mk4 up,i paid 600 quid for that polo complete,so not a great loss if i bugger it up  :lol:   :mrgreen:
Bert

Back to the top
Utterly amazing work! 8)  read through the whole thread till date, brilliant keep it up mate!

Love to see how this turns out. All the best and good luck!

Back to the top

Jeevs said

Utterly amazing work! 8)  read through the whole thread till date, brilliant keep it up mate!

Thanks mate,need motivation or a heater that wont make the electric meter turn fast  :lol: roll on spring
Bert

Back to the top

Bert said

Jeevs said

Thanks mate,need motivation or a heater that wont make the electric meter turn fast  :lol: roll on spring
Bert

Im sure all the lovely people here will always keep you motivated  :D  8) LOL i hear you….I'm in the same boat lolll, can't wait for spring!! :lol:

Back to the top
bert
i do know someone who i need to send my ecu of to. he has done quite a few of them if you want me to get you a price just ask and i will.

Back to the top
also bert
i pressume your breaking the rest of the polo? someone has given me a great link on how to make my rear axle 5 stud to match my front hubs.
can you pm me a price for stub axles rear hubs and brake set up. the polo set up bolts on rather than fabricating my mk4 subs to fit.
i migh not need it all as i might have to have polo 6n stubs but i will check if yours would do the job.

Back to the top
yes mate,breaking the polo,all the brakes were new,discs and pads,the bearings are fine,calipers clean alloy type,handbrake worked fine,5 stud all avaliable,was going to keep it all but not fussed,make me an offer on it all if you want
Bert

Back to the top

ultraviolent said

brilliant, im doing the pd conversion, just got my head around mounts etc, but not sure on the wiring.. take notes as you go fella i might need some help off you

im in the same boat at the moment too matey.
just started my pd tdi conversion in my mk1 van. very confident with everything apart from the wiring so am defo gonna need some help with that.

any help or wiring diagrams would be much appreciated :wink:

Back to the top
Great work bert mate keep it up. Try and find a 47kg gas bottle they make a great wood burner if you cut a hatch in a empty one of course :)

Just to let you know I have a pd lump as well now so I will be doing the conversion keep notes on mounts and loom cuz I will be on your case.

Azza

Back to the top
Also bert a mk2 golf 1.3 clutch cable is the right one to use because it is very long. Hope this helps

Back to the top

No veggie oil!

Bert said

vegetable oil can be used,it states so im my passat owners manual,i wouldnt like to add much though,the electric pump in the tank wont like it  :wink:
Bert
Hi Bert, my advise would be to stay away from the veggie oil. I'm a technician and we have recently changed a few 130 pd lumps down to the veggie oil reacting and turning oil to a sludge on one occasion. Looks amazing though should be very fast with lots of torquessss!

Banner

Back to the top

Re: No veggie oil!

bluey12 said

Bert said

vegetable oil can be used,it states so im my passat owners manual,i wouldnt like to add much though,the electric pump in the tank wont like it  :wink:
Bert
Hi Bert, my advise would be to stay away from the veggie oil. I'm a technician and we have recently changed a few 130 pd lumps down to the veggie oil reacting and turning oil to a sludge on one occasion. Looks amazing though should be very fast with lots of torquessss!

Its ok for older cars though ???

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
There are too many online users to list.