Skip navigation

What feul pump to use for MK1 VR6 conversion?

Back to the top

Am i right in saying the fuel pump can be located/mounted anywhere as the brakets underneath the car were so badly rusted they broke of when trying to undo them to put the crazyquiff bracket on!  :banghead:

Back to the top
you dont want to mount the pump too far away from the tank if you plan to use the original connection. if you also fitted the in-tank lift pump plus an external reservoir then you could move the pump a bit

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
I managed to get it fitted where the accumulator normaly sits so not to far. Just need to wire it all up now!  8O

Back to the top

rubjonny said

forgot to ask, what fuel tank do you have?

wiring sounds complicated i know sorry :lol: E/14 isnt so bad as its the only large pin in the plug, you cant miss it. plug e is the black one in the middle (see fusebox sticky)

D/13 you need a small round pin again nick it from a spare loom or crimp on a fresh one. the pin numbers are stamped into the front of the plugs too to make it easier to find them

Hi jonny.

have a few pics here of the fusebox, hoping you could point me in the right direction and tell me what some of these are, feul pump related etc?
if you need better pics let me know!

Thanks!

Back to the top
ok you have full CE2 fusebox in there already, so ignore the pins i mention! you need fuel pump trigger to g1/3 (which it will be already if you have full vr6 engien loom)

fuel pump power goes to plug M, i can see its plugged in already. the red/white wire with red plug needs permanent live, it goes into socket Y or the big red jumper block between 30 and 30b. the other single wires leave off for now, the brown/white is probably the interior light though.

for more info:
http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?219775

Back to the top
Thanks for the link Jonny, came very usefull!

O.k, correct me if im wrong but if I connect the 4 wires coming from the fusebox (feul pump/tank wires M) directly to the 4 wires coming from the MK1 fuel tank/pump……shouldn't this just work?

See pics…

VR6 feul pump/tank connecter removed….

4 wires coming from MK1….

VR loom connected with Mk1 wires…..

O yes…and just curious what is this little plug running of the same loom but seperately if you know what i mean?….

Back to the top
yes that will do you fine :)

2nd plug not 100%, its nothign to do with runnign of car anyway. if it was a 5 door id be tempted to say its for rear door pins?

Back to the top

Hi guys I'm new to here so please be kind haha.
I've got a late cabrio gti that I've had a 24v vr6 from a 4motion put in it.
The problem I'm having is that it's bursting fuel lines and running a little off. I'm using the stock pump although it's a new one. Should I get a new pump that's running less than 4 bar or is there a pressure regulator I need?

Cheers
Josh

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.